Paradise Trinity Day

Please try to avoid religious or political subjects in this forum.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Paradise Trinity Day

Post by Sandy »

Hey Rod,
Kate's imput has put the biggest smile on my face. It proves our celestial guides and teachers have as marvelous a sense of humor as they have an intellect... :sunflower:

Thank you JohnG. I had never heard that song before...But the words are priceless in this new age as we try to reconcile "what we think we know".
I can't deny what I believe
I can't be what I'm not
I know, I know
I know this love's forever
That's all that matters now
No matter what.
Rod, I wanted to listen to the URL you posted but my computer is so slow it is barely coming in and makes viewing difficult. I am hoping I can allow it to come in while I am not needing to be on my computer a little later. :finger:
Thanks for all the inspiration today you guys! :hithere
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Amigoo »

Sandy,

Here's the trailer about the movie at that URL: http://www.iamthedoc.com/
and some commentary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_%282011_film%29

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

This little adventure qualifies for posting as a Current Event . I was visiting a friend from Finland (Irma, a pseudonym) who had come to Dallas for a business meeting:

Events seem to have been "orchestrated" for our adventure that day:

When we left Irma's hotel, we did not have a driving destination in mind - we were just touring in the north Dallas area. While we were halfway to Barnes & Noble book store (but we didn't know that would be our destination), I recalled that Irma wanted to visit a book store to see what Urantia Books might be displayed. And I then remembered that a new book store had opened several years ago that I had never visited. This suddenly became our destination.

As I drove into the shopping area, I passed Barnes & Noble without realizing this because the store's sign was so high. Thinking that I had selected the wrong shopping area, I doubled back in the parking lot from a different direction ... and found both the store and a "front row" parking space in this very crowded lot.

After we found the two Urantia Books on the shelf, Irma expressed disappointment that we had not brought a camera with us. But a large grocery store next to Barnes & Noble sold disposable cameras! So, we purchased a camera and returned to the book store to pose for the pictures.

When then drove back to the hotel and walked to her room 1144 in the hotel. Why mention "1144"? Earlier in the hotel, we had been discussing "midwayer prompting" - I had mentioned that "1144" was a common midwayer prompt. After our book store adventure, we both surmised that midwayers played a role in our day's "orchestration". And we both smiled broadly when discovering that room 1111 actually existed, far down the hall from her room - our final impromptu exploration for the day.

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Rod, It sounds like you and Irma, as well as a few Midwayer "tag a longs," had a great day!

I used to be able to spend hours in Barnes and Noble looking at books. I remember when I picked up my first Urantia Book at that store I was shocked to see it was filed in the occult books. :lol: Not to be deterred, though, I purchased it anyway and it has been one of the most beneficial things I have ever done.

I also just want to say that I love Dallas airport! Just flew into there from Australia this year and it was such a joy compared to other International airports. Your city has much to be proud of...and now the legendary show, Dallas is being reborn as well... I haven't watched it yet, but from the previews it seems JR is just as sneaky and devious as always. Someone give that man a Urantia book! ;) :lol:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
jack6251
Family

Post by jack6251 »

Some of the pubs in Whitby had a huge selection of books in them, which I was surprised to see. I've since noticed in certain pubs in England (maybe rest of Britain too), there's a growing trend of books on shelves for customers. It's mostly in what we call "real ale" pubs which serve beer as it should traditionally be made (i.e. no "chemcical" additives from brands such as Budweiser, Miller, Fosters etc etc). Anyway among some of the books in one pub were old books about ancient egypt, I never got a chance to have a read but if I go to Whitby next year, I'll have a look.

Not a bad idea, a pint and a read :)

Jack :pig:
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

I love it! I would be happy to see folks reading in U.S. bars! Primarily you witness vomiting on the pavement outside (If they make it that far!)!

:lol:
jack6251
Family

Post by jack6251 »

11light11 wrote:I love it! I would be happy to see folks reading in U.S. bars! Primarily you witness vomiting on the pavement outside (If they make it that far!)!

:lol:
Haha, read them their rights :P

Truth is that sounds like all towns and cities in the UK. Where I'm from in Wakefield we have a really long road of pubs along a road called Westgate. Every so often people try to go to drink something from each of the dozens of pubs along the route, it's called the Westage Run when you do that. Anyway, nothing but ill mannered young'uns fighting and getting up to all manner of badness. It's all a part of my gripes around the growing indigenous scumbags :(

11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

I used to live in Chicago for many years - St. Patrick's Day is a big drinking fest, which begins the weekend prior to the actual holiday. I often used to take walks on the weekends - for five or more miles - just strolling around, no destination in mind, just checking things out and relaxing. It was common to pass many adults, on the weekend before St. Patrick's Day, walking around in broad daylight, throwing up! Or there would be three gentlemen abreast, and the two on the outside would be carrying/supporting the one in the middle - and I have to say the two on the outside wouldn't be fairing so well either! :lol: To make matters worse, Chicago tends to dye its beer green for the big event, so you wind up seeing green pools of sick. Oy vey!

