Inspiration

Discussions of spiritual books
blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Inspiration

Post by blue nova »

Inspiration by Dr. Wayne Dyer, wonderful book !!! He talks about separating from the ego and living in the "spirit".....It's made a profound impact in my life....If you have a chance to watch Dr.Dyer on PBS I would recommend watching him too.....

Anne
Em
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Em »

I'm about three quarters of the way through listening to the audio book of Inspiration. What a wonderful book, I agree. Living within and following through with all that inspires us... its certainly a wonderful way to bring yourself into 'being'. Being happy with your life, being happy within yourself. I'm looking forward to finishing it and hearing the rest of his teachings. He, himself is an inspiration!

:P
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Skye
New Friend

Post by Skye »

I saw the Inspiration series on PBS. It was wonderful. I'd also like to read the book...and Wayne's Meditation book "Getting In the Gap".
"Synchronicity Is God's Handwriting" ~ Marianne Williamson
Em
Busy Bee

Post by Em »

May I ask what PBS is? Its not familiar to me.... I'm presuming it is a TV show??? Would anyone know if there is an internet version of it???

Thanks... :colors:
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

A.K.A Public Television here in the States. Not sure if they have a site :scratch: I get it on the satellite.

Anne
Last edited by blue nova on Mon May 29, 2006 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Em
Busy Bee

Post by Em »

oh ok. Thanks for that Anne. Appreciated. I shall do a search and see what I come up with.

:D
Skye
New Friend

Post by Skye »

Em wrote:May I ask what PBS is? Its not familiar to me.... I'm presuming it is a TV show??? Would anyone know if there is an internet version of it???

Thanks... :colors:

http://www.pbs.org/

Public Broadcasting System. It comes out of Seattle for us...although I live in Canada. Sorry. I forgot that this is such a "worldly" website.

I love PBS for it's educational programs, Food shows, etc. It's the reason why I have cable television.
Em
Busy Bee

Post by Em »

Oh I see... I don't think even on cable we get it here but I shall check. Thank you and thank you for the link also Skye. I shall check it out now.

Peace

:D
lilaslight
Family

Post by lilaslight »

I am an avid reader and I buy a lot of spiritual/new age type books. I also actively seek enlightenment through meditation.
I don't know much about Wayne Dyer other than his book and the accompanying CD entitled "Getting Into the Gap". I was very disappointed in it and found it to be a total waste of my money and I very rarely, if ever, have said this about any book, particularly in this subject area.
Of course each person is different and I suppose it is possible somebody somewhere might gain something from it but that is my personal review and opinion. (Basically all the entire book says is to meditate with the Lord's Prayer by focusing on each word and then mentally falling back into the space between words. The CD repeats exactly what the pages of the book spell out.) Save your money on this one unless you just love Wayne Dwyer and have plenty extra cash you want to get rid of.
Skye
New Friend

Post by Skye »

Wow. Thanks for the tip. I was saving my money to buy that Wayne Dyer CD.
lilaslight
Family

Post by lilaslight »

I'm glad both of us didn't have to make the same mistake. If you are looking for a book with a CD that has a guided meditation, I could recommend John Holland's Psychic Navigator. Book has plenty of good information for the beginning to intermediate person interested in enhancing their spiritual connection and the CD has 2 good guided meditations to balance and open your chakras, etc.
For a more traditional religious approach, such as Wayne's little trick using the Lord's Prayer, I much prefer a similar small book/CD by John Edward, the psychic medium. His roots, unlike mine, are Roman Catholic so he finds it helpful to achieve higher states of meditation by reciting Hail Marys and using a rosary. This method was not the way for me personally, being I do not have the Catholic background and the standard words were not natural to me. However, I have greatly enjoyed and benefited enormously from all John's other books so I was interested in anything he had to say. If you come from that religious base you might get good results from it but otherwise I'd suggest John Edward's other guided meditation CD's for meeting your angels and guides which was the very first step for me on my path.
If you have high speed access to the internet, on Hay House Radio's website you can listen to Wayne Dyer and many other varied authors or new age type lecturers such as Doreen Virtue for FREE.
Lila's Light
Airmid
Old Friend

Post by Airmid »

Try here:

http://www.drwaynedyer.com/

He is amazing, isn't he? I love to listen to him talk almost as much as Joseph Campbell...

http://www.jcf.org/bliss.php
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.

~Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
Skye
New Friend

Post by Skye »

Thanks so much you guyz. I was also raised Catholic, but I'm afraid that if I listened to more than 10 Hail Mary's, I'd probably fall asleep instead of meditating. Hee. :wink:
Skye
New Friend

Post by Skye »

Airmid.

I just sat here and read the entire "Follow Your Bliss" comments and the Antarctica was the best one.

What a great link. Thanks for the inspiration!