The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Secret

Post by Sandy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:16 pm

Hi Kim,
It has been a crazy time here. So I am just getting to you post here.

Thank you for the prayers and the time in the River of Love.. I read something earlier, a poem from Daddy-O and in it Love was a swimming teacher...well not really but it was beautifully touching and clever...but it reminded me of the River of love flowing from the divine where we can bask at will. It was you and Aleah who created or revealed perhaps, this place between worlds that can so heal what sometimes seems inconsolable.

We got to visit with Geoff and some friends from US and Canada yesterday. What a joy that was. I hadn't really noticed before how quiet our life is here. It is just George and I for the most part, so it was wonderful to share a meal and some time with some spirit led people.

Our power is soon going to be cut off for a scheduled outage so I can't catch up much right now. but I hope you are feeling better now, Kim. We saw on the news it is already getting very cold up your way. Hard to imagine just a couple weeks ago Tiny and Dave were jumping in the waves of your great lake. :shock:
I used to think I was the ultimate scaredy cat, no let me rephrase that, I was the ultimate scaredy cat. Then I started thinking, "If I can converse with ghosts and not be the least bit afraid,... then I must be getting braver right? Within reason that is, still not going to find me doing that on the glass walkway over looking the Grand Canyon. :shock: Nope, no way man!
:shock:
No way, sounds like a good theme for the next action movie...What kind of crazy person thought that would be a good idea? LOL Okay...I guess there are plenty of people that have no fear of heights or for their life and I suppose they would enjoy it...But it's good solid granite for my feet and that's well away from the Canyon"s rim.

I hope PP is okay and settled now. The Canadian friends we just met with are in her summer "neck of the woods". Vancouver. I believe PP is still on V Island whereas they are outside of Vancouver in Gibson.
Your on-going experiences with your birds sounds...magical. :loves That's the way it feels for me with kids. Stepping into their space for a little while is spiritual sustenance for me, the same for flowers. :sunflower: You can talk about birds anytime. We can pull out all the books we for identifying, and learning everything about them. Our family loves birds, always seizing the opportunity to stop what were doing to appreciate their wonderment. Dave is great at identifying the songs of the ones around here. My sister and I send pictures back and forth all the time of birds and flowers.
I think I am learning to know my bird friends on their terms and not mine. Not sure what I am trying to say here. They do understand language but more so where it springs from, images, feelings..mindal heart.... and they respond in kind with patience and practice. I've only had a few successes so far but then I don't practice nearly enough. Love is the basis of just about everything if not everything...all beings on this planet are capable of responding to love in kind.... universal language you know...

Okay the power line workers are chattering away outside so I had better sign off.

Love you guys,
Sandy
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.

~ Chief Seattle ~

Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:30 am

Sandy,
I've been hoping the same for Lynn, that she safe and sound and settled.
Sandy wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:16 pm
Thank you for the prayers and the time in the River of Love.. I read something earlier, a poem from Daddy-O and in it Love was a swimming teacher...well not really but it was beautifully touching and clever...but it reminded me of the River of love flowing from the divine where we can bask at will. It was you and Aleah who created or revealed perhaps, this place between worlds that can so heal what sometimes seems inconsolable.
Just read Daddy-0's poem, so nice to see his avvie on the boards. I'm grateful The River revealed itself too, can't tell you how many times I've walked down to the river's edge, allowing myself to tumble into the water. It's hard knowing, and how frequently, so many of us have had those almost inconsolable moments, but we are not alone in our struggles. Comfort is only a thought and a prayer away.

The visit sounds lovely! An international get together! Would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that gathering. So nice to have a little change of pace now and then. Bet it brought some color back to George's cheeks. Our life is not quiet, but it's still nice to share with like minded individuals. I'm toying with the idea this winter of hosting a group of people around here who wish to do some spiritual exploration. My biggest obstacle I guess is asking my son if we can use the rental house by the motel. My house is way out in the sticks. So basically I need to put on my big girl pants and ask.

Why was your power cut, putting in new lines? Even though Dave did early maintenance on our pellet stove and furnace, they both decided to break down at the same time a few days ago. I really wish he'd let us get rid of the pellets and put in a wood stove. We loose power so often it would be nice to not have to scramble around for heat when the lights go out, especially if it's going to be a rough winter. We have access to a generator, but wood heat is so reassuringly warm. Listen to me, I'm starting to sound like oneof those old ladies!

I'm finally back among the living! A little residual coughing and laryngitis, but in good spirits. My poor husband, who is not used to being sick more than a few hours, has The Cough now. He's going on day five. Of course he's not taken any time off, or slowed down. It's a pretty aggressive bugger, and so early in the season, unusual. What is also unusual is the weather! You would love it! Near blizzard conditions on the drive home tonight, crazy! I don't mind it though, snow will freeze out the molds, so I can get back outside! Took Nova on a stroller ride snow falling on our faces. Snow caked around the wheels, but had so much fun! Tiny had big plans for sledding when she got home from school. That girl LOVES winter! This weather always makes me feel cozy, wanting to make family dinners and play winter games. Having chili dinner tomorrow actually! Aleah took down the Halloween lights last night, immediately switching them out with Christmas lights already. She is a little holiday decorating crazy... don't know where she gets it from!

Guess I'd better get dinner on, oh wait! Aleah brought up some hearty vegetable soup, that should get her dad back on the mend.

Love you!

