Justice and self-healing

This forum is to discuss all issues regarding healing, EXCEPT REQUESTS.
aidebynature
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Justice and self-healing

Post by aidebynature »

Sorry in advance for my poor english. :)
I wanted to write a small musing about fairness, justice and harmony and how these concepts can be healing. I think that when we have kids, we want to teach them to treat others fairly. But I wonder how many parents teach their kids to treat themselves with justice as well? And how many of us adults are fair to ourselves being unfairly strict with ourselves, and how we think about ourselves?
I think this concept of self-justice is one of the most challenging things I need to learn, because I can be really awful to myself, even when I made my best effort to be a good person. I'm almost convinced this is my calling in this life, to learn to be strong and kind to myself that is.

Perhaps you can share some good tricks on how to be fair, kind and forgiving to yourself?
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Justice and self-healing

Post by happyrain »

Hi. No apologies necessary on your english, it's much better than mine and this is the only language I speak. :bomb

So... I have recently come to this understanding as well... I do wish to continue to hold myself to high standards... But the issue is more in being able to move freely from the self-restrictions and failures since there is undoubtedly many more failures to occur in this lifetime. Right now the best thing I *guess* I can do is practice telling myself it's okay.
The most important thing is to keep trying but to forgive yourself for your transgressions. Our heart's aren't always in it but with a little self help, patience perhaps... We keep going...

I am a firm believer you have to be able to do these things for yourself if you wish to execute them with sincerity in any given moment, for anyone else... I am lacking in this area so no real advice, just speculation.
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Justice and self-healing

Post by Sandy »

Hi Aidebynature,
You wrote:
I think this concept of self-justice is one of the most challenging things I need to learn, because I can be really awful to myself, even when I made my best effort to be a good person. I'm almost convinced this is my calling in this life, to learn to be strong and kind to myself that is.
I too struggle with this. Learning to love forgive and accept myself exactly as I am is one of my greatest challenges.

Idon't know why 've never thought to do this before, but I went on Google asking the question and here are a few URLs that might give us some help in this most important area...

https://psychcentral.com/lib/therapists ... -yourself/
https://www.fabhow.com/how-to-love-and- ... rself.html
https://www.wikihow.com/Learn-to-Accept-Yourself

There is a wealth of information on this topic so we share this problem with many people on this planet. Hopefully as we put into practice some of these ideas and exercises we will begin to feel better in our own skin. :)
hugs,
XXSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.