"Our deepest fear"

Discussions of spiritual books
Veronique
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

"Our deepest fear"

Post by Veronique »

This is for ALL of us, especially those of us who are insecure or who lack self confidence; or who have low self-esteem, which I think is nothing other than a lack of self love.

I just finished watching the movie "Akeelah and the Bee" and in there, I was blown away by these words which I then typed into the Google search bar on my computer. This link came up: http://skdesigns.com/internet/articles/ ... pest_fear/

I AM buying this book.

Our Deepest Fear

by Marianne Williamson from A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

This inspiring quote by Marianne Williamson is from her book, A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles, Harper Collins, 1992. From Chapter 7, Section 3 (Pg. 190-191).
Véronique
A Learner
New Friend

Post by A Learner »

Veronique,

Thank you for sharing that.

It seems that the energy of this site and the angel/celestial messages that are shared here, begin to help us recognize the strength in ourselves and the ability, one person at a time, to share that message. First to ourselves as we recognize the learning taking place, and then to our "brother/sister" who are a reflection of us.

Together we share in learning as God shares love/energy with all things.

" All Learning is Remembering "*

That book is now on my "to get" list.

God Bless,

A Learner
"The true teacher maintains his intellectual integrity by ever remaining a learner" UB 130:3

"The happy learner meets the conditions of learning here, as he meets the conditions of knowledge in the Kingdom" ACIM 14: 2.7.7
Veronique
Busy Bee

Post by Veronique »

Hi Learner

I think what blew me away even more when I found the author of that quote is the fact that it somehow was the result of A Course in Miracles. That was the last thing I expected to come out of a movie. Why? Perhaps because changing our world's "mentality" to bring about true world peace is such an awesome task that it truely seems quite unatainable - until this chain of events trickles down the line.

For example, say a person watches the movie, is also touched by that powerful quote, goes on the internet like I did and finds the author, then finds out it was somehow inspired by reading this book A Course in Miracles, the person asks "what's this? I've never heard of this book," then the person finds him/herself compelled to get their hands on this book... so on and so forth...

I've recently purchased the Urantia Book; I have talked about it to my kids and they are full of questions; one of my daughters is quite fascinated - she goes from church to church and still somehow finds there is still something missing... but she is not a reader so I was a bit worried if I was to hand her a copy of the U Book. As I was looking up this book with the Our Deepest Fear quote, I found another one that had totally escaped me the last time I checked out amazon.com; it's a book for beginners.

An Introduction to the Urantia Revelation (2nd Edition) (Paperback) by David Bradley (for those who are interested, and the reviews about it sound quite promissing)

I'm getting one for her and one for myself because I need to understand it myself before I can speak about it informatively with others (the Ubook is such a massive collection of information). One thing led to another and there I was, handed yet another book in answer to my prayers (her birthday is coming up and I was just today wondering what to get her).

Anyway, if it is like you said, that "all learning is remembering", then I forgot quite a bit and I need to learn it all over again to trigger that "remembering" part. :D
Véronique
A Learner
New Friend

Post by A Learner »

Veronique,

The description you made of "a person", is a lot like my experience. I was given a copy of the Urantia Book, by my then girlfriend, and my adventure began. It was several times attempting to understand it, over an extended period, before things began to come together in this journey of reading and learning.

I really smiled when I read your post. I truly think this is the method for us to, one by one, be guided by various paths and sequences of events, to become more spiritually aware.

God will find a way to answer our requests for guidance in multiple ways, The promptings of celestials is one of those avenues that will bring people together for good, like it has on this site. As you can see, I have only been here for less than a year. The spiritual journey and spiritual lessons learned have been fantastic for me.

Note: I find that I don't have to believe, on a physical or material level, everything I read. The overall spiritual effect of the journey/adventure of this is so gratifying that I'll leave judgment of the total truth of it all to a later time when I have a broader perspective. For now, I LOVE the changes it has been making in me.

May you, your daughter and total family find goodness in your journey!

God Bless,

A Learner

PS: I have the names of several other books that deal with the concept of "Remembering" who we truely are. If interested you can let me know. However, it appears you have quite a lot to do for now in the reading area. I love that quote. I wish "Now" I could remember where I found it. LOL :oops: :lol:
"The true teacher maintains his intellectual integrity by ever remaining a learner" UB 130:3

"The happy learner meets the conditions of learning here, as he meets the conditions of knowledge in the Kingdom" ACIM 14: 2.7.7
Veronique
Busy Bee

Post by Veronique »

PS: I have the names of several other books that deal with the concept of "Remembering" who we truely are. If interested you can let me know. However, it appears you have quite a lot to do for now in the reading area. I love that quote. I wish "Now" I could remember where I found it. LOL Embarassed Laughing
I'm interested! I may have so much reading lined up that I'll be going cross-eyed, but I'm always up for a good book, especially in this "department." :D and thank you ahead of time.
Véronique
A Learner
New Friend

Post by A Learner »

Veronique,

The books that come to mind are:

“ The Power of Now “ by Eckhart Tollee

“ A New Earth - Awakening to your Life’s Purpose “ by Eckhart Tollee

“The Disappearance of the Universe “ by Gary R Renard

These books I mentioned on another thread here on Spiritual Books called “the keys of enoch”

I've recently finished this series of books by Ken Carey that may also interest you:

The Starseed Transmissions
Vision
Return of the Bird Tribes
The Third Millennium

Gary Renard was also influenced by “A Course In Miracles” . He has a new book out that I just ordered and have not read called “ Your Immortal Reality “ His books are an easy read as are those of Eckhart Tollee.

God Bless

blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

WOW.. thanks Veronique for this post and link, haven't read it yet but I have been pondering that very same thing for a couple of days now.

Thank u too A Learner for your suggestions.
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
Veronique
Busy Bee

Post by Veronique »

Thank you A Learner for those book titles; I'll definitely check them out.

Hello Blue Nova :D
Véronique