Imagine you had hundreds of years ahead of you

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
I-AM
Family

Imagine you had hundreds of years ahead of you

Post by I-AM »

Hello all 11:11 boarders,

I was just contemplating my aging recently. Just short 10 years ago I was able to perform much, much better at work (watching that monitor for many, many hours without my eyes starting to hurt).

Just imagine if we had a life span of those Adamites and Adamsonites of old... :hithere Living 800 - 1000 years.

Kind of insane. At 40, you would have 960 years left. At 80, you would still have 920 years left.

Imagine being 440 years old, having visited all countries, all continents, having been to Mr. Everest, having snorkeling and diving, having been to a rain forest, Sahara desert, Siberia, tropical islands of Hawaii.... and......... guess what.............. still having 560 years to go! :roll

Wouldn't you eventually find this planet Earth boring? I think so. Wouldn't you desire fusion with your Mystery Monitor to release you from the bondage of your material body?

:shock:

Those people of old, they had a very different proposition available to them, which is not available to us.

Just a thought.

Robert
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Imagine you had hundreds of years ahead of you

Post by Sandy »

Hi Robert,
I was sitting here thinking about your post and realised that a person's perspective on living a long life might involve their quality of life. It would be rather daunting to be looking at 800 years in poverty and struggle or perhaps a life of racial and prejudicial bondage. Of course that is also a lot of time to develop a strong spiritual faith and accumulate vast knowledge on all kinds of subjects. So for me I think I would be leaning towards enjoying at least a couple hundred years... more really as I like the idea of having all that time to get to bond ever more closely with my TA as you brought up.
On a postive note about our short life span, We have things in this era that help to even the score a bit with our long-lived cousins...flush toilets and mozzie spray! :bana: Life is good! ;) :)
Well I am about to fall asleep on my keyboard...IBut before I close the laptop I just wat to say that it was great to see you on the board again, Robert. You have been missed! :hithere
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
KurtSchluter
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 71983
Please type in these numbers:91294: 43625

Post by KurtSchluter »

My perspective is eternal. The descriptions of the Mansion worlds and beyond staggers our limited imagination. We will have unlimited imagination in our morontia state then to see more clearly our future than now. This makes me feel like a kid again with a child's wonder of the world. Each moment is Gods gift to us from inside. We just have to feel it.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

My perspective is eternal.
A very good reminder and perspective, indeed! :cheers:
Each moment is Gods gift to us from inside. We just have to feel it.
That's the way to start the day and then live within each moment. Thank you, Kurt, I needed that! :happy
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

Funny, I was just making a similar comment in a post I made today. 8)

Just recently a very, very busy friend of mine was toiling away and I said to him" do you ever take a break?"
His answer was" no time for a break, I have a lot left to do and I'm going to be dead a long time." Funny guy, but
this is the way we are wired. Go Go Go !! :bana:
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for your perspective. I agree with you 100%.

It's just that they say that arriving on mansion worlds after fusing with your Mystery Monitor and dissolving the material body is a grand one... :hithere

I was just thinking how blessed were those old Adamites and Adamsonites. After spending 800 years experiencing the planet, they still had about 200 years left to fuse and, importantly, while enjoying perfect health with no diseases plaguing them.

Guess they were the lucky ones... :hithere

Robert
Krystalshard
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 91387
Please type in these numbers:91294: 36245

Post by Krystalshard »

This concept of time... and how our now shortened life spans have created this rush to get the living all done in the limited time, that we feel the clock is pressing us on.

Back to Kurt's post: Timeless is our destiny, and our classroom of physical experience is temporary. We've become the genetic outcome of the failure of the initial intent of the Garden. So, as the eons have progressed, our make up has weakened. We also have to bear the results of our own chemical and industrial experiments, in our weakened state. Lots of lessons to be learned here, right?
This is not outside of any of the plans for our education, as all experiences enrich us and deepen our qualifications for our careers on 'the other side'. But I AM's musings of the viewpoint of a near immortal stay on the planet really are enticing. Just take that viewpoint, add responsibility and love, and no time wasting would occur, I'm sure. Just a longer temporary schooling of our character!

It has actually reminded me to assume the mindset of a more relaxed intention: Take care of business, have fun, explore and OH-- Make a difference for someone else today, if at all possible!
thanks guys!

Jean
“You are born into life for a purpose, and one purpose only; to learn to do the will of God and be of loving and merciful service to one another." Monjoronson
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Krystalshard wrote:But I AM's musings of the viewpoint of a near immortal stay on the planet really are enticing.
Hi Jean!

