Paradise Trinity Day

Please try to avoid religious or political subjects in this forum.
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Paradise Trinity Day

Post by Amigoo »

:stars: Yawn! Only five hours later, curiosity lured me out of bed: :scratch:
How did Convincing Patterns emerge from Architectonic Points, the design I was admiring "on my way" to bed?

The answer was obvious this morning: :roll
The center scalene triangle (golden with a 3-D appearance), was the key that unlocked this design's geometric potential: I knew that the geometry of the triangle was symmetric with the larger and smaller scalene triangles. And I knew that its size was proportional to this geometric pattern of nested scalene triangles.

:study: Long story short: I visualized* how the design (the three scalene triangles would look if positioned similarly on the plane. The mental image shouted: "Go for it! Forget about bed - another sunrise bedtime is only that (another sunrise bedtime)." Once this geometric key was turned (effectively counterclockwise), the expanded geometry became obvious - just connect the points with straight lines, and select colors from the pallet already in use.

Imagine! :cheers: This geometric key is also evidence of a direct relationship of the square root of Pi (the diagonal of that square) and the square root of 2 (the circle's diameter.

* Visualization of moving geometric objects became an acquired, critical skill in last year's geometry exploration.

Rod ... :bike: ... :sunny:
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Convincing Patterns of Pi (design updated)

Updated to include the squared-circle-defining right triangle (red) having a 27.597.. degree vertex
and hypotenuse equal to the circle's radius at 62.403.. degrees. 8)

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:farao: The Convincing Patterns geometry might reveal an "esoteric singularity"
... considering the efforts of believers over the centuries to "square the circle":

:geek: When the side length of the square of a circle is attached at either end by the side length of the circle's inscribed square, and the two attached sides are rotated clockwise until their opposite ends may be connected by a vertical straight line, the circle and its square are effectively united and precisely defined. The length of the vertical line is then equal to the length of the side of the circle's square. 8)

:idea: In the Convincing Patterns design, the leftmost green diagonal line (left side of the largest green scalene triangle), the lower horizontal green line (horizontal side of this scalene triangle), and the lower golden diagonal line comprise one set of three lines in this squared circle singularity.

And if this is truly a "singularity", the accumulated efforts of all believers - past and present - contributed to the revelation. :cheers:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:roll: It's already past 2:00 AM and, because an esoteric singularity is a "tough act to follow", I was going to skip this next comment. But a glance at the 2:22 AM prompt persuaded me to reconsider:

In addition to the three-line sets ("singularity") associating a circle with its square, the midpoint-to-midpoint length of the two lines that are rotated is equal to the length of the diagonal of the red square (one per scalene triangle). Thus the singularity defines the circle and its square as well as a square (red) having one-fourth the area of the primary square. :roll

8) Cool ... but the greater significance is that the top line of these red squares represent the same line that was drawn months ago and seemed to be associated with a false alarm from a smoke detector in my den. So, for months I searched for the significance of this horizontal line (even wondered if the alarm would sound again to confirm my progress - it never did :( ).

:cheers: Finally, the Convincing Patterns geometry provides closure for that event: the line drawn was but one side of a square and now I can appreciate the significance of the false alarm clue. Several months after the alarm, I had discovered the square(s) but only now understand its relationship to the composite geometry.

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Convincing Patterns design
(previous comment) "two attached sides are rotated clockwise until their opposite ends may be connected by a vertical straight line"

;) When we're proposing a "singularity" of multi-century circle squaring, a disclaimer often keeps us on the preferred side of the sanitas/morbus border. So, today's disclaimer is that this singularity is still in development (IMO) - the geometry shows what we might expect when a circle is squared (or three nested, as in this design).

:oops: Also, a correction in visualization: the lower golden line of the set is moving counter-clockwise - not clockwise. And this "movement" indicates that the red square(s) moves from upper left to lower right at 315 degrees; the length of the vertical line connecting the points of the rotating lines is always equal to the length of the horizontal line in the set.

