World Views and moving forward

Please try to avoid religious or political subjects in this forum.
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: World Views and moving forward

Post by Amigoo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:00 am

Viv,

:idea: Common advice about gold & silver seems to be ...

- have physical possession of it (and store securely).
- 1/3 to 1/2 should be tradable for goods & services.
- comprise about 15-20% of one's assets.
- silver coins may be more tradable than gold.
- you can't eat silver and gold (for nourishment).

:!: And most importantly ...

With so many people now owning gold and silver, their value
may be reduced when everyone is competing to convert
this to food and other necessary items. Who knows?!
A can of beans might be worth its weight in silver.

Rod

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 am

Hi Viv,
I know what you mean about this election and the more I learn about what is happening in legislature reflecting the legacy of the "Dark Act"...well.. it is all so depressing. But out of darkness sometimes comes light and we have a ray of hope... each other and many of like mind who try their "darndest" to share light and love in these dark times. You are a healer in a multiple of ways and worth your own weight in gold. ;) :) When I am fearful I think of you and your own mark and I am encouraged. We are not alone.

I'll get George to comment as he knows a fair bit about buying gold and silver, having researched it and followed its market performances over the past few years after the initial warnings.

The important thing for all of us is to not allow despair, worry fear etc... to guide us or rob us of our peace. Peace comes from holding the hand of the Divine in what ever way is effective for you... whatever opens you heart, quietens your mind and allows the divine energy and guidance to work through you. My sister finds this as she walk in nature, some find this as they write or create in Mosaics. ;) :mrgreen: other... well you get my drift. :) Yep, I'll ask G to say hello.
Love you Viv.
:love
xxSandy
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:33 am

:idea: Today's post-nap wisdom: How to value source of information:
(and regarding "wars and rumors of war" as well as "official reports")

If source alone determines the value of information then a child, reporting plane wreckage
falling from the sky as "The sky is falling!", will only elicit humor from adults who hear
this child's loud protest. :shock: :o :?

Lesson: Due diligence of information requires more than knowledge of source :!:

Rod

George
Staff

Post by George » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:52 am

Dear Viv,

Kitco is a great supplier in North America, I hear.

Good luck, much love and cheers . . .
:bigsmurf:

Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Geoff » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:13 am

vivrider wrote: Any good websites that explain buying gold and silver?

Love,

Viv
Dear Viv,

Not only are gold and silver a good idea, so too is real hard cash. Problem is you have to keep this stuff secure. I like fire-proof safes with the keys not kept in the same building, so no one can force you to hand over a key you don't have. The thing that very few people know, is that banks have almost no cash. Generally, in Australia, they wont give you more than $5000 cash on a single occasion, and on days where a few people already drew cash, they may refuse even that. My local banks carry less than $20,000 cash on any one day. So, if a bunch of people decide they want their money (its called a bank run) they wont get any. Thats what happened in Greece recently, and you get the situation where the bank says, well you can only have $100 a day each.

As for the issue with tradability, you have good answers there already. Silver is very bulky (cheap) but convertible. 1 kilo of gold takes up no room, (about the size of a chocolate slab) but is worth $50k. Not easy to trade, unless you want to buy a new house. There is actually a story I read after the second World war, in Germany where a hotel employee with one gold coin bought the hotel he worked in.

hugs
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.
~ said Jesus through Glenda Green in "Love without End" ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:57 am

Speaking of tradability ...

When times require use of gold and silver, trading personal stuff may be possible. :finger:
Local trade "meetups" would also be facilitated by phone/email/internet. In fact,
it's time to develop a "Trade, My App!" for such coordination. :roll:

Rod

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:17 am

:study: Re: https://immunocentre.eu/what-is-gcmaf/

"All 5 billion healthy humans make their own GcMAF. If healthy we make around 10,000 cancer cells* a day, but your GcMAF, which has six attacks on cancer, destroys them every day."

* insignificant relative to the total number of cells (372 trillion) ... until the cancer cells start replicating.
(re: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-new ... y-4941473/ )

:study: Re: http://www.saisei-mirai.or.jp/gan/macro ... q_eng.html

"GcMAF is a glycoprotein that activates macrophages which in turn increases macrophage activity and transforms them into Natural Killer (NK) cells."

:scratch: Who knew?! ... and explains why cancer sometimes recurs after treatment (or resumes to detectable levels).

Bottom line: Whatever diet/lifestyle promotes a strong immune system and natural GcMAF is "good stuff"
... but administered GcMAF is still controversial. :roll:

Rod

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:47 am

Thanks for all that great information, Rod. A couple months ago I watched a series called "The truth About Cancer" which was a big eye opener for me in more ways then one.
Still processing the information as my brain some days is slower than my computer...Which moves along at a snail's pace.

