"My Grandfather's Blessings" and "Kitchen Tab

Discussions of spiritual books
Airmid
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

"My Grandfather's Blessings" and "Kitchen Tab

Post by Airmid »

Working with people with cancer and hospice patients I found these books to be enlightening, joyous, uplifting and thoughtful. A lot of the "fear" of death and the process of dying can be diminished by the stories in these two books and even if you aren't dealing with these issues in your life, the stories help you to take stock of your life and to maybe look at things in ways you never thought of...it's a collection of stories, each one not more than a page or two long, so they are very easy to read...I may have a tear in my eye after reading some of them, but I also have a smile on my heart...

http://www.rachelremen.com/

I think one of the best reviews of "Kitchen Table" was this:

"I loved Kitchen Table Wisdom. It is a beautiful book. When you read this collection of stories, you will find yourself pausing to remember holy pieces of yourself, when you were awed by the Great Mystery, and glimpsed humanity's relationship to divinity, or felt a deep soul connection with another." - Jean Shinoda Bolen, M.D., author of Crossing to Avalon

And for "Grandfather's Blessings":

"This lovely book, like its author, is itself a blessing. Where some doctors treat symptoms, Dr. Remen heals souls."- Rabbi Harold S. Kushner, author of When Bad Things Happen to Good People

Light and Love!

Airmid
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.

~Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
Morning Light
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Morning Light »

Thanks for that one Arimid,
I have a friend who bought several Kitchen Table Wisdom's to give as christmas presents. She loved it too.. I'll have to keep it in mind!
Love
Morning Light
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.