Eckhart Tolle

Post by Meghan »

Hello friends.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Some books I've found to be extremely healing in the past month are:

The Power of Now
Stillness Speaks
A New Earth
- all by Eckhart Tolle. I understand his inspiration for The Power of Now came from A Course in Miracles

A Course in Miracles (I saw this is already listed)

Living in the Light by Shakti Gawain

The Path to Love by Deepak Chopra

On Relationship by J Krishnamurti

Peace and Love,
Meghan
"The mind is of God's very essence and is not separated off from God's essentiality, but is united unto it as light to sun."
Gai*11
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Gai*11 »

Hello dear Meghan, I think Eckart Tolle is really great! I have 2 dvd's by him.., only saw one of them as I lent it out to my sis, gotta get those back..,wonderful what he teaches and how he teaches. I like what he says about becoming in the moment, like a flower just is in a state of becoming., in that silence, and how beautiful it is because it has no 'thoughts' that seperate it from natural reality!

And Krishnamurti is my all time favorite guy.., read several of his books when I was a teen.., kept me sane, as he was one of the clearest person's, and to the point teachers I have ever heard. I just recently got him on dvd, too.., not long before he died>Wow! What a profound experience it is listening to him!

Thanks Meghan! :D
Love,
Gai
The neverending heart begins again forever...
Meghan
New Friend

Post by Meghan »

Hi Gai!

I would love to get these dvd's! I haven't heard Tolle's voice yet. I'm glad it's a good one. Yes, I am so glad to have found his books when I did. I was in a bookstore and saw 'Stillness Speaks', so of course, for stillness being in the title, it's the first I picked up. What a little gem. Like George says about "ringing your truth bells", Tolle does that for me.

Thanks for the feedback. It's good to hear these books have brought you comfort too.

Peace and Love,
Meghan
"The mind is of God's very essence and is not separated off from God's essentiality, but is united unto it as light to sun."
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Hi Gai & Meghan,

Now there is a name I haven't heard in about 15 years (Krishnamurti). When I was about 18 I bought his book "think on these things" - and although I've moved countries several times since then, the book is right here on my shelf :D . I think it's time to revisit Krishnamurti. Thanks for mentioning him :D

love,
Daddy - O
Those who master their own spirit - are mightier than those who conquer a city.
blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

Hi Meghan & all

Wow...almost all of those books are on my list !! :wink: I'm almost done with Eckhart's "A New Earth.." I couldn't put it down..I cannot wait to read more of his books !!

Slowly making my way through the ACIM and I'm looking forward to reading Krishnamurti too and while I'm at the bookstore I'll have to check out Living in The Light by Shakti Gawain.

Thanks Meghan
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
Meghan
New Friend

Post by Meghan »

Hi Anne and Daddy-O!

That's great you'll be reading a little Krishnamurti after all these years, Daddy-O! I will look for a copy of the book you mentioned. He's got a lot!

Anne, isn't, 'A New Earth' great? I've taken up daily yoga (found Krishnamurti in the yoga bookstore) and took a meditation seminar last Saturday. In my bag was 'A New Earth'. Across from me, a woman took notes leaning on her own copy of 'A New Earth'. 8) I approached her after class. Tolle was also bringing her a lot of comfort.

Peace and Love,
Meghan

P.S. I began to read of bit of 'Course of Miracles'. I haven't even come close to finishing the UBook and now this? Oh no!! :lol:
Gai*11
Busy Bee

Post by Gai*11 »

hey, dear DaddyO, that so funny, "Think on these things" is the same one that has showed up in old boxes for me, too! Haha! Yeah, its a great One!!

Love,
gai
The neverending heart begins again forever...
Meghan
New Friend

Post by Meghan »

Hello Friends.

I have now read 3 books by Krishnamurti. I am so inspired by him. Wow.

All the love,
Meghan
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Meghan wrote:Hello Friends.

I have now read 3 books by Krishnamurti. I am so inspired by him. Wow.

All the love,
Meghan
Dear Meghan,

He was a very clever man, and wrote some great stuff. But I was truly saddened to find he did not believe in the existence of God.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Meghan
New Friend

Post by Meghan »

Yes Geoff. For a man who believed relationship was integral to life, he seemed quite isolated from relationship to me - that is from God anyway. He was quite a teacher though.

Much love,
Meghan
Jennifer43
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Jennifer43 »

Just wanted to pick up this topic again in connection with ACIM and the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.

I love The Power of Now - it's one of my all time favourites books and really turned my life around. I didn't know that Eckhart Tolle got his inspiration from ACIM, which I'm reading at the moment. However, I didn't know anything about ACIM at the time of reading The Power of Now so wouldn't have made the connection. Now, of course, it makes perfect sense!

The chapters of ACIM I read last night were all about the present moment (the Now) and how the past does not exist. I remember thinking "this is so like Eckhart Tolle's teachings - I must go look at The Power of Now and read what he says".

Then I come here today and read that ACIM was his inspiration! I love these little connections and how it all seems to be leading me somewhere wonderful.

:sunflower:
Jennifer
"Your outer journey may contain a million steps; your inner journey only has one: the step you are taking right now." Eckhart Tolle
Jeremy Christopher
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Jeremy Christopher »

Thanx, Jennifer, for reviving this topic! :)

The Power of Now has such a simple yet radical way of transforming our everyday lives that I had to contribute a response here..

