Forgiveness of sins...

Discussions of spiritual books
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Forgiveness of sins...

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hi everybody,
For years I've had feelings of guilt and could hardly forgive myself for some of the things I've done. Granted, I was very young, but you still can't help feeling awful. I knew the moment I looked at the Urantia Book that it was very special. This morning I read the part on Sin, Sacrifice & Atonement. Part 10 was especially helpful to me, I had to read it three times to let it completely sink in. I have been feeling so peaceful today. Quiet and peaceful, and for the first time in years, my shoulders aren't so hunched up.
The first part is quite complicated. Can I ask if one has to read it from page 1 to 2097? Or is it alright to read, say, Part 4 first, then go back to the complicated stuff?
Love always XXX Petra
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Hi Petra,
Can I ask if one has to read it from page 1 to 2097? Or is it alright to read, say, Part 4 first, then go back to the complicated stuff?
It is completely up to you. Many times I just scroll down the table of contents and when I see a topic that interests me at that particular time -- I turn to that paper and begin reading. Use whatever technique works best for you. There is no wrong way to read the UB. I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the book :D .

love,
Daddy - O
Those who master their own spirit - are mightier than those who conquer a city.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Hi Petra,

And if you don't like one section, don't bother, is my advice.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Tulia
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Tulia »

Hi Dear Petra!

That's great that you found solace in that section of the UB. I'll bet you'll find that happens many many more times as you read what appeals to you.

As for how to read it, well, Daddy-O said it for me. I read what pops out at me. That always has some effect for me. I've been reading it for a long long time and I think it is quite likely that I've read it all - every page. But, I don't know for sure because I never read it cover to cover. Maybe I will someday - knowing me probably socially in a UB group. Hee, hee!

Love,
Tulia
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello Guys, thanks for your answers. I like to read it next to the fire, now that the evenings are longer, I have more time. It's a very comforting book. I love it to bits...
Love always, Petra XXX
Alexander
Busy Bee

Post by Alexander »

Hello Petra!

When I first started reading it I read its parts with the following order: part 2-3-1-4.Now, I usually open the book at a random page.It is amusing to see at what page you migh fall! :wink:

Really, there is no right or wrong way to read it or a correct order.As Daddy - O said, it is up to you!

Love,
Alexander
It is literally true, "melody has power a whole world to transform." Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits. Harmony is the speech of Havona.
- UB, Paper 44, 1.The Celestial Musicians
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hiya Alexander, thanks for that! Every time your face pops up and one of my kids are next to me, they ALWAYS ask: "Is that my cousin???" he he he :lol: (sometimes I answer, yeah!).
I am savouring the Jesus papers like it's a fantastic novel. Which, of course, it's much more than...
Love always, petra XXXX
Alexander
Busy Bee

Post by Alexander »

Hiya Alexander, thanks for that! Every time your face pops up and one of my kids are next to me, they ALWAYS ask: "Is that my cousin???" he he he Laughing (sometimes I answer, yeah!).
Lol, Petra! :lol: Well, I think they are quite right, don't you think?I mean, all of us are more close to each other than what we think!

Love,
Alexander
It is literally true, "melody has power a whole world to transform." Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits. Harmony is the speech of Havona.
- UB, Paper 44, 1.The Celestial Musicians
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Funny! I was gonna write that at the end of the post I wrote yesterday, but decided not to. Wish I had now, :)
I was also thinking that today whilst at work and I was feeling so good and loving, (sending these feelings out etc) and noticed that the atmosphere was brilliant. My boss was in a bad mood that morning, but by midday we were dancing to Christmas songs while putting up Christmas decorations and trees, etc.. (I'm not suggesting I was responsible for the uplifting mood, but I find the more smiles, laughter etc., you give out, the more comes back. Goodness, that went on a bit, :oops: sorry, hehehe
Petra, Love always....