Through the Mists

Discussions of spiritual books
Angelgirl
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Through the Mists

Post by Angelgirl »

Hi everybody, I'm new here! My name is Jacquelin. I thought that I'd tell you about one of my favorite spiritual books called "Through the Mists" which I reproduced into an ebook form. It was written in 1898. It's a life after death book based on a true story about a young fellow looking for the gate of heaven. There are actually 3 books to this series, and this is the first one. I really enjoyed this book because it gives a daily account of his adventure!! And surprisingly enough, it's very close to The Urantia Book teachings, which is also another favorite of mine. You can find "Throught the Mists" at
http://www.revealingthesilence.com/ttm.html
There's also a free ebook offered on this site called "The Life Beyond" that is also fascinating. Who ever decides to read these books, I hope you enjoy them just as much as I do!! :D
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Hi Jacquelin,

Welcome to our board.

I will be keen to read that book, and there were quite a number published at that period. I also have created ebooks of some.

Love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Hi Jacquelin,

Well the Ebooks I created I offer for free, and sadly I don't think US$18.50 is a low price for an ebook. I would pay that price for a printed copy, but not an ebook. Which is sad. Given that the book is long out of copyright, and in the public domain, it surprises me.

love,
Geoff.
Last edited by Geoff on Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angelgirl
New Friend

Post by Angelgirl »

Geoff,
Thanks for your reply. It's not about the price of the book to me, it's about the quality of the information that it contains. I put a lot of work into reproducing this book so that the readers can have a better understanding of what is said.

I considered offering this ebook for free as is my other one but, I have been guided by the spirit in this book to offer his extraordinary books to our world as you see it on the site and that includes the price. This information needs to get out. As I noticed in one of your other posts, you're familiar with The Urantia Book. This book closely aligns with it. Please do not make a quick judgement on this material before you read it. I think you would agree with me once you've read it.

Thank you for welcoming me to your board!! :wink:
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Hi Jacquelin,

Well I have found a second hand copy, and bought it. Its not the first time I have bought a book on recommendation. And I am building a pretty good library of hard to find spiritual books.

I won't get it before January, but then I will be able to comment. I consider myself quite knowlegable on the next realm, and you can read the results of my studies here Getting the Hell Out of Here

Here is a free e-book, which is a book I currently consider one of the best on the next realm, although it has nothing about progression etc. Spirit World

love,
Geoff.
Last edited by Geoff on Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Angelgirl
New Friend

Post by Angelgirl »

Thanks Geoff, I'll read Spirit World when I get the chance.

Have a Great Night!!
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Angelgirl wrote:Thanks Geoff, I'll read Spirit World when I get the chance.

Have a Great Night!!
Ah ha, its only 3:20pm DownUnder.

Have you read Astral BrideGroom? I am intrigued that it apparently is about reincarnation, and includes some proof of the falseness of that belief. This is another topic I am very interested in. I just bought that too.

love,
Geoff.
Angelgirl
New Friend

Post by Angelgirl »

Only 3:20pm? Sorry about that lol. You must be almost a day ahead of us here in Canada. I'm only 1:26 AM on Dec 3rd.

I have not read The Astral Bridegroom yet, but you are right, it does explain about the falsehood of reincarnation. The "Through the Mists" book series also touches on this subject. You can find that in the second book "The Life Elysian". Something else that you may be interested in. I have a 5-page manuscript that the author wrote explaining about how these books were written. It is a fascinating piece to read. If you would be interested in reading it, let me know. I would be happy to send it to you.

Love,
Jacquelin
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hi Angelgirl & Geoff, sorry to interrupt, but I love books like that. Any others I could get from good bookstores, or Amazon?

Am savouring the Urantia Book at the moment. We have no TV anymore so I'll have plenty of hours this Winter to read...
abdhi
New Friend

Post by abdhi »

Dear Geoff,

I just finished reading Getting The Hell Out of Here.

I enjoyed it very much. As I have enjoyed all of your writings. Thank you. I am very grateful to have teachers such as you in my life.

With love...Wendy
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Hi Everyone,

I must admit, I was very interested in this topic. Then I noticed that Geoff discovered that the e-book would cost $18.50. Still interested, I searched a few online bookstores to see if I could find a second hand copy...with no luck. I then decided to visit the site:
http://www.revealingthesilence.com/ttm.html

This site reveals that you can become an Affiliate, promote the merchandise, and receive a 50% commission on referred sales.

I did a little more searching, and discovered that these books are available online in PDF format (for free :D ). Here are a few links for anyone who is interested in these books.

"Through the Mists" at: http://www.jhardaker.plus.com/pdf/Throu ... 0Mists.pdf

"The Life Elysian" at: http://www.jhardaker.plus.com/pdf/The%2 ... lysian.pdf

"The Gate of Heaven" at: http://www.jhardaker.plus.com/pdf/The%2 ... Heaven.pdf

Here is an Index of these books and others: http://www.jhardaker.plus.com/pdf/

Jacqueline wrote:
...As I noticed in one of your other posts, you're familiar with The Urantia Book. This book closely aligns with it. Please do not make a quick judgement on this material before you read it. I think you would agree with me once you've read it....
I haven't made a judgement about the material. I can now read this Spiritual information for free :wink: .

love,
Daddy - O
Those who master their own spirit - are mightier than those who conquer a city.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Angelgirl wrote:Only 3:20pm? Sorry about that lol. You must be almost a day ahead of us here in Canada. I'm only 1:26 AM on Dec 3rd.

I have not read The Astral Bridegroom yet, but you are right, it does explain about the falsehood of reincarnation. The "Through the Mists" book series also touches on this subject. You can find that in the second book "The Life Elysian". Something else that you may be interested in. I have a 5-page manuscript that the author wrote explaining about how these books were written. It is a fascinating piece to read. If you would be interested in reading it, let me know. I would be happy to send it to you.

