Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Letters from the Light

Post by Geoff »

Letters from the Light
Written through the hand of Elsa Barker.
This amazing book was first published in 1914 under the title "Letters from a living dead man." It was republished in 1995 by Beyond Words Publishing - ISBN 1-885223-08-0. This book chronicles the experiences of a spirit in it's first year. There is an amazing ring of Truth to much that is explained, even though I do not accept reincarnation as true. It is one of the best explanations of life after death, and the spirit describes many things that are undoubtedly true, even though he was in some cases too inexperienced to put these experiences into the correct context.

I have created a pdf copy of the portions of this text which are in the public domain. In fact this is one more letter than that in the book.
Last edited by Geoff on Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Helen W
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Helen W »

This is indeed a wonderful book and one I'd recommend too.
Veronique
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Letters from the Light

Post by Veronique »

Geoff wrote:Letters from the Light
Written through the hand of Elsa Barker.
. . . There is an amazing ring of Truth to much that is explained, even though I do not accept reincarnation as true.
Hi Geoff,

I liked what I read in the pdf you linked us to and wanted to read more so I got the book. I just started reading it (I'm on letter 21 out of 53) and I just had to ask your thoughts regarding this reincarnation thing.

With everything else that this person talks about - which is quite amazing - why do you suppose reincarnation is such a reality from his point of view on the other side?

I am no longer questioning whether reincarnation is true or not, but how it fits in and still comes up as a fact coming from a person who has moved on to the next reality (unless it is simply still part of his belief system)... I don't know. I guess my question is why do you think he still believes so much in this "rhythm" of going in and out of [earthly] lives? Or from what you do know, what could be making that reality true for him?

Your post goes back many moons, so I'm not sure whether mine here will even get noticed, but just in case... I'm curious. (Anyone else with a theory please feel free to "jump in" with your comments. :D I'm interested.)

Thanks.

Love,
Véronique