Addiction

You can receive these messages directly into your mail-box. See the sticky inside this forum for details. Don't try to post here, because its deliberately limited to Admins.
Helen W
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Addiction

Post by Helen W »

In response to post elsewhere on the forum

21/06/04 Guernsey. Addiction

Write and I will greet you for a short while.I am Armesh and you have asked me here to share with you today on that subject of addictions.

How would you like to feel? Free or held? The aspects that hold you to cigarettes are those that hold any addict. They centre around personal feelings of inadequacy and a need to fill your body with substance that is ‘other’, for you are not full by yourself nor do you feel you can be. It is guarding you against yourself, a fear to move on and be dependent on no-thing.

Be in forgiveness. See every day as a new day, do not feel a need because there was need yesterday. Now is now. By releasing limitations of time and expectations of patterning you can release those patterns.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Hi helen,

Rayson has made it plain that although some folks think they have spiritual experiences when using illicit drugs, these would be in spite of, not because of. And, he also suggests, any time you really get stoned, your TA talks a walk. There is no point in his hanging around when you have chosen to lose your marbles, as it were.

Much love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Helen
New Friend

Post by Helen »

Makes a lot of sense.

I used to smoke weed years ago but had horrible horrible experiences on it and am glad to have stopped.
I have had many discussions with friends who do use drugs to assist spiritual experience and even considered it for a while myself.. the overriding advice for them was that if I'm getting there anyway, why on earth would I want to do something like that? Fair point! Some of them have had wonderful experiences but they're uncontrolled.

I do occasionally drink and I know completely that when I have 'too much' that there's going to be no spirit left in this one til I'm back round again...which is why I've gone down from drinking regularly to occasionally... I'm happy to sometimes not take care of my physical life.. but my spiritual life??? No way.
For the record I am also trying to give up tobacco, and get told off about it regularly, because yes, it does affect clarity.

Apologies if this post was taken to be a condoning of drug taking. It wasnt at all.
The transmission was meant to assist people to think about how they can break ANY addiction, drugs or otherwise, though it was specifically about tobacco....by living in the moment and fully experiencing ourselves at that point, it makes it easier to break habits... the previous moment we were without cigarette.. why not now?

Apologies again if this has caused any confusion.
shyloh
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

I really

Post by shyloh »

I really enjoyed this post.. I do not however say anyone should for shouldn't do drugs of any choice.. But the NOW is a way to overcome.

I don't believe I ever experienced GOD or anything being high or drunk haha.

Maybe I did, but I do not remember..

13 years ago I was an alcoholic, I no longer consider my self that.. WHY, I don't claim that addiction..

This does not work for everyone but it works for me.. I can drink now and not get drunk.. And I do drink on occasion or out for dinner.

I was in and out of detox for many years..
I have had a change of "MIND"

I also had almose a $2,000.00 a week habit of shooting cocaine..

NOW THAT I will not even try.. I am not above that one.. I have no interest either..

Addictions are very hurtful.. To everyone..

Love you all ..
One tiny flower blooms in a dry desert without water, It reaches upward to touch the sun.
That is a miracle; the flower (me) and the sun (you) become one!

~By shyloh~
Patto
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Patto »

bleh, this is kind of scary.

So a lot of us here have had varying degrees of drug addiction. :O
I won't bore you with the explicit details, just the drug names. MDMA, Weed, Speed, DXM. Well that little concuction knocked me over. Before that I was a shy computer nerd, who wouldn't get himself into a social situation unless it was absolutely nessicary. After about 2 years of self destructions at about $300 a week, this is from 16-18 years old :(.

Those midwayers made sure I was straight for exams in collage, and I came through with enough marks to get into a course, I SWEAR i didn't even choose. But it was a great course, they even let me stay in uni after I failed every single subject first year. So after a few years of being straight, im a bit more cynical and very tough. I don't regret what I did, and my body remembers what it was like, so I can't even stomach doing any kinds of drugs like that anymore.

What made me a bit suprised also was how i've seen people get into the stuff at uni. I'm desperatly giving advice and teling them not to do it. But some people are just using the drugs as a vice for parental rebellion. Like you budgie I was kept drug free for so long, in a beautiful and loving household. I made the same mistake as my friends are now. I see it as a sign of strength, it is out of my system, and I will never be tempted again. But these poor guys are gonna have to hit rock bottom like I did before they will be the wiser.

Drugs are bad mmkay, but they are also a positive. I would never have a firm resolve on life like I do now. I would have been playing games, and just wishing that someone would live my life for me like i used too.

I'm a loudmouth in real life. I smoke and drink too much. But then again I can run about 4K(2.6mi) without being out of breath. I will never let something of addiction rule my life, however I wont give up smoking until I get out of my parents house (5 people here with enough comfortable space for 3 [maybe 4]), its just too much for me. It's the best excuse I have to constantly dissapear from inside, and be questioned.

By the way girls, I was raised with 4 older sisters. I made it pretty much through unscaved besides a weird love of shopping and always carring a bag with me :oops:

It's not so bad now with two, but not having any space is giving me the shits now. How would you girls like it walking inside and being in a congested room with 3 pairs of suspicious female eyes glaring at you? :roll: not very well. (From the perspective of being female friend/companion)

Dammet, gotta get a job

-Pat

Hows that for rambling?

-Pat