The Urantia Book

Discussions of spiritual books
jimmyb222
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

The Urantia Book

Post by jimmyb222 »

I've just ordered this, can't wait to get it either!
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Good luck with it Jimmy.....

Actually, i need to purchase a new one, my daughter, two nights in a row has spilt a cup of milk on it, then tonight she dropped chocolate milkshake on the delicate pages... it's battered now..

Love Sarah
Claude
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Claude »

Dear nasra1996,

I think that she is jalous of the book. :lol:
I'm not shure but my cat look to be jalous when i read the book. :D and sometime when i am at the computer.

Just a thought.
What a son or a daugther of God desire and which The Father want, IS.
Thruth, Beauty and Goodness.
Claude.
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Yeah, perhaps your'e right Claude, she is jealous of me paying more attention to my book than to her.... :D

Loves... Sarah
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Mine nearly got sold in the 'Items For Sale At The Car Boot Sale' before my daughter did a double-take when somebody picked it out of the box with a curious: 'hmm, this looks interesting' look on her face!!
She grabbed it back and cried: "Erm, this is my mum's and I don't think she wants to sell it just yet!"

Good luck with it Jimmy!

Petra XXX
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Hey Jimmy,

I'm sure you'll love the book :D . Some people like to read it front to back, but I personally have preferred to check out the table of contents and just read whatever sparks my interest at the time...Happy reading...

Petra......I LOVE the avatar!..

love,
Daddy - O
Those who master their own spirit - are mightier than those who conquer a city.
jimmyb222
Old Friend

Post by jimmyb222 »

I just got home from a weekend away and its here! Can't wait to get stuck into it. :D
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Jimmy,

The Fellowship's free Topical Index is a great tool for random browsing - every reference links to the Paper which includes that reference. In fact, the entire book is included within the Index, but most readers prefer to have a printed copy as well.

The Index can be used online or can be downloaded for offline use:
http://urantiabook.org/downloads.htm
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Consider reading Paper 119 in the weeks ahead. The reason will become obvious in December.
jimmyb222
Old Friend

Post by jimmyb222 »

Ok Amigo, I'll check that one out first!
~*Star_Struck*~

Post by ~*Star_Struck*~ »

I read little bits of the UB at a time.. i find it quite hard to understand sometimes.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Hello Amigoo
Consider reading Paper 119 in the weeks ahead. The reason will become obvious in December
We're near into March 08 now.....?????

If something was obvious to you,,,,please let us know????

In love and light
pp
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
spiritualgal
New Friend

Urantia Book

Post by spiritualgal »

My nephew who will be turning 17 in December just picked this book out a couple of weeks ago. I have read some parts of it. My nephew has been having a lot of visions the last few weeks and this book is what drew his attention when we went to the bookstore.
Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Urantia Book

Post by Geoff »

spiritualgal wrote:My nephew who will be turning 17 in December just picked this book out a couple of weeks ago. I have read some parts of it. My nephew has been having a lot of visions the last few weeks and this book is what drew his attention when we went to the bookstore.
Dear Spiritualgal,

Well it sounds like he is meant to read it. I hope he's a good reader.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
U-RANO
Old Friend

Parallels of two greatest books

Post by U-RANO »

I began reading the Urantia book in 1979 while I sought with desperation for a book about astronomy (the impossible quest) that could tell me the arrangement of the universe in its totality, from above. In the Shrimad Bahagavatam I found that in a way and I had read it in parts since 1979(before Urantia) but because it was written more than six thousand years ago , and before modern technology, I felt it was over my head. Now that I read both megabboks, I am getting much more clear, and more confirmed since both do speak of the same things, with only some names changed .

Krisnaloka is "paradise", being the center of all things and surrounded by billions of spiritual planets. The Thought adjuster is called "paramatma" or supersoul, and and its description is the same, indwelling and being the guide
and its goal is to merge with its human counterpart. The main goal of the SB is to love God with all your heart, and all your mind and all your might.
Spirit, mind, soul and body.
Furnish your House, Nourish your Body, Cleanse your Soul, Educate your Mind, and then Realize your Spirit.
Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Parallels of two greatest books

Post by Geoff »

U-RANO wrote: The main goal of the SB is to love God with all your heart, and all your mind and all your might.
Presumably that accounts for that being the focus of many Hindu?

love,
Geoff.
U-RANO
Old Friend

Re: Parallels of two greatest books

Post by U-RANO »

Geoff wrote:
U-RANO wrote: The main goal of the SB is to love God with all your heart, and all your mind and all your might.
Presumably that accounts for that being the focus of many Hindu?

love,
Geoff.
Yes. According to what I remember about the SB, it was mainly for the busy people (family work etc) written in very simple form; and stories almost like fairy-tale form, yet expounding the deepest wisdom, and making it interesting all the way, since it was the characters within the story that would speak wisely, yes even the so called "bad guys".