Just imagine nothing bad happened back then. With the constellation circuitry in full working order, they needed an apple per day to sustain themselves. (Eva would not eat a cucumber. She existed on fruits only.)

Living in a subtropical garden, no worldly government asking for any taxes, no pension insurance, no health insurance, no money, 365 fruits per year, lifespan of 999 years, no diseases or injuries (should an alligator eat your leg, it would have re-grown), no need to put heat insulation or any clothes ahead of the coming winter. No worries of the future.

I am sure after spending 800 years on the planet (later into the mission they would have ships and means of transport), seeing it all, having been to places, one would look at fusion as liberation from material body... :hithere
Krystalshard
Family

Post by Krystalshard »

I see your point Robert!

Lol!
Jean
:lol:
“You are born into life for a purpose, and one purpose only; to learn to do the will of God and be of loving and merciful service to one another." Monjoronson
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to look back in time and see things, for instance, the garden and Adam and Eve... I guess some people can at will and others are fortunate and get little glimpses. We all have gifts... and some of the best gifts I see in all of you...These are the gifts that really have the most impact on this world... but still...wouldn't it be nice.... :mrgreen:
XX Sandy

Oh geez, now I am hearing that song, "Wouldn't it be Nice"
This part... :lol:

"Wouldn't it be nice if we were older
Then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together
In the kind of world where we belong"
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Sandy wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if we were older
No, it resolutely and absolutely woudn't be nice! Of that I am sure!

:roll :roll :roll
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol:
Well, the second part of that particular stanza would be nice. ;) :mrgreen:
Krystalshard
Family

Post by Krystalshard »

Oh Sandy, you make me giggle. Isn't this thread about BEING older? Ha Ha hahahaha!

:love
.Jean
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Krystalshard wrote:Oh Sandy, you make me giggle. Isn't this thread about BEING older?
No, it absolutely and resolutely isn't! It is about human near-immortality in an eternally young and healthy body!

:hithere :hithere :hithere
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Okay I must be missing something. :lol:

I don't know...right now I am happy living on Urantia as cranky ole Sandy and learning, if not a bit slowly, lessons that will help me get, "All That." :mrgreen:
So bring on the second bit! ;) ... a world where "everyone feels they belong". :bana: All of earth's children might as well be completely fulfilled and happy along the way!... and that is what my particular TA and I are focused on in my short earth life span. :loves
:sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:

It seems regardless if you live a short time or a long time but walk each day moment to moment with your TA then every day will always be fresh and a great blessing whether fused or not. :love
AthenaGrey
Busy Bee

Post by AthenaGrey »

It's funny, my good friend and I were just discussing this particular subject today. We were contemplating the uncertainty of this life and where we would go from here in our spiritual training/careers. Her comment to me was "what would you like to do [after we die]?" I love this planet, I love being ALIVE and experiencing all life has to offer, but I feel driven to go forward, move on, explore other places. I want to SEE and BE a part of this great universe. I look forward to that eventuality and all that it will bring.

But deep down, I sincerely wish I had 800 years to enjoy everything Urantia gives us. It makes me sad that I have such limited time, that it may be even more limited by factors of disease, war, accidents, etc. There is so much about this planet to love, live, breathe and do every day, that I am almost certain I could never be bored even if I had 2000 years to live here. All the things I could be, do and create, all the people to know and love - gosh, there are endless possibilities for someone with hundreds of years! Imagine, as Sandy says, having that much time to get to intimately know your TA! But I think it's not impossible that once we quit the mortal coil that we have to also be done with Urantia. She will live on with us, and I'm sure we will have invitations to come back, and perhaps even know her in ways we never could in the flesh. And who knows, maybe some of us will be called back here after we have progressed to serve as Teachers on the planet we love so dearly. At that point, what does Time matter? It is the knowing and the doing that is important!

:)

By the way, did anyone else see today's message "The Local Celestial Administrator" and get the feeling like Urantia had been "promoted?" I did. And I'm celebrating by going out and planting some things in my garden! Nothing better than giving Gaia something else to love. :sunflower: :loves
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

((((((((AthenaGrey))))))))
I haven't spoken to you in ages, but I kid you not, just this week I was thinking about you and your gorgeous "babies" ...I guess I was contemplating that awesome story when one of them escaped and the miracles that ensued over the long days until the reunion. I don't know why, but maybe it is because I have become a little bird-brained these days as I have been sitting outside and watching the antics of a group of Magpies and falling in love with each and every one of them...
Anyway, it is fabulous to see you again! :D