Love,
Jacquelin
Hi Jacquelin,

Thanks, but I already found that extract explaining how the messages were received on the web.

And Daddy-o,

Thanks for that. I don't yet know why that site calls the author Leys, and all others call him Lees. Sure makes searching harder.

love,
Geoff.

Love,
Geoff.
abdhi
New Friend

Post by abdhi »

I have read the first four chapters of Through the Mists and I am really enjoying it! Thanks for the link Daddy-0!

With love...Wendy
abdhi
New Friend

Post by abdhi »

And thank you Jacquelin for bringing the book to my attention!

With love...Wendy
Copykitty
New Friend

Post by Copykitty »

Thank you for the info on the books and thank you for the link to the free ones. I have found that money is not eternal so I don't waste much time in the pursuit of it and so I don't have much of it. So I very much appreciate the free books.

Love to all,
Kim
Just LOVE. LOVE is everything!!
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Geoff & Wendy, you're very welcome...I'm glad I was able to find it, because like Geoff said, it took a little more searching than usual :D .

Hi Kim,

You brought a smile to my face and a wonderful feeling to my soul, when I read:
...I have found that money is not eternal so I don't waste much time in the pursuit of it and so I don't have much of it...
I feel the same way :D .

love,
Daddy - O
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Haha, I read in the Urantia Book yesterday, something about Jesus saying: "money cannot love!" It rings a lot better than "money can't buy love". My opinion.
Petra XXX
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Hi Guys,

I have now read Astral BrideGroom, and will review it separately.

Love,
Geoff.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Got my second hand copy of Through the Mists yesterday. I have read 50 pages, and so far I would rate it a classic. I willl keep you posted, but I am very optimistic.

love,
Geoff.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

I've just downloaded Through The Mists now, and want to thank Daddy-O aswell! Cheers mate,
Love always, petra XXX
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Sounds great Geoff...please keep us posted.

You're very welcome Petra.

love,
Daddy - O
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hello All !!

I just read the first 11 pages of Through the Mists. It is an excellent read so far. I really enjoy the way he relates his experience.

Daddy-O you are awesome thanks for the links.

Love
Sherry
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Morning Light wrote:Hello All !!

I just read the first 11 pages of Through the Mists. It is an excellent read so far. I really enjoy the way he relates his experience.

Daddy-O you are awesome thanks for the links.

Love
Sherry
Well I am up to page 100, and sorry I have limited time. My comment so far.

This is very accurate at a spiritual level, e.g. the various explanations of spiritual laws. Some have been better explained here than anywhere else I have read. I loved an explanation of Justice vs Mercy, and how we get mercy on earth, because none could survive divine justice. But in the mansion worlds justice is applied without mercy.

But I am uncertain of the extent to which one should take any experience in the morontia realms as "the only way" things happen there. So take the "scenes" as one possible outcome, would be my advise.

What I am saying is he describes some amazing beautiful things that happen, but I would expect that some folks would not experience those things. Also, it is very wordy, probably the style 100 years ago, when folks had lots of time to read, and expected their authors to paint magnificent word pictures. It also makes a lot of reference to the Bible, and this will be great for Christians who know their Bible, but would naturally leave others stone cold.

I just read a chapter explaining how it is that so many chanellers chanell untruth. I thought it very good.

love,
Geoff.
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hello Geoff,
Thanks for the bit of warning. I don't take much of anything literally these days. There are so many levels to understanding the realms beyond earth, or as you might say Urantia. I'm of the current opinion that we experience the level of understanding that we are currently capable of, not that it is ever the full Truth, which I believe always stretches beyond our physical comprehension. The only belief that I hold as the 'absolute truth' is Love and how might I incorporate it in each situation.

Also Geoff, I seem to remember your talking about reincarnation and whether or not we experience it. I just wanted to say that a while back I read the book "Seth Speaks" channeled by Jane Roberts. Seth speaks about how 'time' is not linear but all happening now. Like books in a library all containing different times, places and experiences but all in existence now. I have to say that my physical mind has a hard time with this concept but his words made sense to me. He said that we are actually living many lives all at the same time. That we are multi-dimensional beings existing in several times, places and dimensions at once. Some aspects of us have become highly evolved as in our I AM presence and other aspects are still working on mastery of certain lessons. He said that we choose what life we want to focus on 'consciously' as it is the most important in the evolving process of the whole. In this way he explains that both ideas are accurate to a point... one life and many. This was very interesting to me because, on many occasions, I would have dreams about everyday lives of people... rather boring and pointless stuff I thought. Often they spoke a different language, which I understood until I became 'conscious' in the dream and could not understand a word of it. Seth explained that sometimes our 'other lives' bleed through into our consciousness. He said that the key is to become conscious of all aspects of ourselves and become One.

Quantum physics is now proving that the same object can exist in different places at the same time and as one object evolves so does all other aspects of it. Rather mind blowing stuff. I think we are living in a truly exciting time. Perhaps science will soon discover something that will rock the foundation of what people thought they knew and 'we' the 11 11'ers will be able to fill in some blanks for those who might become fearful and anxious.

Well I'm going to spend time with my grand-son today.

Wishing all great Love and Light.

Sherry
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

I said
Perhaps science will soon discover something that will rock the foundation of what people thought they knew and 'we' the 11 11'ers will be able to fill in some blanks for those who might become fearful and anxious.
Oops! I'm being told that perhaps my part is to raise my consciousness and awaken. This simple act will ease the transition for others.

Te! He! Thanks guides, you keep me humble and on track. I Love You with all of my heart and soul.

Sherry