Finally Published

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Finally Published

Post by Sandy »

I have an idea for the fourth cover. I'm thinking of removing color from the map (possibly adding a filter to make it look sketched) and sticking it in a piece of paper or book that will be sitting on a table. The table will probably have a painted look. Since Part 4 is mostly notes written by one of the characters, it would be great to have a picture of the desk used to create them.
I think that is an excellent idea. :thumright:

XXSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
overmind

Post by overmind »

I finally have the sections on Hlendvlask and Aglondon complete. Now I just need to finish up the segment on the various animals and then Morthanis, which will involve the last of the military forays and then hints about the story's cosmology. If I don't get super stuck, I should have the thing published next month.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:sunflower: That is fabulous news Arthur! I look forward to downloading all the new stuff and the revisions.
XXSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Zachary
Old Friend

Post by Zachary »

I knew your Arthur but I didn't know you were also an author!

I just found this post and I wanted to read your publishing's... I don't own a kindle though, and I never read a book electronically so im not sure if I need a kindle to read or if I can just use my laptop, ill be happy to pay for it, especially if the $ reaches you! bro, please let me know how I can read it w/o a kindle or if it's possible
"Why try to use the wrong tool for the job when you have just the perfect tool. If only you would pick it up and learn to use it." -TA
overmind

Post by overmind »

I don't think so (well, not easily), but I can just send you the documents for free. However, it would be best to wait for book four to be completed. The appendices in book three are necessary to understand some of the details in the story, but parts of these are getting moved to part 4, so it would help if the books are read without much pause in between.

Well, I could probably send you the first two since the third installment goes back in time. I have had to edit them a little so that they fit the timeline I am developing, but I think I am done. Just give me your email.
overmind

Post by overmind »

I should just have a few more paragraphs now. I would have likely finished today, but I decided to work on a list of every place ever mentioned so that I can keep better track of them all.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

That's great news Arthur! :bana:
overmind

Post by overmind »

Editing process is mostly completed. The book cover is almost done and took quite longer than I thought it would. I will be going through the publishing process tomorrow as well as republishing the previous books. Here is a sneak peek:

overmind

Post by overmind »

Obviously that is the world map and not a group of coffee stains. :roll:
overmind

Post by overmind »

As far as I know, this is the completed product:

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh Arthur! It is better then anything I could have imagined! Very well done! I LOVE it!!!!
hugs,
Sandy
overmind

Post by overmind »

There have actually been slight changes again. I made the desk slightly redder to fit the lighting. I also moved the book on the left side so that it is easier to see. I also updated the cover of Part 2 so that the title has a reflection. I may do something for Part One, but I am going to finish getting these published before I worry about that.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I am trying to see in my mind's eye the changes you have made...sound good to me...even though I was enthralled with it the way it is. ;) It is you Arthur...I love it...picturing you at your desk busy creating worlds that spring to life at the touch of your pen to paper...well, in this day and age I guess it would be fingers to the keyboard, eh? Anyway it stirs my imagination and creates in me a desire to see and read more... I think it is very effective! :sunflower:
Love,
Sandy
overmind

Post by overmind »

Well, it is actually supposed to be Nezbaerth, the author of the Dream Dweller Archive, but that isn't too important.
overmind

Post by overmind »

Oh, also, Aglondon is being renamed to Aglodon. It is a little late since it was first mentioned in book 3, but I don't care. It is so much easier to say.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh, also, Aglondon is being renamed to Aglodon. It is a little late since it was first mentioned in book 3, but I don't care. It is so much easier to say.
Yep, Much easier... ;) :mrgreen: ;)
xx Sandy
overmind

Post by overmind »

The new book is now live:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVXTRPA (US)
https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00KVXTRPA (Australia)

The previous books have also been updated. Reviewing the last appendix item for part 3 is necessary for reading part 4 as this goes into detail about the calendar being used.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

It looks wonderful, Arthur. I will take a long look at it in a bit as I have to figure out the troubles that are occurring with downloads for my kindle . (They aren't reaching me even though they should be. ) I have been meaning to do this but have had other projects on the fire which have driven the need out of my mind.)

I must say it looks wonderful!!!!
I can't wait to have my own copy. :D
love,
Sandy
overmind

Post by overmind »

I can send you a copy, though I don't have the time right now. Can you remind me what your email is?
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Arthur,that would be great. :sunflower:
XXSandy
overmind

Post by overmind »

I finished reorganizing the notes for the next book. As mentioned, originally this content would be combined with what is now Part Four, so some of it is completed already. I have about 14 pages of the book complete, though I am sure there are another 50 to be done. It is titled "Plight of the Gods". So far, I am dividing the content into the following chapters:

Prologue
Chapter One: Tales of the Mountain King
Chapter Two: The Road to Exile
Chapter Three: Amid the Sundry Seafarers
Chapter Four: Uncovering the Lost
Chapter Five: Dynasty Taken
Chapter Six: The Rejection of Kingdoms

This will likely be the most action-packed story to date. It will contain the first instances of Helskor and Rhinesvelt fighting one another, and this will happen both in the Prologue and in "The Rejection of Kingdoms", which will be the occurrence of the first Day of Whispers. There are many more things planned which I wish I could include, but I will need to avoid spoilers for now.
overmind

Post by overmind »

For some odd reason, my old blog became popular. One of my random posts has over 11,300 hits, and I have no idea why. I decided to add more content to the blog, and snuck in the book links in that one post hoping to get some more readers. Oddest darn thing I have ever seen, but it hasn't given me any kind of monetary benefit. It almost seems like people are ending up there accidentally.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Well, I hope this "happy accident" generates more interest in your work. :finger:
:loves
Sandy
overmind

Post by overmind »

Feel free to give it a quick look. http://thecerebrate.blogspot.com/

The look is a bit simpler and easier for the eyes. There is nothing you need to read since the only new post has info that has already been mentioned. It is a little complicated working with two blogs because they both use different gmail accounts. Luckily I can keep both accounts active by signing in with two different browsers.
overmind

Post by overmind »

Writing has been pretty fluid. Writing dialog and describing events you have imagined beforehand is soooo much easier than what I was writing before this. I'm writing almost daily. Chapter One is mostly written already, so I may get that done tomorrow. :bana: