World Views and moving forward

Please try to avoid religious or political subjects in this forum.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

World Views and moving forward

Post by Geoff » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:22 am

This guy, Daniel Sheehan is on the faculty of Harvard University, and is a lawyer. Thats a huge bit of credibility. And here is a LONG video, but I think its incredibly important. Along the way, I believe this guy just explained what exactly happened to both Kennedys but the greater value is to learn how to move our planet forward, and away from simplistic world views:

hugs
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.
~ said Jesus through Glenda Green in "Love without End" ~

Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: World Views and moving forward

Post by Amigoo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:53 am

Enlightening speech ... and good closure on Lee Harvey, et al. 8)

:shock: I observed government control of information while living near Hollywood, Florida during the Missile Crisis: At night (during the 13-day confrontation in October, 1962) trainloads of military hardware (and troops?) were transported through Hollywood going south toward Miami but no news about this appeared in the local or national media; apparently, invasion support if the conflict had not been resolved.

Rod

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:26 am

What I also found crazy, from that talk, was how close we came to nuclear world war, except for JFK. We sure owe him big time.

G

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:23 pm

With some countries now considering a "first strike" acceptable, Mutually Assured Destruction an impotent safeguard, greater availability of tactical nuclear weapons, and new EMP offensive options, the world may indeed experience the chaos claimed by some to precede the expected Mahdi. :roll:

Rod

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi Rod,

As best I know the Madhi is actually Monjoronson, but it looks like he has changed his plans big time. Which does not exactly make me feel good about our overall situation. Just noticed my opening post was at 2:22 our time.

G

JonahBC
Busy Bee

Post by JonahBC » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:24 am

Hugs to you Geoff!!

And thanks for Video... watching right now!
There will always be war if someone is hungry....

JonahBC
Busy Bee

Post by JonahBC » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:27 am

Geoff wrote:What I also found crazy, from that talk, was how close we came to nuclear world war, except for JFK. We sure owe him big time.

G

and that we do...
There will always be war if someone is hungry....

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:07 am

JonahBC wrote:Hugs to you Geoff!!

And thanks for Video... watching right now!
Hugs right back.

Geoff

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:55 pm

:shock: Who knew?! Midwayers can emphasize with time stamps!

I was typing this sentence, unaware of the time, when this "time stamp" was inserted as I fat-fingered a key:
"... susceptible to generalizations (especially in the mass m11:11 AM 4/18/2015ia) that do not ..."

I removed the time stamp and posted the following on a private chat board (placement of the stamp hints that "mass media" is their emphasis):

:idea: Regarding controversial news & views (local, national, international (LNI)), our electronic world makes us much more susceptible to generalizations (especially in the mass media and in popular blogs) that do not necessarily reflect the totality of the LNI real world.

We easily become Victims of Generalizations (VoGS) or worse: Perpetrators of Generalizations (PoGS). :roll:

... :bike: ... Going forward - especially regarding "negative" news -
we'll need to maintain OMG! vigilance lest we Vog 'n Pog in planetary perpetuity. ;)

Rod

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:17 pm

More out-of-the-box perspective ...
on increasing controls of cash (or its elimination): :(

:shock: Who knew? Cash is unnecessary for barter ...
when a digital app (with video/images) facilitates the exchange
(app helps determine equitable exchange of goods and services).

:idea: Got technology expertise? Create a Barter App!
Hmmm ... "Bapp!" has a good sound. ;)

Rod

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:46 pm

:idea: The problem with "thinking outside the box" is that
such minds find no boundaries - no subject is taboo. :roll:

Today's mental wandering: :arrow:
How are a robot, drone, and assassin related? :o

:!: "Assassin" is easy - a person hired to kill another person.

:!: "Drone" (re: "drone strike") - a flying device, operated by a person from a distance
with the device capable of sending a "termination greeting" to another person(s).

:!: "Robot" - More sophisticated than a drone and potentially capable
of being programmed to kill another person(s).

How does this mental wandering relate to "World Views"? :arrow:

:scratch: Why is it not morally acceptable to surreptitiously train and send assassins to sovereign nations for the purpose of killing, but drones (currently operated by persons) are morally acceptable (apparently) as delivery agents for "termination greetings"? With rapidly improving technology, should not killer drones and robots (in the future) retain the truth-in-advertising label: "assassin"? ;)

Rod

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Tue May 05, 2015 12:38 pm

:roll: More mental wandering ... :arrow:

Re: http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1430748360.php

"Many people mistakenly believe that their account balance shows how much they own. This is not so. Instead, it shows what the bank owes you. You merely hold a claim on cash."

