Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Discussions of spiritual books
Daddy - O
Family

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Post by Daddy - O »

Has anyone else read this book? What did you think?

I'm about half way through it, but I must admit, I do not comprehend about 20% of the book - many of its intellectual/philosophical contents are beyond my current level of understanding; although, I'm really enjoying the book and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel which I believe is titled "Lila."

Wanting to learn more about the book and author, (Robert Pirsig) I stumbled upon a website that has photos that relate to his book. I also saw a comment posted on the site by a "Geoff," Is this from you Geoff? I was happy to see your name on the site and it brought a smile to my face :D . I have a hunch this was you :wink:

For anyone who may be interested in this book, do not let the title: "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" fool you. To enjoy this book it is not necessary for you to have a prerequisite knowledge about motorcycles.

I personally feel some strange (familar) connection with this book and author.

Happy reading :study:

love,
Daddy - O
Those who master their own spirit - are mightier than those who conquer a city.
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey Daddy-O, I saw this new book in the library some time ago, and the title intrigued me, but I didn't pick it up...

Maybe I will now?

Pet XXXX
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Hi Petra,

I believe the book was actually published around 1974. I remember seeing it at a book store back around 1991 - however I was turned off by the title...and until just recently, I hadn't seen or heard about it.

A couple weeks ago, I was at my physical therapy appointment and as I walked past the magazine rack I glanced down and saw a book turned on it's side settled deep into the wooden shelf. I turned the book right side up, and there it was. The book was definitely out of place; the only literature on the shelf were medical pamphlets and the like. I began reading it during my 20 mins of electric therapy for my Achilles Tendon, and after my appointmment, I ask the physical therapist if I could borrow it -- she let me have it :D .

It's a very interesting book...I hope you like it. It's one of those books that I'll probably read several times in the next few years, and hopefully as time passes, I'll be able to better understand some of the concepts and ideas that are discussed throughout the story.

love,
Daddy - O
Those who master their own spirit - are mightier than those who conquer a city.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Post by Geoff »

Daddy - O wrote:Wanting to learn more about the book and author, (Robert Pirsig) I stumbled upon a website that has photos that relate to his book. I also saw a comment posted on the site by a "Geoff," Is this from you Geoff? I was happy to see your name on the site and it brought a smile to my face :D . I have a hunch this was you :wink:
Dear Daddy-O,

Its possible. I have a feeling I read that book, but I don't recall anything now.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.