:geek: Next question: What causes the red square(s) to find its equilibrium in this geometry composition of squared circles? If the lengths of the rotating lines (equal to a side of the circle's inscribed square) are a geometric Given, then the endpoints of the half-length perpendicular lines at the midpoints of these rotating lines can meet in one place only ... thus defining the center of equilibrium. :finger:

... IMO (favoring the "preferred side"). :roll:

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:geek: To explain the seeming visualization "sleight of hand" ...

The two rotating lines in the set begin with length equal to the horizontal line (representing the square root of Pi). Until equilibrium is reached, these lines become shorter as they "move" (one clockwise, the other counter-clockwise).

"What's the point?" To explore uncharted paths when popular belief shouts "You can't get there from here!" :shock:

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Convincing Patterns II (new design)

Another convincing pattern. The dark blue lines have the same length (diagonal of red square)
... and confirm the power of a certain scalene triangle! 8)

"El fin 646" is a coded "note to self" to close the toy box - the geometry is stable ... and convincing. :D

Like numbers? (not the meaning of 646 but symbolic)
646 = 6 + 4 = 10 + 6 = 16; 1 + 6 = 7

Rod ... :bike: ...
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: Convincing Patterns II design

:geek: For easy confirmation with CAD software:
Let length of horizontal line of scalene triangle equal square root of Pi,
scalene's right vertex equal 45 degrees, diameter of circle equal 2,
length of left side of scalene equal side of circle's inscribed square.

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Convincing Patterns II design

Design was updated to highlight the radius of the squared circle and the magical 27.597.. degree vertex
of a right triangle (two are displayed), but then a subtle "greeting from our sponsor" appeared. :roll

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Convincing Patterns II design

Every sponsor has a better idea (design adjustment to highlight another parallel line). :cheers:
This composition now displays greater energy of renewal and growth. 8)

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Herd of Triangles? (new design, summary of Convincing Patterns)

The substitute teacher walks into an advanced geometry class
where students are gossiping at three-sided tables,
carefully draws this colorful geometry on the board,
then asks the noisy class: "Herd of triangles?"

:) :roll: :shock: :| :P :lol: :roll

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: Herd of Triangles? :hithere

Of course, all of the students had heard about triangles (and some wondered if "herd" was innuendo :scratch: ).
But no one knew about the geometric "magic" of the dark blue lines under the golden right triangle:

:geek: The opposite angles = 135/135 and 45/45 degrees (yes, a total of 360). And the long green and long golden lines (effectively one side of the inscribed squares of two nested circles) connected the endpoints of the dark blue lines to create a scalene trapezoid.

"Say what?" mumbled the now-attentive class. "Exactly!" said the teacher.
"Say what ... do you think of these clues about squared circles?" ;)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

After a long afternoon nap, I came back to my old desktop to review the Herd design. Apparently, the desktop was still napping because the CAD and another application froze when being awakened simultaneously. :x So, I opened a third application (screenprint) and copied the screen clutter.

:scratch: What!? Add fuel to the fire to douse the flames? Who would know? But it works (unlocks this CPU brain freeze). And considering the subsequent change to the Herd design, "flames" became such powerful symbolism:

My own internal CPU kept insisting that the right triangle at the top of the design needed to be red. "It's fine!", I protested, knowing that changes can take several hours, from CAD tweaking to final image editing. Well, an hour was sufficient since the geometry is not so complex. :roll

Once the triangle was colored red and the image editor put to bed (again), I focused on the sharp point of the triangle's lower vertex. "A Tharpe thorn in the thide" came to mind. Intriguing! This was the Director's (of a language institute, decades ago) favorite way of addressing the class for major tests (he put a pipe in his mouth and mumbled the foreign language expressions as the test proceeded). :roll:

:idea: So, how does this relate to red, flames, and thorn? A post-nap reflection on this symbolism, contrasted with the current state of the planet, hints that this is a message about the struggle between good and evil. I sense that our planetary evil is due for a major test of its endurance.