We are so blessed I think to grow up on Urantia and to be a part of this planets colourful history. I must admit the transmit you spoke of brought tears to my eyes... and what better way to celebrate then to add good things to Our beautiful Planetary Supreme's portfolio of experience. :bana:

You wrote:
But I think it's not impossible that once we quit the mortal coil that we have to also be done with Urantia. She will live on with us, and I'm sure we will have invitations to come back, and perhaps even know her in ways we never could in the flesh.
That is very beautiful and made me cry as I contemplated it...(just for the record I cry (the good kind) pretty easy. ;) :lol: )
I think She sort of speaks of that here...
...Urantia
“I know every word that is spoken in every place, at any time, in any language, in friendship or anger. I am your Earth Mother and you are my children. I see every move that is made, at any time, in any place, and I remember it all. I am Urantia, I am Gaia, and those that are your friends (the Midwayers) are my loyal servants, close to my heart, and those that are my servants’ servants will live in my heart. I shall hear of how well you are doing millennia from now."
Imagine, living in the heart forever of our beautiful earth mother!!! :sunflower:

For all of you who haven't read the transmit, here it is. http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22473

Today is beautiful and I plan to follow your example a little later this afternoon and in appreciation do something to beautify the face of Urantia.
Love,
Sandy
AthenaGrey
Busy Bee

Post by AthenaGrey »

Sandy, I think I have been remiss in my storytelling of late. So many miracles have been happening in my life! My little babies are such a precious gift and grow moreso every day. I think of you and everyone here very often. There's a lot of love emanating from all over the world because of the people on this board, and I can definitely feel it the same way I feel God :) Love you and miss you always, my dear sweet lady.

I think you are right, Urantia will always be with us. Funny how that seems to be a universal truth for everyone guiding, watching over and teaching us, really :)
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Athena,
You wrote:
I think you are right, Urantia will always be with us. Funny how that seems to be a universal truth for everyone guiding, watching over and teaching us, really :)
You know I was smiling as I read your post because not even too long ago I was already dreading leaving Christ Michael when the time comes to move forward and leave this local universe. Geez I hadn't even graduated from my mortal existence yet :roll: :) ...I guess you could call me a "home body." :roll: But I feel better these days as I realize that we don't leave them behind but bring them with us as we are all connected...just as you say in your post that you feel the love just as assuredly as you feel God. That is such a comfort...Just think, our capacity to love and embrace all the new beings we meet along the way will continue to grow to epic proportions! :bana: Can't imagine what that must feel like right now and it gives me that sort of weird feeling that you get when you think about God never having a beginning. :lol:
Life is good. :roll
:loves
Sandy
theunim
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by theunim »

Hi All,

I was drawn to reading this because a couple of weeks ago or so, I was thinking of all of my plans and ambitions, and I "roughly calculated" that I'd need to live to about 200 years old to see to fruition all the things I would have wanted to do, with just careers alone! So, it made me smile to see that someone was also thinking this not too long ago, either.

With Love,
Theunim
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

— Rumi

The pure love of one soul can offset the hatred of millions. ~ Gandhi
jennyrasico
New Friend

Post by jennyrasico »

Wow you guys!! I am ALWAYS on this page..... I often think of Van and his stay here. Over 100,000 years! With no visible admin! ( we can relate to that part!) he kept on keepin on and continued to do the work at hand, generation after generation. When I think of my own projects- starting a homestead from scratch (- not with $$ either ), raising 5 children, being a part of the developing school/ community garden, and now starting a rehab to help the most lost find a path..... Man! But he did. With much worse hardships. And even though he had lived before he came here, his counterpart ( sorry, his name escapes me) had not and was a mortal capable of absorbing the energies from the tree of life. Long story short, I would LOVE the shot at a thousand years to experience our garden world! ( my youngest son's middle name is Van btw :lol: )

I always say I'm gonna live to be 100, but recently decided to stop saying it...... Why limit myself?!? Lol
LurkerAbyss
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by LurkerAbyss »

That is a very interesting thought to bring up Robert! And in fact, I have actually wondered about such a thing many, many times.

I have never felt like I would be bored of life on Earth, but I guess when I imagine having so many years to live, I don't really think of how many things I can experience and enjoy as much as I think of how much I could create and contribute to this world with that much time. At the same time, when I imagine having that many years here on Earth, I also can't help but imagine the potential amount of pain, suffering, and heartbreak to either experience personally or witness in the world around me, and am leery that it would tire me far more than ever being "bored".

