Your Daily Saki

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Your Daily Saki

Post by Sandy »

The vast intelligence that orders the cosmos is available to all. The beauty of life, the wonder of living, is that we share creativity, intelligence, and unlimited potential with the rest of the cosmos. If the universe is vast and mysterious, we are vast and mysterious. If it contains innumerable creative energies, we contain innumerable creative energies. If it has healing energies, we also have healing energies. To realize that we are not simply physical beings on a material planet, but that we are whole beings, each a miniature cosmos, each related to all of life in intimate, profound ways, should radically transform how we perceive ourselves, our environments, our social problems. Nothing can ever be isolated from wholeness.
You know how you feel when you start thinking about how vast is the cosmos... or how God has always existed? I feel like that when I read the above bit and really take in what is said... How awesome is our gift of life? (and not just physical...life eternal too! ... :bana: )

Love,
Sandy

Are you still afloat over there in Houston? ( Hurricane Harvey) :kiss:
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Hi Sandy, yes we're okay after Harvey. Some friends lost their homes and some people are just now able to leave their homes and recuperate

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

What do I mean by love? It is such a word that one cannot give one meaning. All attributes like kindness, gentleness, goodness, humbleness, mildness, fineness, are names of one and the same thing. Love therefore is that stream which when it rises, falls in the form of a fountain, and each stream coming down is a virtue. All virtues taught by books or by a religious person have no strength and life because they have been learned; a virtue that is learned has no power, no life. The virtue that naturally springs from the depth of the heart, the virtue that rises from the love-spring and then falls as many different attributes, that virtue is real. There is a Hindustani saying, 'No matter how much wealth you have, if you do not have the treasure of virtue, it is of no use'. The true riches is the ever increasing spring of love from which all virtues come.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Eric,

I'm glad you are okay and were not damaged by that monster storm.
You wrote:
What do I mean by love? It is such a word that one cannot give one meaning. All attributes like kindness, gentleness, goodness, humbleness, mildness, fineness, are names of one and the same thing. Love therefore is that stream which when it rises, falls in the form of a fountain, and each stream coming down is a virtue. All virtues taught by books or by a religious person have no strength and life because they have been learned; a virtue that is learned has no power, no life. The virtue that naturally springs from the depth of the heart, the virtue that rises from the love-spring and then falls as many different attributes, that virtue is real. There is a Hindustani saying, 'No matter how much wealth you have, if you do not have the treasure of virtue, it is of no use'. The true riches is the ever increasing spring of love from which all virtues come.
I have to tell you that is one of the most profound description of Love that I have read. Visualizing love as a fountain with virtues from the heart... well... just brilliant! Thank you for sharing this.

Love you, bro,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Sandy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:53 amI have to tell you that is one of the most profound description of Love that I have read. Visualizing love as a fountain with virtues from the heart... well... just brilliant! Thank you for sharing this.
Sandy

I wish to chime in on Sandy's enthusiasm for Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan's commentary. It's perfect!

Image Welles
happyrain
Family

Inayat Khan on Where to Find God

Post by happyrain »

Things in the world are changeable; they are not to be relied upon. Man sees the vanity of the world; but if he does not see a reality in contrast, he remains intoxicated by the unreality, and tries to get some pleasure from his life, even for a moment. The happiness of this world is something we cannot keep; it is just like the horizon -- the nearer you go, the farther it goes. As soon as you get it, you see it is not the thing you wanted. That discontent continues its work till we have found and understood the manifestation of God, in which is hidden the Divine Spirit. God cannot be found in temples, for God is Love; and love does not live in temples, but in the heart of man, which is the temple of God.

~~~ "Supplementary Papers, Brotherhood I", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

~~~ To deny the changeableness of life is like fancying a motionless sea, which can only exist in one's imagination.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thank you, Eric, for another thought provoking message from Hazrat Inayat Khan. I had to chuckle after I read it at the very "Martha" thought that came to me... "I am thinking I very well may need to give my heart a through dusting and vacuuming since the God of Love was sharing that confined space with me. :)

Love,
Sandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

To learn to adopt the standard of God, and to cease to wish to make the world conform to one's own standard of good, is the chief lesson of religion.