Then there is the Ramayana, and the Yoga Vasistha (two more profound and multi-volume amazing greats)

For one who seeks facts, wisdom, and sipirituality, few books can compete with this manual for us. The urantia book.
Last edited by U-RANO on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Furnish your House, Nourish your Body, Cleanse your Soul, Educate your Mind, and then Realize your Spirit.
gjambor
Old Friend

UB CHAPTER 34

Post by gjambor »

Recently, I have been working on my meditation with the Akashic Construct, That CD is awesome. I want to communicate with my Thought Adjuster. I have been studying chapter 34 of the UB . The information contained in just that single chapter is amazing ! Lately all my thoughts have been on this subject . the 111s have been showing up everywhere! I usually see 111, 11:11 5:55 night and day. I see 6:06, the number of our planet every day.
The other day I was reading Cosmic Voyage in a pdf form, the text size came up 111%. Then I was reading the news about a 111 year old reptle that had become a first time father. The next article I pulled up was about a bill the 111th congress was voting on. In one day I saw atleast a dozen numbers that I know were shown to me.
The reason behind all this rambling is this: The things you think about on a daily basis are what will manifest in your life. Someone is happy I am trying to contact my Thought Adjuster! That someone is ME!

God bless you all,
George
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
Mahatma Gandhi
Robert
Busy Bee

Post by Robert »

I am posting my account here because 11:11 people have "eyes to see" and "ears to hear". Many others don't, including many fundamentalists in the Urantia Book community.

The Human Reception of Part IV

Quite by coincidence, I met the man responsible for bringing the Life of Jesus narrrative, the precusor of Part IV of The Urantia Book, to the Sadler group. I met him in 1986, when I had become very spiritually activated and was attending Spiritualist Churches in several cities close to mine. I lived in South Bend, Indiana, at the time, which is within two hours of Chicago. He invited me into his home, and was the person who first told me about The Urantia Book. In his 90's, he had been a locally known psychic healer in his younger years, and very religious as well as metaphysical and active in local Spiritualist Churches. He never charged money and told me an example of his healing work. He had felt a lump of cancer disappear under his fingertips, as he was praying for a person. I visited him several times. I went to him, one day, when I had a serious illness. He touched my back and told me the exact diagnosis, word for word, that a doctor would tell me later.

Every evening, this man would shut himself in his bedroom, turn off the lights and do what he called "sit in the silence". He did this at the same time, every evening, religiously. He had a typewriter in the room, for business purposes. One evening, one key on the typewriter began to slowly tap, tap, tap, continuously. Being a very accepting man, he didn't take much notice of it. The tapping continued every evening during his meditation. One evening, there happened to be a piece of paper that was left in the typewriter, from earlier. The typewriter did more than tap one key, this time. It started to produce the whole page. Again a very patient and accepting man, he didn't react to this phenomenon, but merely took out the completed sheet of paper and placed it face down, without reading it. The next night, he was sure to put a new sheet of paper in the typewriter before meditating. Sure enough, another page was produced. He placed the sheet face down on top of the previous sheet. This continued every night for a lengthy time. Oh yes, after one full page was finished, the typewriter would resume slowly tapping one key, again. It took a long time, of this slow one page per evening pace before the man thought of putting a second sheet of paper in, possibly after his meditation. At this time, the volume increased greatly. The man fed paper into the typewriter, I'm not exactly sure, possibly day and evening as long as he or his wife feed paper into it. As a large stack of finished sheets grew, the man still never read any of it. The final sheet off the typewriter was rather unusual. The only thing on the sheet was three concentric circles. This was perplexing as, of course, there is nothing on the typewriter that could make such a symbol. Also, I believe that he told me, very faintly because it is so difficult to believe, that the words on the pages were handwritten, not typewritten. I think that his wife also saw this, or tried to tell me this, also.

The man verified that this all happened according to the dates given in The Urantia Book. In early 1935, shortly after the manuscript was completed, the man got a knock on his front door. Two men were at the door. One of them showed him the symbol of three concentric circles, and asked for the sheets. Seeing the same symbol, as on the last sheet, the man immediately complied, giving them the manuscript. The two men left without so much as a "thank you" or telling him who they were. There was snow on the ground, so this agrees with the February 1935 date. The location was within 100 miles of Chicago, in Northern Indiana. I assume that the two men were Dr. Sadler, and Bill or someone else, and that the Midwayers told them the location of the manuscript.

The man, in 1986, told me the reason for the one year delay. He said that the Midwayers were so uncertain and apprehensive about their updated version of Jesus' life, that they actually filed a case against themselves, to get a higher judgement. It went all the way to the Superuniverse court. The Ancient of Days handed down the order that it was not only allowable to present the history, He ordered them to do it. This story agrees with the known story about the one year delay.

