The Blue Island

Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

The Blue Island

Post by Geoff »

This is a relatively short chanelled book, the spirit author being W.T. Stead, a man of considerable significance in journalistic circles in his lifetime, and who died on the Titanic. It is his story of passing over and spending time in the transition zone, which he has called the Blue Island. The book is at its strongest, as it recalls his personal experiences, but at its weakest when he postulates on what lies ahead of him. It is probably the most comprehensive coverage of the transition zone that I have found. Interestingly, he did not travel through a tunnel of light, nor did he see any light immediately after his death on the Titanic. Also interestingly, he reports that all the dead travelled together in a group to the transition zone. This book can be obtained as a pdf. It was published in 1922.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

Good morning Geoff,

Thank you for posting this book...I'm about 1/2 way through it.

Very interesting, I very much enjoy reading peoples' descriptions of Home. I had wondered that if people passed away in large groups like that if they would all go Home together.....

Hugs,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

Hi Geoff,

That was great, are there more like this one ?

Thanks,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

blue nova wrote:Hi Geoff,

That was great, are there more like this one ?

Thanks,
Anne
Dear Anne,

Exactly like that no. But books worth reading - heck yes. Have a look at this page if you have not been there before My favourite Books I keep on adding the really great books I have found. If you have not yet read Murdo McDonald-Bayne, hes great too.

love,
Geoff.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Geoff,

I read that book that you have online. It was very enlightening. It makes sense to me that new arrivals to the spirit world would need to go to a transition sphere first. It would certainly lessen the trauma of the cross over. It must have been a great shock for the Titanic passengers to suddenly find themselves deceased. Thanks for providing the book for us.

Paul
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

Thanks for the list Geoff :D

Hugs,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

The author of that book truly deserves a credit.

Just for finding courage and securing permission to mention reincarnation.

Unbelievable. Considering that the year was 1922 with humankind much less prepared for this than is today.

The book also reveals that average humans spend a lot of time in the morontia before climbing high enough so that their former existences are revealed to them and the option to reincarnate is given.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear I-Am,

Well reincarnation is a VERY old notion, and the very first guy to write books about spirit communication was Alan Kardec, doing that in 1820 or so. In fact you go against the tide, when you state that reincarnation is false, as I am sure it is. Its however very commonly believed in, amongst those in the lower Mansion Worlds, as are of course, many other things that are wrong. Folks dont get truth right away, and they can even get teachers that teach falsely. In fact you don't ever get truth, if you dont actively search for it.

love,
Geoff.
lilaslight
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by lilaslight »

Geoff, it took me a little while to read entirely through this short book because I wanted to fully focus on it and absorb what it was saying. That done, let me say I enjoyed it enormously and am thankful to have had the opportunity to read it.
Thank you for the recommendation and for its availability for free download. I gained an important perspective from its pages. Wish there were more like it.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

lilaslight wrote: Wish there were more like it.
Well there are a few. I have most of those on this list Favourite Books As each book has a short description, you can soon see the ones about life after death.

love,
Geoff.
GREGORIOUS
Family

Post by GREGORIOUS »