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:36 am

Hey Kim,
Been a coolish day here too. Won't be many more of those I think as summer is just a few weeks away now. I was thinking those temps I was reading on the weather for North America seemed a little cold for November. Of course for me, when I lived there, it was always a nice and welcomed change. I am so crazy about winter I didn't even mind driving in the snow. I was fortunate though that my natural panic reactions when slipping on icy roads were actually spot on in how to handle the car. So after a few years I quit worrying when I had to get out on snow covered roads. Of course there are always those other drivers who get out on bald tires and wonder why they are in a ditch, sometimes taking other cars with them. :roll:

It was good to see Geoff again and his two friends from a visit last year as well too a couple new friends. Unfortunately, we didn't have nearly as much time together as I would have liked but there will hopefully be more visits to come. :finger: So it is back to entertaining the bird life of Australia. Speaking of which a group of cockatoos just arrived. The cheeky ones...sigh I love them but they can be so destructive.

Because it was nice and cool today I decided very early to get some split pea soup going in a crock pot. We haven't had it for awhile and with summer on its'way there may not be too many more days where soup will taste good in the heat. It is smelling lovely and making my stomach growl.

Your home in the sticks sounds like heaven to me, although I am not sure what a pellet stove is...??? It sounds all wonderfully rustic, though. You are probably right with winter coming it may not be a good idea to have everyone driving to your home out in the wilds. It would be fun in good weather though and I suspect the energy in and around your home is conducive to pleasant meditations.

I still have my Halloween decorations up. I'm thinking about turning the jack-o-lantern faces to the back and call them pumpkins for Thanksgiving. :mrgreen: You realise George and I have only two seasons. We have Christmas in Northern Hemisphere in December and then actual fall in Australia and then Christmas in July during the Australian winter and then Fall again along with the Northern Hemisphere. We (actually it is just me) skip Spring and summer completely...at least in celebration/decoration.

You asked about the power cut. It was a scheduled outage to replace the pole in our yard. It held a transformer so there was a fair bit to do. The replaced the transformer and lines were on the ground for much of the day. Man that looks to be a dangerous job! :shock: We needed to get out so before they began and parked the huge lift truck in front of the drive I moved the car down the street. We wound up picking up a few items we forgot at the grocery store and running a few errands to help pass the time. I think George was going through withdrawal from his computer. He was back on it in a flash when the power was restored.

Well you lovely "old lady" ;) :love I'd better get a move on...I'm behind on every front.

Enjoy your week end :sunny:
I'm off to check the soup which is sputtering over there.
love,
Sandy
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.

~ Chief Seattle ~

Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:08 pm

Sandy,
"Mmmmmm... pea soup!" That sounds delicious! If imagined hard enough, I can smell it! I would so love to see your destructive cockatoos, which reminds me, we have to get my feeder up, especially now with it being so cold. Aleah already has her Christmas Village up, she's beating me out at every turn.

Dave had to make a quick trip across the state to pick up the sander that had been in for repairs. This snow is apparently not melting any time soon, supposed to be in the low twenties this weekend... Guess the tulip bulbs will have to wait until early spring, unless of course we have some weird thaw in December. Half the leaves are still on the trees! Maybe your two season theme is catching on? Think we're in Fall/Winter?! Although if we followed your celebration pattern... I don't know if I could ever remember which one is which! And would dearly miss spring and summer, although they both just mean 'work ' for our family... maybe you have something there?

A pellet stove burns little pellets instead of wood logs. It means hauling 40 lb. bags down the stairs instead of an armload of wood, not romantically rustic, although we don't have to buy garbage bags all winter(recycle the pellet bags instead). We've had one for some time now, but quite the pain, needs electricity to run, a lot of maintenance, always breaking down. :roll:

Makes me smile thinking of your visit with Geoff and friends. It's never enough time when fun friends are visiting. Gives you something to look forward to for next visit. Dave mentioned that he'd just had facetime with a coworker of his that moved away a few years ago. I told him you did that with your family in the States. He said, "You and Sandy should facetime!" I laughed telling him, "We'd never get anything done!

Had our chili bar last night for Aleah's very, very late birthday(October 28) celebration at Dan and Rachel's. Can you believe it she's 26! :shock: I wasn't going to take the decorations because she loves Halloween, everything was white, purple, and black, witches and sculls. So glad I changed my mind and took them anyway. Tiny and Nova were ecstatic, helping to put everything up. It was a party getting ready for the party! Everyone helped, dancing and laughing. I also received an education. A Chili bar, different from plain 'chili', is when you have assorted toppings for people to put on their chili, like sour cream, shredded cheese, tobasco sauce, oyster crackers, jalapenos, onions, chopped tomatoes, Frito chips(apparently that's a thing). Instead of cake she wanted pumpkin donuts and cider. Stacked the donuts in a pyramid shape and stuck candles in them. We also had corn bread, homemade wheat bread, fresh veggies and dip, grapes, and of course Jello. Found out at the last family dinner there must be Jello!!! Ruined the rest of Tiny's evening... Can't ever let that happen again!!! Really redeemed myself last night though, the cherry Jello was topped with Lite whipped cream. She helped decorate and set the table, not surprising, the Jello was right in front of her plate, almost touching it actually. Did you know? Whipped cream is not only for Jello? It tastes good on cornbread and pumpkin donuts! And it must be magic! 'Cause by the end of dinner almost all the whipped cream had disappeared! Generous finger portions were of course loving placed in Nova's open mouth, … reminded me of a little bird. Out family dinners are NEVER boring.

All right, better get busy on that Christmas village. Hope you're enjoying the coolness before the summer heat set in... gonna put on another sweatshirt. :D :bana: :bana: :bana: (the dancing is to warm me up)
:kiss:
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.