Beyond the Himalayas

Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Beyond the Himalayas

Post by Geoff »

This is a book written by Dr Murdo MacDonald-Bayne. It is the story of his many months travelling across Tibet, being taught by the masters of the masters. It is part travelogue, part explanation of the amazing powers that these adepts possess, and part a spiritual book. Just a most amazing and fabulous book, the more so because Dr Mac was himself a very spiritual man.

What has amazed me is that it seems the masters of the masters to a man have moved beyond Buddhism. They revere the Master (Michael) are in contact with the spirit world, and know that reincarnation is false. What amazed me even more was to read in this book the precise explanation that George and I came up with as regards the Dalai Lama and his "past life memories". (I found a reference in the Ubook that suddenly seemed to apply, and George got confirmation in a message that it did apply to the Dalai Lama.) As soon as I get the chance I will extract parts of this book to add to my own book on reincarnation.

The book can be downloaded as a pdf from this site:

(link now gone)

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
daysee
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Christ in Tibet

Post by daysee »

Hi Geoff, I had downloaded the pdf of Beyond the Himalyas and also the Yoga of the Christ last yr. and they both had just knocked me off my feet, I couldn't get enough. After reading them both periodically details of the books kept sorta creeping into my thoughts and dreams. Then one day (I know this all may seem quit trivial to you) but I couldn't find my copies, and needless to say quite upset....I went on line to see if I could get it there and I found Them both, two books in One Volume called Christ in Tibet. I have to say it is one of my most proud possessions and I just keep finding or I should say keep learning more and more each time I pick it up, It is an amazing read I do agree. I just purchased Autobiography of a Yogi and have gotten so far to chapter 11 and this one also proves to be a good read...
love Daysee
When old things seem to be breaking up...new things are breaking through....
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Those books sound fascinating, i just saved them on my desktop for a later date.. i can't read them yet, i am STILL, :( still reading the Urantia book.. how long does it take to get through this book with it's never ending pages... it's gonna take me to the end of the year... i'm so slow....

Love Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
daysee
New Friend

Post by daysee »

Hi Sarah...I started the Urantia Book 3yrs ago and still reading it :) but in between other reads..Actually I think the book is a read that you will always have a reason to pick it back up, so informative. :wink: I love the section on Jesus..I do read that over alot too
peace
daysee
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Actually I think the Ubook is a read that you will always have a reason to pick it back up
Coz it's the never ending book that's why... i've been turning them pages for years now, and i still seem to be at the beginning of the book... s'not normal i say... :scratch: :cry:

((((Hugs))))

Sarah

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
daysee
New Friend

Post by daysee »

Sarah,It's normal, don't fret. I think we all know that its a never ending book :wink: :P That's why I read other books in between those times I need a change in reading.
peace and love
cathy
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Thanks dear Lilly... :) I will stick with it... determind to finish, it seems to give answers to my many questions, i must have spent years and years prior to this forum, obsessively searching in books and the web, for answers to who or what 'the gods' were, depicted in cave wall paintings and eary religions, etc... it is all explained cleary in the Ubook, the cellestial visitors, for example the Planetary prince and his staff came to visit and teach early man, before Adam, this is how worship of many the gods had it's origins... that is, if i'm correct...fascinating...!

Okay i'm trespassing on Geoff's thread.. sorry, take care..

Love Sarah xxxx

Smiley24
Family

Post by Smiley24 »

Hi all,

I can't wait to read this book! I love spiritual books and travelogues, so if Beyond the Himalayas is both, I'm sold!

I love to go onto this message board and make a shopping list of books to buy (or get from the library). Now I just need to make time to read them all!

Love,
Smiley
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey- Stephen Covey
atsguy
Family

Re: Beyond the Himalayas

Post by atsguy »

Amazing book, i just finished it today! The books masters of the far east really gave me some new ideas on the potential that we all have, i think Murdo Mcdonalds is definitely in that category.
”Most of all, because we have seen and lived so much of what was wrong, we know so much better what is right.”
http://1111angels.net/old_files/E_Archives/list268.htm

1) http://theimmortalpath.com
2) https://new-birth.net
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

I have just finished reading this book. Only 128 pages, but it took me 3 days. I was constantly having to force myself to slow down and let the words of the "masters of the masters" sink in.

Geoff nailed it when he said these masters have moved beyond religion. This is the core of the book, in fact. The idea that Truth, or what is Real absolutely cannot be expressed in words or dogma.

Here is a quote from the last page of the book:

"This present book has been written mainly for enlightenment---not that you will find
Truth in any book. It is to be found only within yourself and by yourself; no one else can give
It to you."

If I were to use one word to describe the book, and again, Geoff nails it, it would be "fabulous". The author and his nameless friend walk all over Tibet and visited the masters of the masters, which involves WALKING over mountain passes whose tops have hurricanes blowing across them. So the book is a combination of descriptions of the incredibly beautiful landscape of the Himalayas blended with the wisdom of these sages. These individuals have the ability to do things like levitate their physical bodies and fly, go anywhere instantly in the astral plane, sit in sub-zero temperatures on a mountain pass and have their bodies generate so much heat that they melt the snow around them, materialize and dematerialize physical objects at will, tie thick bars of steel into knots using only their hands, and so forth.

Jesus is quoted all throughout the book and I found it interesting that the Tibetan masters of the masters refer to him as "the Master", capital M.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hello John,
I too loved this book. It moved me in ways that still shape and direct my footsteps. Have you read the next book, "The Yoga of the Christ?" It is every bit as awesome as the previous, "Beyond the Himalayas."
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Sandy,
You said "...it moved you in ways that direct your footsteps". I think I have to say the same thing. I haven't read The Yoga Of The Christ, but I'll do it. I do have Divine Healing Of Mind And Body, by the same author and am going to read that. :!:
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hey John, I haven't read Divine healing of Mind and Body but I believe that is the book we gave Geoff a year ago for his birthday. Please let us know what you think of it.
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

OK Sandy, I'll give ya the rundown. It should be good. Apparently Dr. Murdo MacDonald-Bayne, M,C,, PH.D., D.D. was, at the time, the only outsider ever to be allowed to study with the Tibetan masters of the masters. All others were turned away, but this man was actually requested to come. Quite impressive. I have learned that after the book was written in the early 1950's the Chinese invaded Tibet and destroyed all but 12 of the 6,000 monasteries which existed at the time. The Chinese military used them for target practice. I don't know how many were rebuilt, but MacDonald-Bayne may still be the only outsider ever allowed in to those sacred places.

I am presently involved with reading "The Spiritual World & Spiritual Life, by Fred Rafferty, copyright 1922. It is 259 pages of conversations which were had with a "circle" of spirits and were channeled through automatic writing by Fred's sister. Does anyone have any background info pertaining to Rafferty or his book?