Sometimes I miss Chicago and sometimes I don't!!!! :lol: I'm Irish, but I'm 'not a very good' Irishman sometimes! (Or Irishwoman.) If I were to make the rounds of 12 bars in a row? You'd have to send me to the hospital, stat!!!! :lol: I admire those with a higher tolerance, but perhaps that's for the next life!

Cheers!
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

***** Breaking News *****

Long known to exist by faithful aficionados of squared circles, species Quadrilateral was finally spotted today in a dusty blackboard jungle along Route E25. This rare Quadrilateral, affectionately knicknamed "Kerotumus" (for its tasty discovery; accent on second syllable), is clearly identified by its defining juxtaposition of two historic line dimensions: 1/2 the square root of 2 and 1/2 the square root of Pi.

Kerotumus quickly disappeared into the jungle, having immediately sensed the awakening, defensive neuronal waves of now-challenged mathematicians who have long "proven" that this particular Quadrilateral cannot exist ... in a dusty blackboard jungle or anywhere else in the universe.

More news at 11:11 (date unknown). Film is being processed - picture will appear in the Aitnaru PDF by this weekend. :roll

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

The "Kerotumus" picture was added near the botton of the Parallel Dimensions Gallery (click on image to view PDF file):
http://aitnaru.org/providence.html

The picture and brief commentary will be added to the geometry PDF file (attached to the Free Will page) this weekend.

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

I was persuaded to correct the spelling "for the record": Karotumus

Rod
jack6251
Family

Post by jack6251 »

Yeah good idea Rod, I now know what you're on about.

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

You're sharp, Jack!

I sometimes mix metaphors in my literary (and other) recipes just to see what tastes best ... or pleasantly different. But this one requires the square roots of 2 and Pi - no substitutions for these two ingredients! I searched on the internet first and only found garbanzo beans. ;)

Rod
jack6251
Family

Post by jack6251 »

Amigoo wrote:You're sharp, Jack!
;)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

The updated design was added to both the Parallel Dimensions Gallery and the Squared Circles PDF files.

This elusive geometry helps support the theory that a squared circle can be proven if ...
these two dimensions are present in the geometry: 1/2 the square root of 2 and 1/2 the square root of Pi.
This inscribed quadrilateral ("Karotumus") appears to contain these dimensions.

Intuitively, this 1000 units corral (the circle) should limit the infinity of Pi, but does it? :?
... or is this the "Enigma of Karotumus"? :idea:

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

"The rest of the story" ...

The subtlety of the whimsical "Enigma of Karotumus" is better reflected in the updated design (now in the two PDF files).

Given: Hypotenuse of downward pointing right triangle (within the inscribed Karotumus quardrilateral) = diameter of yellow circle (1000 units); left side of triangle = 1/2 square root of Pi x 1000 = 886.227 units (rounded).

If the inscribed right triangle is enlarged, keeping the same angles, the left side length can become the circle's diameter (1000 units). This larger right triangle effectively squares a circle whose diameter = 2256.756 units (rounded; circle not shown). By this substitution, 1/2 the square root of Pi is replaced by 1000 units (the circle's diameter).

"Whoa! You say let Pi = a finite value?!" Why not? The geometry (and trigonometry) shows that we can make this substitution! [angles = 62.403.., 27.597.., 90 degrees]

"What does this prove?" That Pi is not an infinite value in geometry - conversely, Pi is an infinite value only in math theory (Pi is irrational and transcendental).

"Well ... where's the Karotumus quadrilateral now? I see a 5-sided object ... with attached stuff."
It's camouflaged - the blackboard jungle can be a threatening place.

"Ha! Ha! A dusty blackboard? What's so threatening about that?"
Wait until you try to explain the picture of Karotumus that questions Pi's infinity!
Be careful! The entire picture might look like a target to some people.

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://aitnaru.org/providence.html (click on design to view PDF file)

Presenting the "Enigma of Karotumus Grand Design" ...
perhaps showing the geometry necessary to prove that a circle is squared.

( otherwise, just the colorful and intriguing essence of Pi ).

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ircle.html

An interesting subtlety about Pi in this crop circle: the grammatical standard seems to be that a number is not rounded if it is followed by an ellipsis, but this crop circle rounds Pi! :!:

A good example of standard usage (and this site should know): http://www.piday.org/

"Pi, Greek letter (Pi), is the symbol for the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. Pi Day is celebrated by math enthusiasts around the world on March 14th. Pi = 3.1415926535…"

(more Pi = 3.1415926535897932384626433832795... ) :arrow:

So, is this a subtle comment about Pi in the crop circle? Or by using 3 decimal points of unequal size is this not an ellipsis (by definition)? :?