Dear Geoff,
THANK YOU FOR THE LINKS ! ! ! !
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
;+) +Greg+ (+;
~~~There Is Only One True Path To Life~~~
~The Road That Leads To All, Leads To One~
oxoxoxo Help SomeBody Today oxoxoxo
xoxox Share A Smile With SomeOne oxox
Mathew
Busy Bee

Post by Mathew »

Hi Geoff,

I enjoyed reading that book very much!!! Thank you!!!

Love,

Mathew
Place yourself amidst an ocean of love and you will drift without effort to the land of your dreams.
Natalie86
New Friend

Re: The Blue Island

Post by Natalie86 »

I know that the last post to this board was some time ago but I just finished reading the book and am in need of someone to discuss it with me. Is anyone able to help?

I just finished reading "The Blue Island" last night and parts of it have quite frankly terrified me and put me into a state of high anxiety. I am talking predominantly of the idea that our every thought is recorded for us to be judged on at a later date. This has very much given me the impression of being watched at every second of my life in order to be held accountable later. Whilst I am fully prepared to be held accountable for my actions, as is only right because these impact upon others, I emphatically do not believe that we should be judged for our every thought. I am certain that we all have thoughts that we would never dream of acting upon, and it is surely only our actions in this world that are of value? I follow a lot of the principles of Buddhism because it fits my ideas about love and compassion, and in this Buddhist work we are taught to cultivate a positive mind in order to help others, however at certain times thoughts arise that I would never act upon. For instance when angry I might think mentally of hitting someone, but I would never do this in the flesh. Am I really to be judged because the thought came into my head? Some thoughts I have by no means represent my values and I am horrified that this work seems to consider thoughts and actions of equal merit.

Also concerning this book, I am very distressed by the writer's idea that a loved one who has passed can know our every thought of them and that thinking of them will immediately summon them to us. My father passed away very suddenly a few years ago and I have a degree of post-traumatic stress about this event. That my father would be summoned to me when I am very upset and that he would then be upset by my thoughts is very distressing to me. It has made me afraid to think about him at all.

Generally, as someone is emotionally hypersensitive, the ideas conveyed in this book have upset me a lot. Am I misinterpreting it?

Any comments would be appreciated.

With love and best wishes, Natalie
Geoff
Site Admin

Re: The Blue Island

Post by Geoff »

Dear Natalie,

I am somewhat familiar with the book, plus I have a great deal of familiarity with the subject.So I will try to help.
Natalie86 wrote:I just finished reading "The Blue Island" last night and parts of it have quite frankly terrified me and put me into a state of high anxiety. I am talking predominantly of the idea that our every thought is recorded for us to be judged on at a later date. This has very much given me the impression of being watched at every second of my life in order to be held accountable later. Whilst I am fully prepared to be held accountable for my actions, as is only right because these impact upon others, I emphatically do not believe that we should be judged for our every thought.
Yes every thought is recorded, and in fact that is what seems to create what is called the Akashic Record, which folks mistake for their own past lives when they chance upon it.
Natalie86 wrote:I am certain that we all have thoughts that we would never dream of acting upon, and it is surely only our actions in this world that are of value? I follow a lot of the principles of Buddhism because it fits my ideas about love and compassion, and in this Buddhist work we are taught to cultivate a positive mind in order to help others, however at certain times thoughts arise that I would never act upon. For instance when angry I might think mentally of hitting someone, but I would never do this in the flesh. Am I really to be judged because the thought came into my head? Some thoughts I have by no means represent my values and I am horrified that this work seems to consider thoughts and actions of equal merit.
One can distinguish between many types of thought. For example not all thoughts you find in your mind, are of your creation. They can be put there by celestials, as also deceased mortals, and also of course your Thought Adjuster (Indwelling Spirit). The fact that a thought is found in your mind is of no import. But that which you focus on, certainly is. It is for this reason that one can indeed be equal to a murderer, without ever physically murdering someone. And the results of these thoughts, are what make us who we are. But the universe is very benevolent. It's not out to "get" anyone. There is no such thing as a punishing God, its far more like the Buddhist view of karma - cause and effect. But there are outcomes, both positive and negative. Ultimately we are really thought generators, and as we grow spiritually, we create by the power of thought, so we need to learn to control that.
Natalie86 wrote:Also concerning this book, I am very distressed by the writer's idea that a loved one who has passed can know our every thought of them and that thinking of them will immediately summon them to us. My father passed away very suddenly a few years ago and I have a degree of post-traumatic stress about this event. That my father would be summoned to me when I am very upset and that he would then be upset by my thoughts is very distressing to me. It has made me afraid to think about him at all.
I am sorry to hear that. On-going and substantial grief by living mortals towards those who have passed is a real issue for those who have passed, and more particularly in the early days. You can read of the effects of that in the book "Through the Mists" - pg 28 and pg 149 and pg 158 by Robert James Lees, and quite recently ABC22 (Bzutu ) also issued a warning about that. If I had more time I would tell you the story about my mother, and my talking to her, and her complaint that she be left alone. But there is a very big difference between thinking fondly of one who has passed, and which thought they will enjoy, and being grief stricken, causing them to be pulled out of where they should be, to end up in the astral plane alongside "us"
Natalie86 wrote:Generally, as someone is emotionally hypersensitive, the ideas conveyed in this book have upset me a lot. Am I misinterpreting it?
Possibly. But you are the product of your thoughts, and after death this is absolutely plain to see. It is correct that you can send thoughts to people, and they will get them, particularly if they are "dead". But you need to distinguish between active thoughts, which is what I am talking about, and past memories of thoughts. Only those more advanced than you can access your memories, and they won't have this ability if they are in any way judgmental. You will not be able to access the memories of those more advanced. I gather one can still have private thoughts, as opposed to active thoughts that travel to the recipient, and almost have a physical character.

Here's a good message on the subject: http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.p ... 8&p=139609

love,
Geoff