World Views and moving forward

Please try to avoid religious or political subjects in this forum.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: World Views and moving forward

Post by Sandy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:14 pm

That was SO COOL!!!!
I couldn't help but watch a few others of that nature that came up... Here's one of them!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dLi_uE5l90

I can see your point...
Some alternative media have been warning that this technology
will be used to falsely convince us about ET arrival from space
(or government "agenda" events) ... so study closely. :roll:
It is hard to know what to believe... so how do we know the difference?
xxSandy
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Amigoo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:59 am

:roll: (the only thing political about this topic is how its public discussion has been so controlled)

Re: http://enenews.com/report-hundreds-of-m ... l-forms-of

Hmmm ... frozen and canned fish (by weight) may soon have the same value as silver ... or gold! :shock:

:idea: Plan B: This may be the perfect time for investment in fish farms (on dry land). ;)
Tip: Go for product quality/nutrition - there will be profitable demand! (IMO).

Rod :rambo:

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:36 am

Oh NO!!! This is devastating and not just for consumers... entire ecosystems are dependent on the salmon run every year. This will have far reaching effects!
xxSandy
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Sandy,

The fact (apparently) of the Pacific's demise and the continuing intense contribution of pollution from that unnamed source (for political correctness) hint that we're overdue for a Magisterial Mission ... to physically save the planet, unlike the spiritual rescues of the epochal revelations. :roll:

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:30 pm

We have been given such a beautiful world. It is appalling to watch it be dismantled by special interest for profit. I say the sooner the Magisterial mission gets here the better for the sake of Our beloved planet Earth!

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:21 pm

:study: Long story short ...

A recent upgrade to the phone system, in which I use a caller identification feature, is causing those whose phones do not send identification (phone number) to work harder to make the call ("Press 0 for this option, 1 for that option, or 2 for the last option" ... then do what's required). :roll:

After trying for hours to undo this new identification nuisance (by speaking to phone reps, trying online options, getting passed to other department, etc.), I began to suspect that this caller identification is tied to national security - the Powers That Be want to know who's calling you ... and wish to enforce protocol that includes such identification. With identification in the protocol, lines do not have to be tapped (or whatever). ;)

Anonymity is quickly becoming taboo this millennium.

Rod :stars:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: http://investmentwatchblog.com/british- ... -on-syria/

Hmmm ... a different version of the story. :roll:

Rod

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:51 am

Oh dear....I don't know what to believe? :roll:
xxSandy

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:44 am

Hmmm ... a different version of the story.
:shock: Apparently, governments have adopted (for decades) the practice of manipulating events
to create the desired public response/opinion, gaining support for (or limited resistance to)
strategic agendas. Not necessarily a problem - governments do what governments do. :roll:

:idea: The real problem (long term) is when mainstream media participate in the manipulation,
causing the public's loss of confidence in both government and media. To date, alternative
media have helped "set the record straight", but there's increasing effort to corral the
alternative voices, sometimes labeling such information as "fake news".

The current dilemma: What are the true sources of "fake news"? :?
"Caveat emptor" is now the necessary guidance for all news
... regardless of source. ;)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:22 am

Re: http://investmentwatchblog.com/new-cult ... omy-jeans/

:shock: This necessary tubular repository contains toxins 24-7 ...
and is filled daily! There are other options for stimulation. :roll:

Interestingly, such behaviors may promote population control
... and/or sale of condoms. ;)

:? More disconcerting: the URL abbreviation "... omy"
might be predictive allusion to "... colostomy".

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:25 am

Re: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/20/us/i ... nabis.html

“Second, it was April 20, an unofficial holiday of sorts for marijuana users. There have been disagreements as to why the number 420 has taken on significance in the cannabis community, but Steve Berke, the church’s media relations director, did not want to worry about that. 'It’s a number that everybody’s adopted, and we’re adopting it too,' he said.

The church closed its doors to the public after 2 p.m. local time, leaving only invited visitors, who were allowed to light up for a private 4:20 ceremony.”