Have a wonderfully fabulous week!
xxSandy
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: https://www.amazon.com/Daffodil-ULT05-U ... B00BWTYMPM

Excellent value and just the right amount of light for a computer desk at night or book reading
... and another use for USB power banks, like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R5 ... ailpages00

Note: Posted because planning for emergency lighting is so important
... and a hearty power bank can charge cell phones, etc. ;)
(at these prices, get several of each :!: )

Rod

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:37 pm

I hear you Rod! :D
I am reminded of those times the power has been off in the evening when it is dark and the meager candle light is not enough to do anything constructive. So facing night after night in such a situation should it arise is not what any of us would want ...Although I must saying going to bed and arising with the sun would make for a well rested civilization, eh?
Thank you for this!
xxSandy

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:53 am

Sandy,

I had opportunity to test this ( https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Camping ... ef=sr_1_29 )
when my power was off for 6 hours earlier this year, near the final days of winter.
I have two in the kitchen, already hanging where I use them when needed.

:oops: But I didn't plan on having enough light to find them in the dark. :roll:
I'll test this next on an object that is near a lantern and a kitchen light:
https://www.amazon.com/Paint-Aurora-Bri ... ref=sr_1_4
"Glows ALL NIGHT after a 10 second light charge"

:roll And you can create your own glow-in-the-dark designs! ...
or paint a favorite object! A green frog comes to mind (62:3.9) ;)
http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P062_3_9

Or make a refrigerator magnet (or wall hanging):
https://www.amazon.com/Wooden-Cutouts-C ... ref=sr_1_7

Rod :D

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:10 am

Hi Rod,
:lol: I am chuckling as I too would have completely overlooked making sure I would be able to find the emergency light source in the dark. I am book marking these urls. One never knows when such knowledge will come in handy and so serious thought should be leveled now and preparations made.
In other words...I'd better not procrastinate... just in case. ;) :D
xxSandy

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:54 pm

Since cell phones, et al., are everywhere (and need recharging often), power banks are marketed for away-from-home recharging. Interestingly, the functional mAh capacity of the banks can be tested. Long story short: Drain the power bank, then measure the power consumption as the bank is being recharged; a USB lamp* is ideal for draining the bank:

* I used this: https://www.amazon.com/Daffodil-ULT05-U ... B00BWTYMPM

:geek: Test results ...

The USB lamp did indeed drain the power bank (just leave the lamp on for hours & hours). Then recharge the power bank with this meter* inline (between USB power source and power bank). The meter accumulates mAh as the power bank is charging and stops recording when the power bank is fully charged.

* https://www.amazon.com/Luxebell-Voltage ... ref=sr_1_1

The power bank tested is rated at 20,000 mAh, but charged only to 13,192 mAh ... which seems common to these banks (functional mAh is less than marketed mAh, but this is the battery capacity - not the battery capacity as integrated with other components in the bank).

:idea: Analysis: Marketed mAh is a starting point, but assume functional mAh is about 10-20% less ...
so get a power bank large enough for your needs, assuming less capacity than marketed. :roll:

Rod

vivrider
Family

Post by vivrider » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:56 pm

Thanks everyone for the information! I will check out all the recommendations. And Sandy, I'll try not to worry too much and get back to making mosaics :P But this election is certainly making me think that things could change drastically any time.

Love,
Viv

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:44 pm

:sunflower: Free file sharing: http://www.jumpshare.com

Sample: http://jmp.sh/Rz0uHnC (picture of Finland in winter)

After your file is uploaded, copy link (right mouse click on file name).

Upgrade to Jumpshare Plus for more features. 8)

:scratch: What's the advantage?
Email links to your files instead of the files
(since email has attachment size limit). ;)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:19 pm

:shock: We should be concerned whenever there's fake balance ...
when "Fake News" (alternative media) is complemented with "Fake Counterpoint".

FNFC - (pronounced "effin FC") :roll:

Rod :rambo:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: http://investmentwatchblog.com/a-major- ... ing-weeks/

"You don’t own the money in your bank account. Once you deposit money at the bank, it’s no longer your property. It’s the bank’s. What you own is a promise from the bank to repay you. It’s an unsecured liability. Technically, you’re a creditor of the bank." :shock:

:scratch: Hmmm ... what about safe deposit boxes? (contents are probably still yours, but will you have access?)

Bottom line: In a banking collapse, get in line (behind other creditors)
... and maintain a fatter piggy bank somewhere safe
... until you can collect on the IOUs. :finger:

Plan B: Know how/where to divert automated deposits. ;)

Rod

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Re: https://www.yahoo.com/news/under-pollut ... nance.html

Entrepreneur Alert!

Self-cleaning air purifiers might be installed on the corners of buildings to improve air quality.
Perhaps, filters inside partially open housing that are flushed with water from the top,
with the filters being proportional to size of the building (to complement architecture)
and capitalizing on strong air currents that flow past the building's corners. ;)

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:31 am

Amigoo wrote:
:scratch: Hmmm ... what about safe deposit boxes? (contents are probably still yours, but will you have access?)
Hi Rod,

There is a US precedent for this stuff. They outlawed the ownership of gold for a while, and I suppose they could do it again. Would not find me being compliant in that one.