Bowl of Saki, by Hazrat Inayat Khan
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Wow that one really makes you think doesn't it?
A real eye/soul opener for sure. LOL I am just thinking about the many times I have wished the world to be good in the way I think good should be. In thinking about this bit of wisdom.... wow...it's exciting to imagine what God's standard would be like... :sunflower: ( even though I am sure my imaginings fall far short. :D )

Thanks E!
love,
Sandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

hi Sandy.

I believe it's one of the main reasons as to why Hazrat Inayat Khan felt it was so important to bring his understanding of Sufism to the West. A part of his teachings is tolerance towards all religious ideals. Modern day to all sincerest forms of devotion. To see God existing in the heart of all people. We condemn others so easily as mortals. I feel now this applies to modern politics in some fashion, seeing as most of us have no clue what's really going on behind the scenes- with evidence of misdirection from not just ones government officials but our news outlets as well. Propaganda and the like... Somewhere I feel it's important to remember our humanness and without feeling the need to conform or let others conform us- simply accepting to the best of ones ability when there is a choice between Love or Hate. It can be tricky when these games are meant to be deceitful and when others act out with malice. Very confusing... Yet, in the simplicity of this Saki I sense an enlightened view to worldly affairs. Something to take hold of when the wave washes over us.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

So grateful for todays Saki I want to share. Here it is in its entirety, whether bits and pieces connect with you or if you just can't help but smile reading it all! :mrgreen:

The aim of the mystic is to keep near to the idea of unity, and to find out where we unite.

Bowl of Saki, April 24, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

When people say that they distinguish between right and wrong by their results, even then they cannot be sure if in the punishment there was not a reward, or in the reward a punishment. What does this show us? It shows us that life is a puzzle of duality. The pairs of opposites keep us in an illusion and make us think, 'This is this, and that is that'. At the same time by throwing a greater light upon things we shall find in the end that they are quite different from what we had thought.

Seeing the nature and character of life the Sufi says that it is not very important to distinguish between two opposites. What is most important is to recognize that One which is hiding behind it all. Naturally after realizing life the Sufi climbs the ladder which leads him to unity, to the idea of unity which comes through the synthesis of life, by seeing One in all things, in all beings.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIV/XIV_2_12.htm

Whatever a man desires, that desire informs us of the state of mind he is in, and those who understand the mind well, know the mind of another simply by studying the desires and tendencies of his life. Love of a rose, a lily, a jasmine, of sweet, sour, salt, or savory things, expresses the particular tendency of a person's mind, the mood he is in. Modern education omits the study of the truth which teaches us that unity comes from nature's variety, whereas the sole aim of the mystic is to keep near to the idea of unity and to find out where we unite.

There is an Arabic saying, 'If you wish to know God, you must know yourself.' How little man knows while he is in the intoxication of individualism! He thinks, 'I am a separate being; you are another; there is no connection between you and me, and we all have our own joys and free will.' Did man but know it, his life is dependent not only on the objects and things that keep the body alive, but also on the activity of a thousand minds in a day. ... Who then can say, 'I am an individual, independent and free, I can think as I wish, and I can do what I wish? ... We are connected with one another. Our lives are tied together, and there is a link in which we can see one current running through all. There are many globes and lamps, and yet one current is running through all. The mystic seeks to realize this constantly and to impress it on his mind in whatever he may see. What, for him, are the waves of the sea? Are they not the sea itself?