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: "Herd of triangles?" (the complete story) :roll:

:study: The substitute teacher walks into an advanced geometry class where students are gossiping at three-sided tables, carefully draws this colorful geometry on the board, then asks the noisy class while drawing the final line: "Herd of triangles?"

:scratch: "What?!" The class is puzzled. Geometry pop quiz? Innuendo? The teacher explains:

"Consider the esoteric 'magic' of the dark blue lines under the golden right triangle: :farao:

The opposite angles equal 135/135 and 45/45 degrees; yes, a total of 360 degrees. And the long green and long golden lines, effectively a side of the inscribed squares of two nested circles, connect the four endpoints of the dark blue lines, creating a scalene trapezoid with three green lines and one golden.

If you knew immediately that 135 degrees = 90 + 45 degrees - and why this is important - you could be a future graduate
of the impossible school of squared circles." ;)

:scratch: "What?!" The class is puzzled. Geometry pop quiz? Innuendo? The teacher responds:
"Harmony of the spheres is the mandate of the universe."

:scratch: "What?!" The class is puzzled. Geometry pop quiz? Innuendo?
Then the bell rings and class is dismissed.

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Herd of Triangles? (design updated)

This geometry is so loquacious! (insisted on "just one more line" ... five times) :o

Obviously, this herd's Alpha is the golden isosceles right triangle. 8)
Observe only from a distance when this herd gallops on the Cartesian plane.

Rod ... :roll :roll :roll
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Herd of Triangles? (design updated ... again)

Fortunately, the herd is grazing quietly now ...
:shock: or we wouldn't notice the two-tone colt of the dark blue mare.

How do I know that it's a colt? It's grazing on a 45 (vertex of the Alpha). :roll:

Rod ... :bike: ... off to find more oats (for my lunch bucket)
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the belly laugh this morning, Rod!
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Herd of Triangles? (design upgraded to "Collector's Edition")

The plane little riddle story: :roll:

The town was buzzing about the sudden galloping on the Cartesian plane. "What's up?" everyone asked. "Another little triangle." observed the resident geometer. "Just a little thing, but it provides unique circle-squaring perspective!"

"Let's celebrate!" shouted the popular pub's proprietor. "All entrées today will be half off." :cheers:

But later, :? "What's with the square red plates?" the first guest complained. "And where's the rest of my entrée?"

"It's on the plate - 'half off' like I promised." said the proprietor. "The square plates help me divide the entrée in half, along the diagonal."

"I suppose that dessert is also 'half off'" mocked the customer after he had finished his entrée. :x

"Of course not!" explained the proprietor. "But dessert is served only when the entrée is satisfying, geometrically speaking. And dessert is served on another plate, one-fourth the size of the first." ;)

"Bless your little Cartesian coordinates." mumbled the customer. "Then skip my dessert; here's your tip - half off." :|

:geek: "Please come back often." offered the proprietor. "Each day, the other half of your entrée will also be half off."

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Herd of Triangles? (continuation of the little riddle)

The next day, the town was buzzing about a lone rider who had galloped off into the setting sun. :sunny:

"Who was riding the stallion, burdened with saddlebags?" asked the ubiquitous geometer.

:geek: "Oh, that was my first customer yesterday." explained the proprietor of the pub. "He was so impressed with my 'half off' entrée that his bank insisted on refinancing my pub: infinite payments but beginning with the next scheduled payment, each subsequent payment will be half off ... a deal I couldn't refuse."

'"So, why did he ride off so suddenly?" queried the geometer. :?:

"Yes, quite mysterious!" agreed the proprietor. "But he promised to return to collect my final payment and give me the deed to my pub."

:roll: "And when will this circle be squared?" asked the wary geometer.