I would like to share my feelings about another thing you brought up, something I've thought a bit about lately, and that is the "fusion with the Mystery Monitor". Although I enjoy the idea of a simple life, the idea of spending so much time looking inward and building that sacred personal relationship with the Creator, and a quiet peaceful hermit-like life detached from the material ills, trials, and sufferings of the outer world... my restless mortal heart cannot come to accept this for me. I can't help but feel like if I was going to pursue a quiet, simple life of meditation and "seeking fusion" (which I do not feel now should be "sought" directly), deep down subconsciously I would be doing this more for the self-consumed purpose of building *my* relationship with God and relieving *myself* from having to endure the material mortal world, than I would be out of unconditional love for all.

I am not saying that my way of thinking is right or wrong, or meant for anyone else but me, it is simply for *me*. I don't know whether this is a brave, noble thought or a child-like, foolish one but.. I feel such a tender care for the hearts and souls of my human brothers and sisters, I feel such a genuine interest in their growth and progress individually and as a whole, and I feel such a deep ache and empathy for their troubles and suffering, that I would much rather take the "hard way" to Paradise even if it meant thousands of years on this Earth in the face of the worst diseases, disasters, and warfare if it meant fighting to "give self, illuminate truth, and relieve suffering" in the eternal hope that the species I love so much will not be damned and will grow and prevail..

I know this is a very bold thing to say.. but even as deep and powerful as my love is for the Creator and as much as I would desire to exist as one in Paradise, I would purposefully delay myself and continue participating at the front of the battlefield in the face of the greatest dangers, fears, sacrifices, and hardest decisions and efforts, because I can't help but feel that my love for the Creator is equalled by the endless and unconditional mercy I feel for Creation.. my human brothers and sisters.. I do not believe that strife and suffering automatically boost somebody spiritually, but I do believe in the philosophical question: "Do you love God so much that you would walk through Hell for that love?" And my answer is yes... if I had to go through hell and back, and if I must put my own spiritual destination light years farther than that of the monk in the mountains or all-peaceful all-loving mother feeding her family and the poor in order to fight my battle out of this love I feel for humanity... then I will.

I have been really thinking about this a lot lately, and "by chance" ( ;) ), I had a dream about Samuel recently, which prompted me to do a search for messages on the e-mail list including him, which in turn brought me to a message which seemed to call to these heavy thoughts of mine.. I would like to share it.

http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.p ... al#p161635
Previously posted.

Illawarra District, Australia, July 29, 2006.
Samuel of Panoptia.
Subject: “Stay On The Path.”

Received by George Barnard.

Samuel: “I thank you for noting my prompt. I am aware of the fact that recent worldly developments are constantly crossing your mind, that you are distracted and out of your regular doing. However, together we shall make the best of this short talk. This is your teacher Samuel.

“My lesson for this day deals with the complexities of life, and how best you can work your way through them, always bearing in mind that whatever move you make shall always be for the greater good, shall be with an ever-present awareness that God is Love, and that you, in whatever you do, emanate this wonderful Commodity to each and every one.

“There are those who choose to live a simple life, and they may well progress quite rapidly in their journey towards becoming a spiritual being. There are those who for themselves select difficult tasks in their terrestrial lives and beyond, and who may very well take a much longer time to bring themselves to a suitable position for fusion with their Thought Adjustor. I look back upon a life such as that. In my terrestrial life as well as in my Mansion World years and years, I elected to become involved in many of these instances of teaching and learning, wherever I needed to make decisions, many of them in doubtful, as you may call catch-twenty-two circumstances.

“Such is the way, too, in which I see your lives, for you have not chosen the easy way. Be aware that although you may be long delayed, your time to come will bring you the advantages of becoming a knowledgeable, and of becoming a most appreciated celestial being once fused. They are my recommendations that once set out on such a course, you continue on, always decisive in your ways, not choosing an ‘each-way bet’ in dealing with a complex involvements, but always with an eye on the path that you have taken. It is with self-direction in a convinced, certain, and loving way that you will achieve more for greater good.

“I recall in great detail my life as I led it. I am talking about the lives you now lead. Stay with the original plan, and make do with that very plan in the many circumstances that will endeavor to take you away from your path.

“This receiver is fatigued. I know I am getting through, yet his mind continues to dart. Do follow your stillness regimen more carefully whenever you can. I say goodbye for now. This is Samuel of Panoptia, saying Adieu until we have an opportunity to speak again. I thank you for your attention.”

George: “Thank you Samuel.”

© The 11:11 Progress Group.
Be open to rebuttal, and criticism,
and be accepting of praise and compliments,
Teacher Aaron.
Love
Lucky
:loves
"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." - Dalai Lama

Love is the Essence of the Universe