Book on Soul Growth

Discussions of spiritual books
Budgie

Book on Soul Growth

Post by Budgie »

Dear friends

I don't believe I have ever posted here. But recently I have come across a book that reflects the spiritual values and practical approach to life's challenges as presented by the 11:11 United Midwayers. For that reason, I write this in the hope that others will be blessed in the same way.
This book is:

"Edgar Cayce on Soul Growth" by Kevin J. Todeschi, ARE Press, 2005

This book has brought many insights to me personally into my life's journey, soul experiences and relationships. Here is a short excerpt:

"In addition to service and love, qualities that prompt soul growth include consistent application; establishing spiritual ideals; developing the will; positive human relationships; personal attunement; selflessness; and cultivating virtuous traits such as patience, forgiveness, understanding, and tolerance.

The flaws and weaknesses pointed out as leading to soul retrogression and failure include self-gratification; self-exaltation; selfishness; intolerance and condemnation; indecision and laziness; creating contention, oppression and strife in the lives of others; holding grudges or seeking revenge; and being too material minded. Negative traits also include such attitudes and emotions as spite, stubbornness, self-pity and resentment." (page 9)

"Edgar Cayce on Soul Growth" provides a concise summary of case studies and life readings given by Edgar Cayce (1877-1945) and gives one of the most accurate descriptions of a soul's purpose in earthly life (in MY view).

It supplements the information given in the Urantia papers (Urantia Foundation, 1955) which describes our relationship to the divine, our relationship to our universe (Nebadon) and the greater cosmos, as well as our relationship to our planet and our fellow man.
[ The Urantia papers can be seen online at: http://www.urantia.org ]

Love all ways
Budgie

Moderators of this message board reserve the right to "moderate" messages on this mb.

God bless....
George.