Be Love by Jennifer Pastiloff (a wonderful little story)

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Be Love by Jennifer Pastiloff (a wonderful little story)

Post by Welles »

Sandy
Staff

Re: Be Love by Jennifer Pastiloff (a wonderful little story)

Post by Sandy »

:cheers: Oh it surely is "a wonderful little story!" Thanks Welles! :kiss:
((((hugs))))))
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Hey Welles, do you mind sharing the story here on the forum ? You can put it in italics or quotes. Sometimes, I can't access the URLs you share.
Whether they're external links to a story or to a youtube video- It isn't always easy for me because of the limited access I have. When I can, I check during work- Work has something called iBoss. It's a filter, believe it or not I've been denied access to one of your pages due to prohibited friendship content.
So - Please. I'm sure others here will benefit from your taking time to provide us with more then a link alone.
Much Appreciated.

Thank you.,
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Hi Happyrain, :hithere

I am sorry you have trouble accessing the links that I provide. Your's is the first feed back of that type I've received so it is a new bit of input for me to consider. In general I'm pretty strict about attributions and linking other sites in internet forums. You see most people make their expenses or part of their living from the page hits they receive. To be a courteous netizen one should either send people directly to the site on which the original content is found or take the time to get permission to republish it and provide proper credits/links. I'm too lazy to go the second route so I link the pages on which I find excellent resources.

In this case, because of your request, I'll repost the story but without the accompanying picture or some unique formatting to her writing that added to the impact, I thought.

Welles

Be Love — Posted by JenPastiloff in Inspiration, love

I just came to the library to write. I see this man standing and looking at some books. He has a sign on his chest that says “Be Love.” I ask him if I can take a picture and he happily obliges. I turn around to get some money in my wallet (he’s homeless, that much was evident. There are a lot of homeless that hang out at the Santa Monica library.) I turn back around and he’s taken the sign off. “Pictures free” he says “but you have to wear this for 2 hours. I’m David, what’s your name?” I ask him to tie it around my neck. He says if anyone asks me what it’s about to tell them “It’s a demand.” I gave him a hug and two bucks and went up the stairs to write. The smiles I got as I walked to my little table by the window. Be love, be love, be love. Part of my book talks about the messengers in our lives. David was one such messenger indeed. Be love. Pass it on.

ps, he’d also never taken a pic with an iPhone before and the pic of me below was his first one ever. Pretty pretty good.

Later that night…

So I wore the “Be Love” sign to class tonight. I walked in and said “Can anyone guess what the theme is tonight?” Everyone laughed at the obviousness of it, but, as someone said after class, when she came to me with tears in her eyes, the room “softened.” She said, verbatim, that she had never seen anything like it. If you don’t know what sign I am talking about, see the post below this with the pic included. A homeless man was wearing the sign today and after I took a picture of him, he took it off and told me “Picture is free but you gotta wear the sign.” So I did. Being true to my word and all. The girl with tears in her eyes said that tonight’s class was like a poem, which, as you know, just might be the greatest thing to say to me.

Did I do that? Nah. The sign on my chest did.
You see, no one could resist it. Even the grumpy dudes in the back who think I talk too much and “can’t we just downdog?”, even they smiled and giggled at the sign. It softened the room because, well, love does that.
However you look at it, really, we should all be wearing such signs.
Even if they are invisible.
Even if only we can see it.
As I drove to teach my class I was behind a guy who was driving way below the speed limit and turned with using a blinker, a guy I deemed “beep-beep” to myself. Out loud. In my car.
Which made me chuckle. Here I was, with a big ole BE LOVE cardboard sign on my chest and I was calling some stranger an beep-beep.
I laughed at myself and pretty quickly thanked the cardboard for keeping me in check. Be congruent, Jen. You are love. Be love. Or, as Jesse on Breaking Bad would say: Be love, yo. (I apologize for any BB inside jokes. My obsession runs deep.)

May I always have a sign on my chest. Whether I can see it or not. May we all remember that we have these signs on our chests. may we all remember to Be LOVE.

Thanks David, the homeless man I met in the library today, who passed on the love to me. I hope you know what you’ve done, my dear sir. My big dear hearted sir. I just hope you have some small inkling, whoever and wherever you are.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Thank You Welles. Another Reminder that, as the author has stated, seems to slip our Mind in the midst of Routine.
Much to Consider. Much to be Appreciated/Grateful For.

Cheers.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Haha! :D

I just noticed that the classic PhpBB language censor is turned on. In Jennifer's little story she uses a mild profanity that has been replaced by 'beep-beep', which rather diminishes the humorous impact of the story IMO.

Welles
Krystalshard
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 91387
Please type in these numbers:91294: 36245

Post by Krystalshard »

Nice story, and thankful for the re-post Welles. I have some of those filter issues at work too.

Be-ing Love,
Jean
:loves
“You are born into life for a purpose, and one purpose only; to learn to do the will of God and be of loving and merciful service to one another." Monjoronson