is it ok to sentence another human being to death

Please try to avoid religious or political subjects in this forum.
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: is it ok to sentence another human being to death

Post by Amigoo »

The answer to "is it ok" must be "yes", since our celestial overseers have not yet interfered with such state-level decisions during mortal life on the planet. But their expectation is that human society will keep evolving to more restrictive use of this penalty ... until it is totally eliminated.

A great step forward will be when "deadly force" is replaced by "effective capture", using new technology instead of bullets/bombs and with intent to disarm/capture rather than kill/destroy.

Rod
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Doesn't free will prevent celestials from stepping in? I think they must be cringing at the most of the decisions and choices we make toward our brothers and sisters on this planet. What can they do except wait for humanity as a whole to move beyond our caveman tendencies. Obviously capture must be more evolved than killing. How long is it going to take before neither of those choices would even occur to us?

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Another example of "sentencing" ...

:scratch: Is "sniper" a good word or a bad word?

Not having viewed this new Eastwood movie but trying to evaluate differing opinions about it, this potential scenario seemed to help: a government determines that marshall law must be delcared and uses snipers to enforce restricted areas or curfews. Apparently, "good or bad" depends on who's the target.

Rod :?
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:farao: Interesting misspelling (marshall) ...

Maybe this week's Gunsmoke episode with Marshal Dillon influenced the spelling.
Nevertheless, "marshal" may be the preferred law version of "martial"
... if your wild range is in Texas. :roll:

Rod
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Seeker13 wrote:Doesn't free will prevent celestials from stepping in? I think they must be cringing at the most of the decisions and choices we make toward our brothers and sisters on this planet. What can they do except wait for humanity as a whole to move beyond our caveman tendencies. Obviously capture must be more evolved than killing. How long is it going to take before neither of those choices would even occur to us?

Kim
Amen.

I would pretty much guarantee that if we were to channel Chis Kyle now he should have by now figured out that he really messed up. But as he only died two years ago, its also possible he is a very slow learner. In short I would expect to find him deep in the hells. The fact that he followed orders will in no way lessen the penalty he will pay.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Amigo,
LOL! I find your posts entertaining :lol:, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. :roll

:loves
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Kim,

Weeks later, the "double entendre" (sometimes triple) makes even me wonder "What's he talking about?"
But texting under the stars on a 4-legged ride :bounce: is not as easy as running in squared circles. :roll:

Rod :stars:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Amigo,
I guess all of us find ourselves in Oz every so often,... maybe more often than we'd like to admit! Especially the shiny parts! 8) For me in all the chaos of the unexplained, the known, unknown and imagined...maybe just because I'm getting old :shock:, I tend to search for simplicity. Isn't that funny! The song Over The Rainbow began playing while writing this. Good luck texting under the stars on a 4-legged ride while running in squared circles. It's a great visual! I'll do my best at keeping up.

Love,
Kim

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Kim,

Interesting alignment of thought ...
Just days ago, Annie's "The sun will come out tomorrow" :sunny: tune was playing on the range while I texted. :bounce:
I probably got this from the internet when embellishing encouraging email to a friend - I pressed "Play" to sample the tune, apparently pressing "Record" at the same time. 8)

:scratch: And my mind prefers to reduce complexity to simplicity ... if only to grasp the important details of a problem or challenge. Unfortunately (or not), much is lost when I type words to describe the process because of the brevity of those words. But there are times when that brevity leads others to believe that I wrote much more - that I'm brilliant (or stupid), educated (or illiterate), macho (or a wimp), quick-witted (or dull), opinionated (or "without a clue"), ...

Not a problem - later reviews hint that I'm "all of the above" (sometimes true but sometimes vicarious). :lol:

Rod
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Rod,
I think what matters the most is who we believe we are... the ideals that we try to live up to and how we treat our brothers and sisters.

Love,
Kim

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Just an interesting note... The movie musical, "Annie" from the 80's (I believe) was just on television here a few nights ago. What are the odds? ( I haven't seen it in a decade or so.. and here within a week two references.)
hugs,
Sandy
Thought it might be nice to see the lyrics...

Tomorrow

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick up my chin and grin and say, oh

The sun will come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow
You're always a day away!

When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely
I just stick up my chin and grin and say oh

The sun will come out tomorrow
So you got to hang on 'til tomorrow, come what may!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow
You're always a day away

Tomorrow, tomorrow I love you tomorrow
You're always a day away ..."

Songwriters
Charles Strouse;Martin Charnin
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunny: Thinking about the song "Tomorrow" reminded me of many difficult hours during my wife's final year of diabetes complications (bedridden at home, blind, paralyzed on one side and unable to feed herself (mutliple strokes), failing transplanted kidney with peritoneal dialysis QID, uterine prolapse, gangrenous foot, incontinent, bed sores, ...). Sometimes, just believing that the next hour would be better often helped us move on to the next day. :roll:

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh my, Rod! You and your dear wife went through so much! It makes all my petty little concerns seem... well petty. If anyone had the right to feel disheartened you guys did. But I suppose allowing those feeling to permeate all waking hours would not have help anything would it? I have always found courage in hope but I know not every one does as hopeful feelings can also lead to disappointment. I always loved this poem though...

"HOPE

'Tis better to hope,
though clouds hang low,
And keep the eyes uplifted.
For the sweet blue sky
will soon peep through,
When the ominous clouds are rifted.

There was never a night
without a day
Or an evening without a morning,
And the darkest hour,
as the proverb goes,
Is the hour before the dawning."

Sounds a little on the same theme as "Tomorrow" from the Annie musical. :)
My mom gave me this tiny little book of poems when I left the US to come here and not a day goes by that I don't flip through it and read one of the simple poems. It's surprising (or maybe not so surprising) how many times the chosen one was something I needed to hear. :)
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Dear Rod,
Thank you for sharing about your wife. It gives me a little more insight about who you are.

Love,
Kim

hungryfish
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 39781
Please type in these numbers:91294: 52643

Post by hungryfish »

Reminds me of a bumper sticker my Daughter-In-Law once had. "How does killing people who kill people, show people that killing people is wrong."
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good one, Barry! :)
xxSandy