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_6.htm

~~~ The aim of the mystic is to keep near to the idea of unity, and to find out where we unite.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thank you for sharing that wonderful message, Eric. :sunflower:

That is definitely one to read and ponder again and again. :happy
xxSandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Isn’t he an interesting fellow
:hithere
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Isn’t he an interesting fellow
:hithere
He certainly is... wise too! :sunflower:
xxSandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Sandy,
Yet again I find many things here are aligning with spiritual endeavors. The synchronicities shared between members or writings is like receiving an 11:11 time prompt... So I hope you find this excerpt on Forgiveness helpful and beautiful.

The quality of forgiveness that burns up all things except beauty is the quality of love.

Bowl of Saki, June 22, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Nature is such that no two things are created alike; and the human being cannot expect his or her mate, whom nature made, to be as docile and flexible as that creature whom his imagination alone conceives. To make a friend, forgiveness is required which burns up all things, leaving only beauty.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/III/III_II_11.htm

Love is the fire that burns all infirmities. ... By criticizing, by judging, by looking at wickedness with contempt, one does not help the wicked or the stupid person. The one who helps is he who is ready to overlook, who is ready to forgive, to tolerate, to take disadvantages he may have to meet with patiently.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIV/XIV_5.htm

To resist evil, however, usually means to participate in and be guilty of the same evil. There is a story told of Muhammad, that a man who had always maligned him and behaved as a bitter and treacherous enemy, came to see him. His disciples, hoping for revenge, were disappointed and indignant to find that Muhammad treated his despicable enemy with courtesy, even deference, granting his request. 'Did you not see the gray in his beard?' asked Muhammad after the man had gone. 'The man is old, and his age at least called for my courtesy.' It is forgiveness and that forbearance which is a recognition of the freedom and dignity of the human being, that consume all ugliness and burn up all unworthiness, leaving only beauty there.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/III/III_II_4.htm

If you click on the links you can read in more depth some of the teachings on forgiveness and Love.

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

We are all one.... :happy I forget that sometimes... I know what you mean synchronicity between teachings and messages are as good as a prompt.
Absolutely! This is something..(forgiveness) that I am working on and I am finding syncronocities on this coming from other places as well.
It has been difficult, this forgiveness with certain prominent figures on the world stage. Determined to get past this skyscraper blocking my path, though. I am only hurting myself as remaining in a state of unforgiveness is spirit poison.
Thanks Eric! I love the "Sakis"
xxSandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

:loves
Sorry for the inconsistencies with quotes and font sizes.
I sometimes reply from my phone and or before work. Today’s message answers my own question, how to rise above. Sometimes we are graced with the awareness of our undesirable thoughts yet not always sure how to free ourselves from their entangling web... once we take the attention away from ourselves we help free up some of the mundane and self inflicted suffering
The awakened heart says, "I must give, I must not demand." Thus it enters a gate that leads to a constant happiness.

Bowl of Saki, June 28, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

An unhappy person, being himself unhappy, cannot make others happy. It is a wealthy person who can help the one who is hard up, not a poor person, however much desire of helping he may have. So it is with happiness, which is a great wealth; and a happy person can take away the unhappiness of another, for he has enough for himself and for others.

Earthly pleasures are the shadows of happiness; because of their transitory character. True happiness is in love, which is the stream that springs from one's soul. He who will allow this stream to run continually in all conditions of life, in all situations, however difficult, will have a happiness which truly belongs to him, the source of which is not without, but within. If there is a constant outpouring of love one becomes a divine fountain, for from the depth of the fountain rises the stream and, on its return, it pours upon the fountain, bathing it continually.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIII/XIII_17.htm

Why does a mystic attribute such great importance to harmony? Because to a mystic, his whole life is one continuous symphony, a playing of music, with each soul contributing his particular part to the symphony. A person's success therefore depends upon the idea he has of harmony. Very few people in the world pay attention to harmony. They do not know that without it, there is no chance of happiness. It is only the harmonious ones who can make others happy and partake of that happiness themselves; and apart from them, it is hard to find happiness in the world.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_8.htm

The method of attainment is to endeavor always to make others happy and by experiencing happiness in the happiness of others. In the terms of the Sufi, it is Suluk. Any selfishness prevents us from appreciating another's happiness and therefore we shall be kept back, for the happiness of others is the gate to our own happiness. Real happiness is entering the gate. We must feel satisfaction in another's satisfaction ... If a person needs a certain thing and we can supply it, we should be happy, how ever small the thing may be.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/archives/constancy.htm

