The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: The Secret

Post by Seeker13 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:38 am

Hey Sandy,
The ginormous lavender sounds lovely. Hope your toes got nice and dirty!
Sandy wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:13 am
Bare feet on the earth...truly very calming and invigorating as Urantia soothes and softens the worst that comes at us.
I have so missed commiserating with her in all her glory!

I'm not one for cutting flowers until well beyond their prime, would rather see them growing, than in a vase somewhere. Except my herbs of course! I'm most eager to harvest them for winter usage. Mmm, rosemary, oregano and lime basil! I started several currant bushes last year and most of them made it through the winter! Don't really need seven of them though, going to have to see if someone else wants a few. Took clippings from bushes at The Center, Tiny LOOOOVES currants! Strawberry bushes are already filling with blossoms. Can't wait to plant the three sisters- corn, beans and squash, I read about in Braiding Sweetgrass. Forsythia, Daffodils, primrose and hyacinths all in bloom and there's been a fairy flower explosion in the back yard. Tiny and were thinking of materials we'd need to make a new fairy house.

I believe warm weather is finally here to stay! Still haven't brought my mittens and boots home from work... didn't want to jinx it! When arriving home today, was surprised by a beautiful blue gazing ball on it's stand in the flower garden. A mother's day gift from my kids. Aleah also gave me a glass blue and clear bird sitting on top of soulful sounding chimes. It's twice lovely because the gazing ball is the same color as one my Mom had, and when she was sick we'd take her little glass bluebirds of happiness in the hospital. She treasured those little birds.

The day here was also made in heaven! We had the kids outside most of the day, a balmy, sunny, 59 degrees, with a slight breeze. Seems their favorite game this week is when I'm a monster chasing them around trying to eat their brains. Can't remember if it was my idea or Tiny's. Some would say, "Yuck!" But when you put ice cream and caramel on them, it's a tasty snack! The kids definitely did not believe moral mushrooms on top would be good.

Hope your fall days continue to be heavenly as we burst into spring. Supposed to get showers tomorrow, guess I'll have to eat my brains in the rain!

:kiss:
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Secret

Post by Sandy » Mon May 20, 2019 1:44 pm

Hey Kim,

The week end has come and gone and here I sit with even Monday nearly behind me. I've been in a rearranging kind o mood. Well, actually more like reorganising. Right now, G's office is in chaos. But hopefully it will be more comfortable when I am finished. Our flat is very small so it pays to think things through and to have a place and everything in its place. But that hasn't happened the past few weeks as I have been less then at peace. But today I'm taking on the clutter and tomorrow reorganising in the living room/kitchen.

I had to make room for Teddy's big ferret cage in our kitchen dining living room. He is living inside with us now, safe and sound hopefully. Teddy is a small Siamese coloured Netherlands dwarf rabbit.) He was my Stuart's little brother (Stewie was my large English lop who passed away three weeks ago) Teddy has been despondent after Stuart's passing so we relented last Wednesday and brought him home a little sister. We now have little Dory, another Netherlands dwarf.(We thought Teddy might enjoy having a buddy his own size this time) She is an adorable albino with red eyes and teeny tiny ears. Her siblings all died at birth and she the lone survivor but was babied and loved by the little girl whose family brought her in. She is so courageous and fast but just s happy having a cuddle and a scratch. I'm hoping she will be a good friend and companion for Teddy. So far so good. We are introducing them too each other slowly. So we now have Dory's hutch next to Teddy's . ai yi yi... Rabbits are taking over. Thankfully, George is a rabbit person and is very supportive of "rabbit central."
I'm not one for cutting flowers until well beyond their prime, would rather see them growing, than in a vase somewhere.
I have hard time cutting flowers, myself. I almost always ask the plant or tree now before taking a cutting and then give them a chance to withdraw energy from the part I wish to take. I then give them a little something in return...some water, compost... something like that.

LOL It sounds like you hav a grande time with the kids. I can just hear all the squeals and laughter with the "Monster eating your brain game." Kids love stuff like that. the sillier the better.

I'm glad you brought up herbs. I must get out there and cut and dry some. I have lots of parsley this year and marjoram and rosemary with Sage out the kazoo. I have experimented making smudge sticks but so far my attempts haven't been very successful. First time around they were definitely too tight but those I thought would burn easily fizzle out. Well not giving up and would appreciate anyone out there with smudge making skills or tips to please share what they know.

Better get a move on. Have a good week Kim and everyone who reads. :sunny:
Love,
Sandy
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.

~ Chief Seattle ~