Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

The Lovely Bones

Post by Geoff »

By Alice Sebold ISBN 0-330-48538-5

Just a fabulous book. Ideal to give as a present to someone you would like to nudge along a bit.

It is a story about a young girl who gets murdered, by a serial murderer. She tells the story from heaven, but this is one of the best. The author really knows her stuff. Even a case of possession later in the book, is in my view, credible. Not sure if it would be "allowed", but it is credible. This book has nearly sold 1m copies. Lets hope it keeps going. Also surprising to me, is no attempt to weave in reincarnation. Most of this sort of book do seem to do that, but not a peep here. A welcome change.

Much love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
CherBear
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by CherBear »

My sister in law read it and highly recommended it to me. I think I'll have to take her up on her offer to borrow it. I'll let you know what I think.
mizzi
New Friend

the lovely bones

Post by mizzi »

I loved this book, it is so unusually written. She is a great author. It was one of those books that gets handed to you, I probably wouldnt have picked it up for myself!
Mizzi
starchild
Busy Bee

Post by starchild »

I read this book as well and was deeply touched by the story.
Em
Busy Bee

Post by Em »

I read this last year and was very surprised by the story line and how well written it was. It was one I'd picked up just on the spur of the moment. It was very touching.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.