:idea: Hmmm ... "420" seemed familiar:

"These marvelous spheres — seventy primaries and 420 tributaries — are often spoken of as the Melchizedek University." (35:3.1)
See also: http://www.theub.org/part-ii.html#P035_3

Regarding the ICC, this precedent may be significant (re: churches founded on consumables)
Holy Donuts! Pastry Paradise! Celestial Wings! :roll

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Mon May 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Re: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... s-10419403

:shock: "giant 'click farm' that uses more than 10,000 mobile phones to give product ratings and pages on social media websites phoney 'likes'."

Not to worry - "click farms" will be unnecessary when robots can do this ... and better, faster, etc.
However, in the future, "likes" may require voter identification (is a robot male or female?).

:idea: Therefore, here's proposed future identification of robots:
robot - male, robust - female, robin - infant, robex - divorced (or dead), robad - criminal ... :roll:

Rod :D

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Tue May 16, 2017 3:18 am

"What a world. What a world!" :shock: I think I was born in the wrong era... Why do we need likes anyway? I mean...aren't we all strong enough within ourselves to Not need a pat on the back for every word we type. Or can't products speak for themselves or we contribute and ponder product reviews. Seems to me in this fast paced world we are just a little too quick. But then...I'm an outright fossil. :roll: ;)
xxSandy

~ Chief Seattle ~

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain » Wed May 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Yes, a lot of my entertainment and even information comes form alternative media's found on YouTube. The automated likes and dislikes is concerning because of the complications it poses when considering public opinion. Aside form the demonetization "war" plaguing non-corporate channels on YouTube, tampering with the like/dislike ratio seems more then a psychological attack but another sly attempt to suade bias or promote products. I've also wondered if there are "Troll Bots" whose title indicates their obvious purpose. There's too much corruption to dig through the mud for this simple TX boy... What's wrong with having an opinion again? Seems a strange time we live in. Are we on the cusp of another great age? :scratch: My hope is to not get caught up in the hate or act like a monkey throwing its poop around.

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Thu May 18, 2017 3:07 am

Hi Eric,
You wrote:
My hope is to not get caught up in the hate or act like a monkey throwing its poop around.
Whew that's a toughie isn't it? Just ask my son who I got to talk to on Skype this morning. LOL It had been awhile and I think he had forgotten I could see his "eye rolls." ( I must say, they were well deserved a few times. LOL)

Anyway this "activist wanna be in my dreams" Mom is going to make an attempt to do better... :mrgreen:
xxSandy

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sun May 21, 2017 1:48 pm

Re: https://www.amazon.com/Magicjack-Versio ... B7CFMHR00S

An example of the many good values today for VoIP phones.
For some of these, free VoIP-to-VoIP calling worldwide! :roll
VoIP may be good phone backup if landline or WiFi is unavailable.

:scratch: What is VoIP? See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_over_IP

Notes: According to internet comments, VoIP audio quality may vary,
depending on VoIP adaptors, networks, and/or conditions. ;)
And pay-when-used is an option for some VoIP systems.

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Fri May 26, 2017 6:18 pm

:o Research on VoIP then led to research on tinnitus (go figure!)

Tinnitus may be the resulting changes to neurons in the brain associated with hearing, after hearing degradation (often caused by loud noises). And such neuronal changes may involve the neurotransmission chemcials Glutamate and GABA. These articles are a good starting point for considering brain-neuron-focused therapy to cure (or reduce) tinnitus; at least such research seems to be making progress in understanding this very complex tinnitus that affects "nearly 20% of the population" (re: ncbi article):

Re: http://news.berkeley.edu/2011/09/12/tin ... e-ringing/

"Experiments over the past 30 years, including important research by Merzenich, have shown that the brain is plastic enough to reorganize in this way when it loses sensory input." :shock:

"Hearing loss causes changes at junctions between nerve cells, the so-called synapses, that both excite and inhibit firing. His experiments showed that tinnitus is correlated with lower levels of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), but not with changes in the excitatory neurotransmitters."