"Fractional reserve banking works as long as people have faith that the bank will give them back ‘their’ money. ... Assume that all depositors would claim their cash at once. As the reserve ratios are below 10% for most western banks, less than 10% of the funds would be available for withdrawals."

:idea: Apparently, in unstable financial times, your check awaiting deposit might be a more reliable "claim on cash" than after that check's deposit to your account. Even worse: a deposit of cash converts this currency to a "claim on cash" (the bank's "IOU") ... according to this "fractional banking".

:roll Old timer's tip: an 8" section of wide-diameter PVC (one end screw-on, the other capped) makes a convenient (or temporary), all-weather "local bank". A plastic-compatible lubricant (maybe silicone spray or grease) on the PVC thread should facilitate easier removal of the cap months later; don't forget about inflation also eroding this "deposit". And then there's the problem of secure storage, but this is relative to secure banking. ;)

Rod

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Thu May 07, 2015 6:06 am

:idea: More out of the box thinking (out of the TV box) ...

In recent years, I've been increasingly annoyed by the increasingly annoying commercials on many of the TV channels (including cable TV), commercials that always intensify in quantity after evening prime time. Good commercials, yes (at times), but how many times per day should one expose their vulnerable neurons to such repetition?

:scratch: Consider: Entertainment, commercials, and even some news and political reporting is now so commercially choreographed that they effectively teach us when to laugh or have other emotions (laugh tracks), what activities are best or appropriate or necessary (commercials and entertainment), how money should be spent, what clothes to wear, what schools to attend, who to adore in entertainment, what fast foods to desire, what neighbors' possessions to covet, etc., etc. :salut:

Well, enough complaining! I just wanted to acknowledge a wonderful program of weaning now being offered by my cable TV provider: as it moves to more digital channels, requiring my use of another electronic box for signal conversion (but also to think outside of), I'm being inspired to watch fewer commercials: no channel - no commercials! As for the lost entertainment programming, there's a welcome and complementary loss of neuronal "programming"! :roll

:duh Complaining (for several years) is my habit, but turning off the TV has not worked - it's back on within 24 hours! Interestingly, I had to acquire such an electronic box a few years ago when my cable modem quit working (something about "network changes"). But when I discovered that the box was unnecessary (the new cable modem was sufficient upgrade) for my favorite channels, it was never unpacked.

So, now I'm forced to rethink that decision (and that box may be obsolete by now!). Of course, the "out of the box" box is becoming quite attractive: lose the channels (and the many commercials) and reclaim more control of aging neurons. "Who can tell?" :?:

But If I'm not attentive, my next cell phone upgrade might be bundled with the programming that I think I'm avoiding so smartly! Oy Vey! Maybe the most effective "out of the box" solution is to get out of the living and riding boxes (home and auto) more often and invigorate under the clear blue skies ... when those "natural", geometrically-intriguing, criss-crossing vapor trails are not high overhead (but that's a different "programming" issue). :roll:

Rod :rambo:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Tue May 12, 2015 4:44 pm

:shock: Speaking of drones ...
On another blog, someone commented that certain drone-captured photos
are now illegal in those countries where captured. Hmmm ...

:roll: Even having copies of things (where they're illegal) might cause problems.
There may be hidden folders in a computer where copies of viewed files remain.
About foreign trips to visit these places: don't take these "illegal" photos along.
Got a digital UB? Is it allowed in that foreign country?

:idea: Maybe a good business opportunity:
Take your PC (or other device) with you to the car wash or laundry
and have it cleaned of unwanted stuff at the same time.
(be careful that other free stuff doesn't hop in)
out of the TV box

:hithere New experience as the channels fade away:
Many of the ones remaining are in a foreign language. 8)
Great encouragement to finally learn that other language!
Even commercials are appealing from this perspective! :D

Rod

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy » Wed May 13, 2015 5:00 am

Hi Rod,
You wrote:
:roll: Even having copies of things (where they're illegal) might cause problems.
There may be hidden folders in a computer where copies of viewed files remain.
About foreign trips to visit these places: don't take these "illegal" photos along.
Got a digital UB? Is it allowed in that foreign country?
Geez I never gave that a thought! Not that I am a world traveller or anything of the such. But still, it is something important for those that are, to consider in their travels.
love,
Sandy
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Wed May 13, 2015 7:50 pm

Sandy,

:roll I was able to recover 300 MB of space once I located a hidden folder (in a PC laptop).
Some of this stuff was email attachments that had been viewed, but not saved;
some from web sites visited (again, stuff viewed but not saved). ;)

Rod

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Fri May 15, 2015 4:05 am

So considering I know nothing about computers and such things...is this hidden file something that might be found on all of our pc's and laptops?
xxSandy
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Fri May 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Sandy,

For PC Windows (XP, Vista) ...
In /Control Panel/Folder Options/View,
set "Show Hidden Files" to on.

