Intelligence behind the universe

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
RunningScroll
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Intelligence behind the universe

Post by RunningScroll » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:38 am

Been in a discussion with an atheist, and thought that this response to her was strong, Kind regards, Dylan:

One needs to debate whether incremental random chance is enough to explain the myriad of rich phenomena observed. Are long periods of time sufficient to produce what is observed? (I am not one who believes the universe has been around for a few thousand years) Or is it possible that long periods of time + intelligence is required?, that's where I lean. You are here applying your own atheism of the gaps argument of randomness + sufficient time, reflecting your own bias. I would also ask you to unpack your own phrase "a universe figuring itself out". You need a WHO or at minimum a mind to do any figuring, otherwise it needs to be described as a universe "building itself", and has nothing to do with intelligence. A purely physical universe, could have no awareness of itself, and any apparent awareness would have to be described as a "pure illusion", there is no room for WHOs in this universe, and yet humans exist as exquisite WHOs. Therefore WHOs i.e. intelligence is a universe prerequisite.

happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Intelligence behind the universe

Post by happyrain » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:35 pm

Hey Dylan!

I saw your name appear in another post the other day and meant to comment. Just want to say it's nice to see you on the forums again!

I hope all is well. I hope the relationship between you and your friend is a harmonious one. :alien:

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:17 am

Hi Dylan,

It's great to see you! Your words sounds strong to me...I'm convinced... ;) :) .

xxSandy
“And at the end of the day, my friends, even if it is a long day, and this is a long day, love wins. Always.”
~Governor Andrew Cuomo~

RunningScroll
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by RunningScroll » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:05 am

Nice to hear from you both!