Re: https://www.tinnitusformula.com/library ... -tinnitus/

"1. Glutamate and GABA These two chemicals account for 80% of brain activity. They work to counteract each other. Glutamate accelerates brain activity and GABA puts the brakes on it. Glutamate is excitatory and GABA is inhibitory."

"Nutritional support for Glutamate and GABA includes: the amino acids taurine, GABA and L-theanine, the antioxidants NAC (N-acetyl cysteine) and green tea, vitamins B6 and D, minerals magnesium and zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids." 8)

Re: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4396093/

"One of the current, prominent hypotheses of tinnitus development is that, after being triggered by peripheral injury, tinnitus may result from a maladaptation of the central auditory system to this peripheral dysfunction (Auerbach et al., 2014), and that one of the mechanisms by which this occurs is a decrease in inhibitory neurotransmission."

Re: http://www.newsmax.com/health/Dr-Blaylo ... id/484383/

"If you have had it for years, the chance for a cure is unlikely." :(

Apparently the reality, especially if neuronal plasticity is now the cause of ringing (audio neurons have adapted to the original cause). But this same plasticity may simply indicate that a cure is complex and slow to achieve, since audio neurons don't reconfigure quickly ... and how to nurture this reconfiguration is unknown.

Re: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017 ... rt-eating/

Wow! The brain's old neurons need a redo ... and the evolutionary brain is wired to this!
(probably while we're sleeping 8 of 24; less than 8 and we might not be stylin' up there) ;)

:scratch: If tinnitus is not corrected with such redo, this might imply that those neurons are now "keepers"
... or that the problem is occuring before those neurons cause the brain to hear this noise ... or ? :?

Rod ... :bike: ... (off to practice more 8 of 24) :roll:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Tue May 30, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... ort-530170
"When told that he would have to recite the alphabet backward, he confirmed that he understood the directions"

Say what?! The alphabet backward?! Not easy even when you're sober!
Forward: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Backward: z y x w v u t s r q p o n m l k j i h g f e d c b a

:cheers: But it's possible with this memory peg chain:

Z y x ! W e ' v e u t s h e r ! Q p o n m ' l a d y K a j i H o g ? F e d c b a !

Notes:
Z y x ! - exclamation meaning "shock"
w e ' v e - we have
u t s - verb meaning "to offend", pronounced like "nuts"
h e r - her
Q p o n - coupon
m ' l a d y - my lady
K a j i H o g - name, pronounced " 'Kah jee Hog "
F e d c b a - name, pronounced " Fed 'see bah "

Story:
Madam Kaji Hog, a lady of society, was accidentally ignored after being seated in the community's posh restaurant. Fedcba, her favorite waiter, yells to the staff "Zyx! ...", then rushes over to offer her a coupon for a free meal, whereupon she gushes his name and grabs the coupon!

It takes effort to learn this memory peg chain, but not as long as you might think!
And you'll be able to say "Zyx ..." upon request! even when not sober (some day ;-)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tands.html

"OKCupid saw a surge in the number of users wanting casual sex"

Entertaining topic, but ... an important lesson in media manipulation:
the graph shows a range only from about 4.8 to 6.2% for the year!

:scratch: Hmmm ... what's the opposite of "casual sex"?
Stay for breakfast in the morning? :roll:

Rod

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:21 am

:scratch: Hmmm ... what's the opposite of "casual sex"?
Stay for breakfast in the morning? :roll:
:lol:

~ Chief Seattle ~

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: http://investmentwatchblog.com/denver-d ... es-really/

"The 'Class 2' offenses, however, have no fine and are considered 'quality of life' offenses that mainly impact the homeless and migrants"

Watch your step ... in Denver! Hmmm ...
this legalization suggests that other acts by the h&m may soon be permissible.
... or maybe "quality of life" is a "new & improved" bar ( :roll: ) for legality.

Rod