From Wikipedia:
Executive Order 6102 is a United States presidential executive order signed on April 5, 1933, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt "forbidding the Hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States". The effect of the order, in conjunction with the statute under which it was issued, was to criminalize the possession of monetary gold by any individual, partnership, association or corporation.
And in Australia
In Australia, part IV of the Banking Act 1959 allows the Commonwealth government to seize private citizens' gold in return for paper money where the Governor-General "is satisfied that it is expedient so to do, for the protection of the currency or of the public credit of the Commonwealth." On January 30, 1976, this part's operation was "suspended".
hugs
Geoff

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:31 pm

Geoff,

Another concern about gold (and silver) should be the massive quantities now held by so many people (and governments) ... worldwide. With demand-sensitive value, a massive rush to unload this gold (exchange for goods & services, etc.) may leave those at the end of the lines with less investment value. ;)

Speaking of questionable value ...

Here's my reflection on the trend of world leaders to "communicate" with Twitter, et al.

Brilliant strategy if "sound bites", often impromptu and emotional, can reflect on stability, totality, and vision of governance ... otherwise more cacophany for the windy plains and chattering forests of the internet. What's next? more condensed communication using only emojis? On the other hand, "windy plains and chattering forests" may now describe the lands to be governed ... such is our preoccupation with texting and other shortened forms of communication.

Of what value are the still-evolving billions of neurons in a human brain if we need only communicate with a two-thumb device, creating a few sentence fragments at a time (if that complex)?

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:45 pm

Amigoo wrote:Geoff,

Another concern about gold (and silver) should be the massive quantities now held by so many people (and governments) ... worldwide. With demand-sensitive value, a massive rush to unload this gold (exchange for goods & services, etc.) may leave those at the end of the lines with less investment value. ;)
I don't think thats remotely likely. The vast majority of Australians do not hold any gold or silver, so much so that the government does not track sales here. They do know that about half the gold purchased from the Perth mint is by Americans. The country that has a lot of privately held gold is India, and their purchases accelerated last year. They will never sell. I gather they bought 600 tonnes last year and in total hold 20,000 tonnes. The biggest worry for the US is that Germany may repatriate its gold stash, which is the largest portion supposedly held in Fort Knox, but since no one knows if the gold really exists.......
The Bundesbank has announced plans to repatriate some of Germany’s gold reserves from abroad. At least half of the country’s gold would be transferred to Frankfurt by 2020, according to Bundesbank President Jens Weidmann.
Weidmann says 366 tons of gold worth €11.5 billion have been delivered to Frankfurt so far. "There are now about 1,400 tons or 41.5 percent of our gold reserves here," the banker said.

Germany's failed attempts to get its gold back from the US 'opens question of its sovereignty'
In October last year Germany’s gold reserves stood to around 3,384 tonnes, worth about €120 billion, which is the second largest in the world after the US.

Weidmann added the rest of the gold will remain in New York and London, which he says are as safe as Germany. In case of emergency, these reserves would quickly be converted on the markets in these cities, the banker said.

The Bundesbank has been criticized at home for keeping a major part of Germany’s gold reserves abroad. Critics are demanding the complete return of the gold to the country. They regard the gold as insurance if a crisis comes, and the immediate physical availability would be the decisive criterion.

When trying to move gold from New York in 2014, the Bundesbank met obstacles from US authorities when officials tried to inspect the German gold kept in US vaults.

“I’m no conspiracy theorist, but the Bundesbank should be able to audit the gold once a year like it does with reserves in Frankfurt,” Hans Olaf Henkel, a German member of the European Parliament, told RT.

Some even doubted the German gold is still physically there.
The confiscation of foreign assets has happened before, and I gather the Germans are the thinking with the problems in the Euro zone, perhaps they should hold their own gold in their own country. Given the instability of the mind of DT, I would be taking my gold home if I were them.

hug
G

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:55 am

Re: http://kingworldnews.com/a-terrifying-w ... rick-wall/

An analyst looks forward in 2017 ...

My opinion: Once digital money exists (and no currency), government taxation will rule since the quantity, location, and use of most personal assets will not be secretive (thanks to monitored electronic transactions ... including purchases of gold). But a dozen egg-laying chickens might be kept hidden ... if they don't cluck loudly and their supplies are not purchased electronically. ;)

Rod :stars:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:24 pm

:idea: Today's complaint from a friend about cars' back seats being uncomfortable
inspired serious contemplation:

Back seats will get more comfortable with driverless cars (why sit behind a steering wheel?)

:scratch: Hmmm ... does the steering wheel move in driverless cars?
If so, what happens if you interfere with that movement? :shock:

If Uber supplies your driverless ride, will a dummy be in the driver's seat when the car arrives?
And is a passenger the "Designated Dummy" when sitting in that driver's seat? :roll:

:cheers: However, as the Designated Dummy, there will be more time to read the UB.

Rod ... :bike: ... (not yet driverless but with Designated Dummy)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:17 pm

Contemporary humor ... :finger:

According to alternative media, "Cage Free" will be the government's classification
for the permanently homeless and troublemakers not yet escorted to federal camps. :roll:

Rod :rambo:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:29 pm

Re: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anHasqFguCM

Such technology! So convincing with the sound!

Some alternative media have been warning that this technology
will be used to falsely convince us about ET arrival from space
(or government "agenda" events) ... so study closely. :roll:

Rod