To not place judgement on anything and to accept All That Is as being All That Is [lol] is basically what I got out of this book. Just like Pure Awareness displayed by animals, we too can live in harmony with the rhythms of our Universe and discard every unnecessary aspect of "Old Humanity" to move into the new Perception of Now.

It's true that time is illusory and what we have forever is Right Now. Thank God for Eckhart Tolle and his wonderful book[s]!!
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

Hi Meghan,

I'm reading " Living In The Light " by Shakti Gawain....awesome read ! :D

It ended up falling in my lap...literally :wink:

Hugs,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

Hello Jeremy Christopher....I'm not sure if I welcomed you to the site..

Welcome to the board :hithere

Geoff wrote:
Dear Meghan,
He was a very clever man, and wrote some great stuff. But I was truly saddened to find he did not believe in the existence of God.
love,
Geoff.
So he never acknowledged any higher source at all ? Did he believe in a Heaven or life after physical death ?

That kinda boggles my mind.

Hugs,
Anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear Anne,
So he never acknowledged any higher source at all ? Did he believe in a Heaven or life after physical death ?
I cant say for sure, as I have not read all his books, but I have his book "On God". It was a long time ago I read it.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi There,
Anyone who is interested in Eckhart Tolle, you can listen to parts of his speeches on youtube. He is a wonderful man.
lilly
joshua291185
Family

Post by joshua291185 »

just finished "a new earth" the other day. very well written and useful information. i feel that his idea of the "pain body" is similar to what don miguel ruiz would call the "parasite." also other authors i have read have touched on this subject. tolle's approach makes it easy for the reader to understand and deal with the "pain body"

love, joshua
Seamus
Old Friend

Post by Seamus »

Hi Joshua -

I was out & about with my son this past weekend and he spotted a bookstore having an 80% off sale, so of course we HAD to go in. I picked out a few different books for myself, among them (coincidentally), Tolle's A New Earth. Haven’t started it yet, but I already read The Power of Now which I really liked, so I’m looking forward to this one.

Peace,
Seamus
Jen611
New Friend

Post by Jen611 »

i recently started reading " A new Earth" Im doing the Oprah book club, Its interesting and confusing to me. I was reading it last night, and I had an "AHA" moment ( as Oprah would say) on page 111. I chuckled at that.
ChildofGod
Family

Post by ChildofGod »

He's my hero..lol! I think he's really funny too!!

Liz :D
Let us reclaim our crowns 👑 as Children of the most high and sit on our throwns in the Kingdom of Heaven 🪽 😇
wings
Angel in waiting

Post by wings »

I joined the Oprah club to, and signed up for the Monday online class for "A New Earth". My "AHA" moment came early.. Pages 56 and 57..though there might be more to "AHA"s to come. I'm enjoying the book, but can only read a chapter in one sitting.. I need time to digest, and think about what I read.. I go back and read all my underlining later.. It makes more sense the second time around.

The book is confusing, but I think they expect that.. Part of the Oprah "homework" was to highlight passages that had special meaning to us, then use another color, and highlight passages that were confusing, probably to help us understand them better..

I'm looking forward to finishing the book, and joining in on the class..

Oh..I just realized, page 56 = 11! I know that's a stretch! :lol:

Love,
wings
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow".
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Everyone,
In one of Eckhart Tolle's dvd lectures he describes how people criticise things, The curtains don't match, the colour scheme could be better in the room, the food is bland, I've paid a lot of money to come here and it's too noisy, this particular lecture was at Findhorn. It was very interesting and it really makes you able to recognise that part of yourself. 'I should have stayed home' 'I expected more.... Lol This really helped me to become aware of this human mind thing..... Some people get really dramatic with it and other people seem to be constantly trying to balance them out instead of being in the 'now'. Imagine what peace of mind we would have if we just stopped any negative thought in its tracks. So glad I came here this morning and thankyou everyone for your help.
Love lilly xxxxxx :D
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
ChildofGod
Family

Post by ChildofGod »

lilly wrote:Hi Everyone,
In one of Eckhart Tolle's dvd lectures he describes how people criticise things, The curtains don't match, the colour scheme could be better in the room, the food is bland, I've paid a lot of money to come here and it's too noisy, this particular lecture was at Findhorn. It was very interesting and it really makes you able to recognise that part of yourself. 'I should have stayed home' 'I expected more.... Lol This really helped me to become aware of this human mind thing..... Some people get really dramatic with it and other people seem to be constantly trying to balance them out instead of being in the 'now'. Imagine what peace of mind we would have if we just stopped any negative thought in its tracks. So glad I came here this morning and thankyou everyone for your help.
Love lilly xxxxxx :D
I AM living in the "NOW"...it's wonderful!! So many people can't be happy with their lives...if there's trouble in their lives and they dwell in it..it only doubles up their worries. I let everything go and live my life day to day.

Let us reclaim our crowns 👑 as Children of the most high and sit on our throwns in the Kingdom of Heaven 🪽 😇
ChildofGod
Family

Post by ChildofGod »

BTW He's such an adorable character Mr. Toile. His had a cute voice too!! He REminds me of my Mentor Thoth...lol.

ssjenn
Busy Bee

A New Earth

Post by ssjenn »

As a medium struggling with the Ego portion of message work I found a New Earth to be the push that allows me to be a clearer channel for Spirit. Before I would insist on putting my interpretation on the messages (Ego) now I just give what I get.

A hard book to get through but well worth the read. It is not a weekend book!

Love and light,
Jennifer
You are all that you need to be.