Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Life on the Other Side

Post by Geoff »

Sylvia Browne ISBN 0-7499-2182-X

I bought this book because someone commented that my own summary of life after death was very similar to Silvia's. Perhaps, I would say. She has a lot more detail than I have, yet in my view, less structure. But it is a good book.

She is a supporter of reincarnation, and her view of hell is I think less than credible. But, it's always intriguing to find a supporter of reincarnation accepting that there are dark places and dark entities. Because if karma is to be worked out on earth, it makes no sense that there are any dark places in the next realm. I think what we are seeing is the reality of the next realm is slowly causing the classic view of reincarnation to crumble. And in it's place we get these hybrid theories.

I was particularly sad to see her view of the seventh sphere, especially since, IMHO, that is the narrow path we must all negotiate. She does not currently plan to go there, but does say she might change her ideas. Methinks her TA is clashing with her spirit guide.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
angel1111
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by angel1111 »

I always admired Sylvia Browne...She was a guest on a show (that I don't like that much ) a few times....It was incredible....
And I like the way she interacts with people.

Geoff,where can I buy your book? CAn't wait to read it.

Angela.
snow_wolf11
Busy Bee

Post by snow_wolf11 »

I was fortunate enough to see Sylvia in person last Spring in Seattle, she was really great to wathch up close and personal. Only thing was, she reiterated so much of her books, and what I already knew, it didn't leave much time for her to do readings, and for open talk. I have read this book too, I must say I learned some very important new things, I agree with alot of it, and I have to form my own opinion on other ideas too. (such as Hell) Not sure what I think about it still....

I'm going to see hear again (this time in Portland, Oregon) next February. I can't wait :tongue: :roll

love
Snow
George
Angel in waiting
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by George »

Dear Angela,
Geoff,where can I buy your book? CAn't wait to read it.
Good news and bad news.
Its free, and its really a booklet.

Getting the Hell Out of Here

Geoff, visiting George.
George
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intent is ALL that counts
CherBear
New Friend

Post by CherBear »

I try to watch her every week (she's on the Montel Williams show every Wednesday). I'm a big fan, and have read some of her books, as well. I may be wrong, but I think she always states there is no hell on the other side and that hell is right here on earth!

Maybe I should go back and re-read the books I've read so far.
angel1111
New Friend

Post by angel1111 »

Thanks Geoff ! :)
Well whatever it is a booklet or book I am sure I will enjoy it..so for me it's not bad news :wink: :D

Snow,
hey :tongue: back to you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lucky you :tongue:

but there has been so much controversy as whether it's true or not that she has this ability :?:
what do you guys think?

ANgela.
George
Angel in waiting
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by George »

Hi Angela,

Well, based on this particular book, she has a lot of detail. I would have to say she has a great ability. I don't happen to agree with everything she writes, but its generally a minor twist rather than a total disagreement.

Sylvia does claim there is a hell, in fact she has two types of hell in this very book. In my view she is most confused in this area. I have to assume her guide Francine must also be confused. But I was happy that she did not dispute there is a hell at all.

Much love,
Geoff still at Georges.
George
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intent is ALL that counts
angel1111
New Friend

Post by angel1111 »

Hi Geoff still at Georges :lol:

When I saw her at Montel Williams Show (Thanks CherBeear couldn't remember the name) I was most impressed.
Liked her right a way.
Well About " Hell" or "Heaven" don't know much about it and don't really know what to believe but hey if there is a " Heaven " why not "Hell" I would say....

I read some of your booklet and found it very interesting.
You write very well Geoff.
I found it intriguing how you describe the after life and this movie came to my mind "Made in Heaven" with Timothy Hutton and Kelly Mc Gillis.

I'm looking forward reading the rest.

Bye,
Angela.
Ricecakes111
New Friend

Post by Ricecakes111 »

this was actually the book that started my spiritual journey. I think most of what she says is the first thing Ive read that actually just made sense. Plain and simple. Give or take a few things, I think the basic outline is there.
I did see her on Montel once, and was rather unimpressed when she forced a reading. She had told the woman that her friend had been shot, in the chest, and the woman was like no, hes alive, and she was like OH i meant shot with emotion......she was reaching...but other than that, she seems credible....

Love and Peace