~~~ The awakened heart says, "I must give, I must not demand." Thus it enters a gate that leads to a constant happiness.[\quote]
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Eric,
Thank you once again for wonderful messages to take with us into the day. No worries about the font and size. To be honest, I didn't even notice. :)

Have a great week end! :sunny:
hugs,
Sandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Todays message from the Beloved one says that eternal life, in all of its glory, is waiting for everyone. I am humbled by this reminder and will try to carry it with me when dealing with others and my own determinations of unsavory or undesirable thoughts actions
Then from todays saki,
-----------------------------------------

There is a light within every soul; it only needs the clouds that overshadow it to be broken for it to beam forth.

Bowl of Saki, July 18, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Every being has an individual ego produced from his own illusion. This limits his view which is led in the direction of his own interest, and he judges of good and bad, high or low, right or wrong in relation to himself and others, through his limited view, which is generally partial and imaginary rather than true. This darkness is caused by the overshadowing of the soul by the external self. Thus a person becomes blind to his own infirmities as well as to the merits of another, and the right action of another becomes wrong in his eyes and the fault of the self seems right. This is the case with mankind in general, until the veil of darkness is lifted from his eyes.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/II/II_3.htm

It is the bodily desires, passion, anger, appetite, all the different desires and needs, that make the mind helpless and make man hold on to them. All the worries, anxieties, depressions, and despairs arise from them. There is not a single moment in which the mind is able to stand aloof so as to reflect the light within, the light of the soul, so limited has it been made by the limited existence on earth. In reality this is the whole tragedy of human life.

The one and only thing that hinders man from advancing spiritually, or at least from advancing towards the goal, for which he is destined, and which he is longing to attain, is this: that the mind is so absorbed by the demands and wants of the physical body that it has hardly a moment to give itself entirely to the reflection of the light of the soul.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_22.htm

The difference between a scientist and a mystic is that the former analyzes the things he is interested in, studying them by different methods in order to ascertain as much information about them as he can, the ways in which they can be of any benefit, their uses, and their nature, whereas the mystic, though in a way doing the same, first aims at lighting that light within himself by which he can see in this world of darkness and illusion, instead of using some technical instrument or special scientific process. As it is said, ' Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven', so his first task is to light the candle within.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XII/XII_I_15.htm

There is a light within every soul. It only needs the clouds, which hide it, to dissolve for it to beam forth. This is the light of revelation. It is like a lantern to us, it lights up every dark corner we wish to examine, and gives an answer to every question we would ask. ... There is a beautiful Indian tale that illustrates the meaning of this light. It is said that there is a certain kind of cobra, which has a diamond in its head. When it goes into the jungle, it takes out the diamond and places it on a tree. By means of its light, it searches all it wants, and when it is finished, it puts the diamond back in its head. The cobra represents the soul, and the diamond the light of inspiration guiding it. The same truth is portrayed in the story of Aladdin and his lamp. The lady he loved represented the ideal of his soul. The lamp he had to find was the light of inner guidance, which when found, would lead him to the attainment of his ideal.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/V/V_30.htm

~~~ There is a light within every soul it only needs the clouds that overshadow it to be broken for it to beam forth.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Eric. I will give myself time to ponder these words of wisdom.

This especially...
~~~ There is a light within every soul it only needs the clouds that overshadow it to be broken for it to beam forth.
Love,
Sandy
Deeffect
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Deeffect »

This information makes me open the world of knowledge
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

The first lesson that we can learn in the path of thankfulness is to forget absolutely what we do for another, and to remember only what the other person has done for us. Throughout the whole journey in the spiritual path the main thing to be accomplished is the forgetting of our false ego, so that in this way we may arrive some day at the realization of that Being whom we call God.

There is a story of a slave called Ayaz, who was brought before a king with nine others, and the king had to select one to be his personal attendant, The wise king gave into the hands of each of the ten a wineglass and commanded him to throw it down. Each one obeyed the command. Then the king asked each one of them, 'Why did you do such a thing?' The first nine answered 'Because your Majesty gave me the order'; the plain truth cut and dried. And then came the tenth slave, Ayaz. He said, 'Pardon, sire, I am sorry,' for he realized that the king already knew it was his command; by replying, 'Because you told me,' nothing new was said to the king. This beauty of expression enchanted the king so much that he selected him to be his attendant.