Also ... "I did not know that!" (there's a Pi song: http://pi.ytmnd.com/ )

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Late night nit pickin' and grinnin' ...

Since the math description in the Free Will PDF file referred to the "55.194225271381208903464409504677 degree Angle of Squaring Radii", this angle had to be more obvious in the Karotumus design (now visible with the dark blue and tan lines). Also, portions of some lines were removed for better presentation of the design.

On the Karotumus web page (theme: the captivating essence of squared circles):

"The whimsical Enigma of Karotumus: Does the inscribed quadrilateral (circle's diameter = 1000 units), reflecting half of the square roots of Pi and of 2, limit the infinity of Pi? Consider the non-isosceles right triangle whose vertical side represents Pi and whose three angles equal 27.597.., 62.402.., and 90 degrees respectively, then consider this side as a diameter."

Discussion:

"Which non-isosceles triangle?"
The one in the the quadrilateral.
"But there are two ... or more!"
"And where's the quadrilateral?"
"And how do I divide roots of Pi?"
You need a license to perceive an enigma;
apply at the licensing office near the vertex
of the Angle of Squaring Radii.
"And what do you perceive?"
That rounded Pi is traditional
but triangular Pi is rational.
"Do you have a license?"
Yes ... "Creative".
"You're an enigma!"
But I have a license ... :bike:

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Such public clamoring for better evidence! But what is evidence? Lines? Angles? :duh

So, I checked the unauthorized notes of Pythagoras and discovered his secret penchant: "Not lines or angles, but curves!" he penned in disappearing ink. "That's what keeps me stiff with anticipation of future use of my theorem for proving a squared circle!" ;)

So, the Enigma of Karotumus was modified yet again to highlight the Pythagorean Theorem (see right triangle at top center of design):

a = right diagonal side = 886.22692545275801364908374167057
b = top diagonal side = 463.25137517610424292137983379471
c = hypotenuse = 1000 units (radius of large magenta circle)

(1/2 square root of Pi = 0.88622692545275801364908374167057) :hithere

My electric slide rule indicates that these line lengths favor this Pythagorean conjecture: :bana:
A squared + B squared = C squared = 999999.99999999999999999999999999
Angles = 90, 27.597.. and 62.402.. degrees (clockwise from 90).

Rod ... :bike:
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

An explanation ...

Re: http://allrecipes.com/personalrecipe/63 ... etail.aspx

Development of this recipe occurred as a necessary distraction (mental rejuvenation) while the geometry is being studied. My previous reference to "tasty discovery" was an allusion to this recipe and explains why the recipe name "attached" to the geometry design ... literally: I raised the hand blender too high and the ingredients splattered the printed design, resting on my cluttered kitchen counter. :shock:

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol: I can laugh Rod, as I wasn't the one having to clean up the mess...but if it makes you feel any better I too had a mess to clean up recently when I sleepily left the coffee carafe sitting on the countertop beside the coffee machine and turned it on. At least you have a good excuse and are creating on different levels!
That Karotumus recipe is just what I need this week end... healthy and yummy. I like the addition of carrots to the hummus. I am wondering if I could possibly adapt in to a raw version.. I would have to soak the garbanzo beans for at least a day and then not sure my blender/processor would be powerful enough to cream them properly. Perhaps I will make the cooked version first and enjoy it before attempting to “raw it up”.(long story :roll: )

Love,
Sandy
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Sandy,

I understand that most beans need to be cooked (they contain a protein "that can be toxic in sufficiently high concentrations if the beans are eaten raw").

But here's another option for raw legumes: sprouted lentils. Both lentils (brown and green) and raw sunflower seeds can be prepared this way:

Soak lentils in fresh water for 12 hours, then spread in a colander with small holes (my favorite method), cover and rinse twice a day until sprouts are about 1/8" long. Two days at room temperature should be sufficient if the room is not too warm or too cold. Parboil the sprouted lentils for a few minutes for more tenderness.

Many sunflower seeds lose their skins during the 12-hour soaking, so rinse these in a container of water several times, pouring off the loose skins. Sprouted sunflower seeds have a milder flavor and can be used in many dishes.

Better information is available online.

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

To recap the beginning rationale for this geometry research:

Infinite Pi has been defended for centuries by its association with many points (billions, trillions, ...) on a circle, but a perfect "square of the circle" requires only eight of those points for its placement on the circle. In fact, simple geometry shows that only two points on the circle are required to construct the square: the points for one side of the square.

This geometry research focuses on these minimal points - identification of the non-isosceles right triangle appears to be a giant step toward a geometric solution. And it continues to support the more recent conjecture that a solution will require straight line representation for the square roots of Pi and of 2. Of course, these representations will be irrational numbers as measurements, but the solution simply requires association between geometric objects - not precise measurement.

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Rod, I appreciate your information and will definitely double check before eating garbonza beans raw.
Love,
Sandy