The files I deleted were in this Temp Folder:
(set "computer name" to name of your computer)
C:/Users/computer name/AppData/Local/Temp

As for other computers, "I know nothing"
(and this would not remove other unwanted files).

Rod

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Sat May 16, 2015 4:34 am

Thanks Rod,
I did some checking on my pc but "chickened out" and figured I had better leave well enough alone. :)
xxSandy

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:55 am

Re: "More out of the box thinking (out of the TV box) ..."

:study: Long story short ...

I installed a digital antenna in my attic to have another TV channels option besides cable; the antenna brings in fewer channels than the cable-without-converter-box (aka, the cable's "Not Available" channels package). I could install the converter box (now in a closet) or even switch from antenna to cable (requires reprogramming the TV each time), but having the fewest channels has been great motivation to cut back on TV time (at least 60% less now) and the endless repetition of commercials (on many channels). :roll:

:oops: Naturally, some of the time recovered is now applied to internet surfin', but at least this requires interaction from the viewer - not mindless minutes of TV program after TV program ... and encourages more physical activity than channel hoppin' with the TV's remote control.

:scratch: Who knows? slightly downsizing the number of channels each month might lead to "What TV?"

Rod

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:03 am

We don't have a cable service and so just view the free channels which aren't too bad. There are several channels which often carry the BBC Detective shows which we love. It isn't too hard to reign our viewing in right now though as it seems the channels are fraught with cooking shows, remodelling shows and dance and song contest shows... which aren't our forte. However... even a little bit of the good stuff, can make us want more so we have been trying to limit our viewing to just specific shows we really want to see. That's the plan anyway... I can't resist the likes of, Midsummer Murders, George Gently, Touch of Frost, Lewis, or Inspector Morse. :bana: :roll: (oldies but goodies)
hugs,
Sandy

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:54 pm

:sunny: More out of the box thinking ...
(and proof that the subconscious mind assembles puzzles)

Apparently, I've been long-intrigued - and impressed - by the secure lock of a plastic zip tie ... and sometimes cut these to remove them or to reposition misplaced ties when first applied. My recent use of push pins to "fine tune" the placement of an indoor, flat panel HDTV antenna (the two dozen holes in my wall would look better if they were symmetric) seemed unrelated to zip ties.

:scratch: About the puzzle ...

While using the term "lock" to describe the recent geometry of squared circles (re: Jointed Quadrature), my subconscious presented the assembled puzzle: insert the push pin into the lock of the zip tie and it opens! Unfortunately (or not), the zip tie may be permanently deactivated! Also, certain skill is required to effect the unlock. ;)

Rod

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:37 am

Hi Rod,
I must try this myself as I have always been in awe of the strength of those zip ties. On an Aussie show a few years back called, "Sea Patrol," the crew of the Navy patrol ship used zip ties rather then handcuffs to secure their dangerous passengers. Hmmm... of course the bad guys always managed to escape too. :scratch: But there you have it... you simply can't believe everything you watch on TV. We all know that without a push pin one is helplessly ensnared. :lol:
xxSandy

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:55 pm

:cheers: More out of the box creativity ...
(and regarding HDTV antennas)

With all the development & marketing effort to promote flat panel HDTV antennas for indoor use,
an obvious electronic Fly on the Wall is a new marketing opportunity (and this thing works!): 8)
http://aitnaru.org/images/Antenna_Fly.pdf

:duh After deciding that three different flat panel antennas were still not satisfactory for my den's
inside wall (one room away from the exterior wall facing transmission towers 30 miles away),
I tried two 3-dimensional indoor/attic antennas (steel, aluminum, plastic) - still unsatisfactory!

:geek: Next idea: Craft a new antenna using parts of the others, plus brass wire, strapping tape,
and two kitchen sink strainers. What? This is not typical electronics development?!
Like I said: "This thing works!" (but I can't explain how).

:scratch: I theorize that the 3-dimensional shape and persistent searching for the ideal location
on the wall is the secret to its superior functionality (10 more TV channels detected
besides the 45 max. with any of the other antennas tested).

So study this "prototype", then create a marketable antenna with "fly on the wall" appearance
and the sales should be impressive! After all, everyone will want an electronic Fly on the Wall!
A camera and microphone might be added for a spy version ( :lol: ).

;) The Fly's position on the wall must be adjustable (even after mounting).

Rod ... :bike: ...

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:29 am

:lol: Well done Rod! :thumright: I actually think it is kind of cute. ;)
But I suppose the important thing is that it is doing its' job and then some.
xxSandy

~ Chief Seattle ~