It was not long before Ayaz won the trust and confidence of the king, who gave him the charge of his treasury, the treasury in which precious jewels were kept. This made many jealous, this sudden rise from a slave to a treasurer of the king, a position which many envied. No sooner did people know that Ayaz had become a favorite of the king than they began to tell numerous stories about him in order to bring him into disfavor with the king. One of the stories was that Ayaz went every day into the room where the jewels were locked in the safe, and that he was stealing them every day, little by little. The king answered, 'No, I cannot believe such a thing; you have to show me.'

So they brought the king as Ayaz entered this room, and made him stand in a place where there was a hole, looking into the room. And the king saw what was going on there. Ayaz entered the room and opened the door of the safe. And what did he take out from it? His old ragged clothes which he had worn as a slave. He kissed them and pressed them to his eyes, and put them the table. There, incense was burning, and this that he was doing was something sacred to him. He then put on these clothes and looked at himself in the mirror, and said, as one might be saying a prayer, 'Listen, O Ayaz, see what you used to be before. It is the king who has made you, who has given you the charge of this treasure. So regard this duty as your most sacred trust, and this honor as your privilege and as a token of the love and kindness of the king. Know that it is not your worthiness that has brought you to this position. Know that it is his greatness, his goodness, his generosity which has overlooked your faults, and which has bestowed that rank and position upon you by which you are now being honored. Never forget, therefore, your first day, the day when you came to this town; for it is the remembering of that day which will keep you in your proper place.'

He then took off the clothes and put them in the same place of safety, and came out. As he stepped out, what did he see? He saw that the king before whom he bowed was waiting eagerly to embrace him; and the king said to him, 'What a lesson you have given me Ayaz! It is this lesson which we must all learn, whatever be our position. Because before that King in whose presence we all are but slaves, nothing should make us forget that helplessness through which we were reared and raised, and brought to life, to understand and to live a life of joy. People told me that you had stolen jewels from our treasure-house, but on coming here I have found that you have stolen my heart.'

https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/III/III_III_2.htm
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

That was wonderful. Eric..... I got goosebumps when I read this awesome ending...
People told me that you had stolen jewels from our treasure-house, but on coming here I have found that you have stolen my heart.'
Thank you!
xxSandy
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Thank you Sandy, I cried the first time I read this story and thought it worth sharing
:loves
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Happy November!

The 1111 promptings have served as a reminder for me to keep on the path, cultivate awareness and practice wisdom. Over time I have developed a personal relationship with something as simple as recognizing the prompts but it is more than seeing repeating numbers. The wonder to this phenomena is that each soul has the opportunity to play and develop a sacred relationship with one of the the most inspirational and intelligent forces there are. There is a secret here that makes me smile. :lol:

In liu of our collective efforts I felt inclined to share this beauty from the daily saki...

It is a patient pursuit to bring water from the depth of the ground; one has to deal with much mud in digging before one reaches the water of life.

Bowl of Saki, November 2, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Some say, 'I have loved dearly once, but I was disappointed.' It is as if a man were to say, 'I dug in the earth, but when the mud came, I was disappointed.' It is true that mud came; but with patience, he will reach the water one day. Only patience can endure. Only endurance produces greatness.

from https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_6.htm

Keep on keepin' on! As we develop our sincerity we discover or rediscover those fulfilling facets of ourselves and our reality.

Peace! :loves :loves :loves :loves :loves
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Eric,

What a wonderful read on a subject so close to "all of our hearts." I found it was just the inspiration I needed and found help on a question I mulled over this morning after contemplating the sad fate of a much maligned woman in Pakistan. How I wish that love would control the outcome....I pray for her.

Anyway... thank you for sharing another bit of wisdom from Hazrat Inayat Khan. :sunflower:

Love,
Sandy