"Hmmm ... that's a good point!" responded the suddenly-enlightened proprietor. :shock:

"Just focus on two diagonals of the deal at a time with half off juxtaposition." offered the supportive geometer.
:thumright: "Your deed is certain ... not impossible - just difficult."

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Herd of Triangles? (design updated with essence of ordered assymetry)

Displaying today's Cartesian plane at sunrise, with a certain invisible diagonal that's half off. ;)
:scratch: What? An out of the box clue should now be in the box?

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Ad Infinitum (new design; same song, next verse)

Postscript: (re: "Herd of Triangles?")

:study: Years later, after the proprietor had retired, two transients (aka "tourists") were in the pub one day having a long discussion about the repetitive, asymmetric galloping on the plane.

aka-A: "Waiter, bring us another round of drinks, and make it snappy!" :!:

:geek: Waiter: "Sorry, we no longer serve Snappy."

aka-B: "I used to live here, years ago. That's local humor." :lol:

aka-A: "Figures." :roll:
aka-B: "Geometric?" :?:

Waiter: "Here's your round. Can I bring you another object?"

aka-A: "No thanks, but I have a question: Does the Herd of Triangles still gallop on the Cartesian plane?"

Waiter: (in a monotone) "Does a bear sit in the woods?" :|

aka-A: "Only when waiters get tips, half off."

Waiter: "Well, bless your little Cartesian coordinates." :x

aka-B: (after the waiter wanders west) "I thought that he looked familiar!"

aka-A: "Bottoms up!" :thumleft:
aka-B: "Tops down!" :thumright:

Waiter: (overhearing) "She left town!"
aka-A,B: (toasting) "Bless her Cartesian coordinates!"

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Ad Infinitum design (ready for "show & tell")
"When circle meets square, the geometry waxes loquacious."

:geek: Interesting theme in recent geometry (infinity). I'm now persuaded that this theme is timely caution about the futility of finding just one geometric composition that perfectly describes a squared circle. This toy box seems to be bottomless!

So, "Ad Infinitum" is reluctant acceptance that I'll permanently bond with this old desktop if I keep rummaging in the toy box.

"Well, bless your redundant Cartesian coordinates." :cheers:

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Ad Infinitum (design completed)
"Tops down" (the geometry toy box is closed, but might need a few locks). :roll:

:geek: At least, I'm convinced that a certain inscribed scalene triangle (when drawn perfectly) squares its enclosing circle. And when a circle meets its square on a Cartesian plane, the geometry toy box loses a plane (its bottom).

Speaking of lost planes ... another interest may cause dust collection on the toy box: remote viewing. 8)

Like the diving duck in the pond by the cabin* in Visavuori ( http://www.visavuori.com/en/front ), peering under the RV surface may be a worthy distraction from the galloping objects on a Cartesian plane.

* On the main web page, the picture of the end of the peninsula shows two ferry docks to the left. :viking:
The cabin is located along this coast, easy walking distance from the docks.

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Ad Infinitum (design flipped)
"When circle meets square, geometry waxes loquacious."

Ad Infinitum - A Latin phrase meaning ‘to infinity’ or ‘forevermore’.
Who knew? There's another presence in the geometry. :kiss:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: Re: Ad Infinitum (re: patterns in the geometry)
"When circle meets square, geometry waxes loquacious."

Ad Infinitum - A Latin phrase meaning ‘to infinity’ or ‘forever’.
Who knew? There's another presence in the geometry (re: abstract angelic shape). 8)

:flower: Re: Ditto: PoP (new design, another convincing pattern)

"Ditto" refers to the Ad Infinitum design and to the "bottomless" geometry toy box. :shock:
"PoP" equals "Power of Patterns.

:bana: Ditto is a complex sample of the seemingly infinite number of patterns that can be found in squared circle geometry. Once belief is entertained that a circle can be squared, these many patterns confirm that belief and suggest geometric pathways for discovery of the "impossible".