Years passed, decades passed, and the man felt very bad, thinking that a great work had been lost, and would never be seen again. He regretted not having read it, and not keeping it. Then one day, after almost twenty years, in 1955 he happened to see a large blue book with the three concentric circles on the title page. He bought it and shut himself in his bedroom, day and night, until he had read the entire Urantia Book. At first, he thought the entire book had been done on his typewriter, but later realized that it was only Part IV, the Jesus Papers. He, of course, became a big Urantia Book supporter and had a study group at his home, ever after. It was still going when I met him, but there was only one other person attending it. This other person had been very loyal, and traveled a long distance to go there. He was scheduled to take ownership of the typewriter, when the old man passed on.

There were some other happenings associated with this. The man was offered several wishes, by his "Invisible Friends", as a reward. He didn't want any reward, but asked for things anyway. Shortly thereafter, as part of one of his wishes, he witnessed a Transport Seraphim at his home. He verified that it had the appearance of what looked like "wings", but were not actual wings. Perhaps this would mean wings in a folded position. Evidently this man had fairly good contact, over much of his life, with Midwayers, including seeing some of them, at times. He was given a long ride in the Transport Seraphim.

In the spirit of the policy about "the sleeping subject", I am keeping secret the name of this Part IV man. But there were others who knew about this phenomenon. They thought that he was responsible for the whole Urantia Book, I believe. Most of them were members of Spiritualist Churches, and therefore were not directly involved with the Urantia community. Evidently, this information never got circulated to the greater Urantia community.

Note: There is a report from Bud Kagen, about his talk with Bill Sadler as reported in the Fellowship Timeline, that Part IV was done on a typewriter. Perhaps many people think, from that report, that Part IV was done on Christy's typewriter. However, if that was true then everyone would know exactly how Part IV was produced. Dr. Sadler's history states clearly that Part IV was handwritten. The main story is that the manuscript was found in a vacant office. I submit to you that the Midwayers and the Revelatory Commission would never leave such an important document in an empty office, subject to being taken by the office owner, cleaning or security personnel, or stolen in a break-in. Perhaps Dr. Sadler wanted to keep it a secret, if there was a second subject.

Robert Teeter

George,
I see, from Anatomy, that you also traveled by Transport Seraphim. When you have time, maybe you could describe what the "wings" are. Are they something like a bay door, opening and closing to let the human inside?
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Robert,

Yes very few people know that book four is a different product, and I suspect was perhaps the reason why the celestials nearly stopped the project, and wiped it all from the participants memories. Not that this book is not useful, it is, but according to my sources it was incomplete, and completed by making up stuff. If that is true, its a very serious charge.

A question. Are you reporting someone else here, or are you saying you knew this guy?

take care,
Geoff.
Robert
Busy Bee

Post by Robert »

Geoff,

Oh yes, it is my account. I visited the man several times. So, it is easy for me to see how true his story was.

I would like, very much, to know what your sources are, about Part IV. I've never heard anything about what you said.
From what I gathered, the material that the man received was larger than the final version of Part IV. So, I assume that the Forum discussed the material, and it was shortened.

Larry Mullins, and others, find the idea of a second "subject" creditable.

Bob
Geoff
Site Admin

Re: reply

Post by Geoff »

Robert wrote:I would like, very much, to know what your sources are, about Part IV. I've never heard anything about what you said.
From what I gathered, the material that the man received was larger than the final version of Part IV. So, I assume that the Forum discussed the material, and it was shortened.
Ah ha, well that makes it very credible. I will give you my source, but it is an assumption on my part that Part 4 is the most altered bit. But that assumption is based on some three or four different mediums, receiving that Joseph died after the crucifixion. One of the sources was Joseph himself, another Jesus, who states that one can interpolate the Bible to infer that to be the case. One way and another it is irrelevant, except that if it was made up, its a pretty serious thing. You can understand that we went to some effort to figure out if "our" sources were right, or the Ubook.

http://new-birth.net/contemporary/hr47.htm

http://new-birth.net/contemporary/ar38.htm

But there are some suspect passages in the first three books too. Stuff we suspect Sadler added. Tiny bits, but annoying all the same. Probably responsible for the Forum's attitude to "channeling"

Please do not use this information to start a "war" on any Ubook sites. These things achieve nothing.

love,
Geoff.
Robert
Busy Bee

Post by Robert »

Geoff,

Thanks for the references.

Sounds like you have been involved with mediums for a long time. Is that fairly popular in Australia?

From what I've seen, Australia seems to be a more spiritual country.

I don't get onto the usual boards. Too many people with email rage. I'm glad you keep your's well policed.

Bob
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Robert,

I have personally uploaded to the web what must be approaching 8000 channeled messages. But most of these originate from the USA, and I have a big circle of friends there.

Take care,
Geoff.