Kabbalah anyone?

Discussions of spiritual books
japike
New Friend

Kabbalah anyone?

Post by japike »

I have been reading more and more on Kabbalah probally not the same stuff you tend to see with the white garb and red strings but all the ancient texts as well as modern views. Anyway does any of you read Kabbalah would love to start a Q&A disscussion thread.

So far I picked up the main books:
Bahir
Sefer Yetzirah

and one entitled "Kabbalah" by Gershom Scholem

I have not made it to deep into these yet. I have read Sefer Yetzirah a few times which comes off very odd. I make sense out of some of it but the doesn't get to any solid points or secret teachings if you will..
NALA
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by NALA »

I have the Gershom Sholem book in my library, read it decades ago when I was first studying Kabbalah.

The Tree of Life was an important tool for me when I was chasing the Light, and is my all-time favorite Tarot spread.

However, I don't think I'd have much to contribute to a discussion group.
Kathy
_________
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
---Carl Gustav Jung---
arise & shine
New Friend

kabbalah

Post by arise & shine »

the secret teachings so to speak of kabbalah appear to occur supernaturally as an outflowing of the doing. for example, scanning the eyes from right to left on the hebrew of the zohar seems to work like a search engine within the spirit bringing experiences to mind and shining spiritual light on those experiences. for me, the kabbalah experience has been a natural result of sincere spiritual seeking because i had a firm foundation in torah (1st 5 books of the Bible). i have found it is not necessary to understand the meaning or the context of what is being discussed in the kabbalistic texts, the light simply shines upon the path of understanding. i believe this is the concept of the chariot of light and the meaning of the proverb "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and light unto my path" (since a chariot is a vehicle in which one stands, not like a carriage or a car) and also the meaning of "the just shall walk by faith". eventually, the path took me into Divine presence, awareness of God as He sustains the physical universe and even my own physical body. thus i could briefly understand "in Him i move and breathe and have my being." fortunately when i feel weak, this realization in one form or another is brought to mind by spirit and is a helpful sustanance.
Hope this has been helpful to you.
I heard, "may all the rocks in your garden be gems!" To which I replied, "May all the rocks in my head be gems as well!"
Love & Light, Truth & Beauty be yours in everlasting abundance!
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Thanks for that one Arise and Shine!
P'raps I'll have to check into it further.... have dabbled here and there.
Love Your Signature :D

Hugs
Morning Light
arise & shine
New Friend

thank you

Post by arise & shine »

love yours too!
I heard, "may all the rocks in your garden be gems!" To which I replied, "May all the rocks in my head be gems as well!"
Love & Light, Truth & Beauty be yours in everlasting abundance!
ssjenn
Busy Bee

Kabbalah - Healing Tree of Life

Post by ssjenn »

Hi,

I am taking the Kabballah Tree of Life in my spiritual healing class right now and I am finding that it is very handy in diagnosis to envision the centers alone and as they relate to one another.

Are you interested in Healing or is it general interest?

Jennifer
You are all that you need to be.
spiritualgal
New Friend

Helped me lots

Post by spiritualgal »

I have the Zohar and have read The Power of Kabbalah by Yehuda Berg . It did help me a lot especially through a difficult time a few years ago. It really opened my eyes to a lot of things and was very helpful. :D
Kumari Deepa
New Friend

Free course in authentic Kabbalah

Post by Kumari Deepa »

The Kabbalah books are writen in a language of branches. They never speak of corporeal aspects although they use such language. If you want to follow a really interesting introductory course -offered at no cost- where you can interact with the instructors and other students and learn the true meaning behind those books, I recommend to go to

http://www.kabbalahlearningcenter.info/

I hope you enroll. It has changed my life. Good luck
rachely476
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Free course in authentic Kabbalah

Post by rachely476 »

Kumari Deepa wrote:The Kabbalah books are writen in a language of branches. They never speak of corporeal aspects although they use such language. If you want to follow a really interesting introductory course -offered at no cost- where you can interact with the instructors and other students and learn the true meaning behind those books, I recommend to go to

http://www.kabbalahlearningcenter.info/

I hope you enroll. It has changed my life. Good luck
It really useful for me. Thanks you for the reply.
http://moviesonlineworld.com
ofek
Family

Re: Kabbalah anyone?

Post by ofek »

well the reason it is very hard for you to understand Kaballah is because you are not supposed to read it
I go to a Jewish school and a few times when i brought it up in my Jewish studies class my teacher just said that i should leave it because it would just confuse me
To read the Kabbalah one needs to be 40 years old have a certain amount of children and has to know the Torah completely and understand it which is quite difficult
And about Sefer Yetzira, idk what it is but the title means "Book of Creation" in Hebrew so it is probably about part of the creation story that isnt mentioned in the Torah
Well i hope i helped.
Peace and Love,
Ofek
"Your imperfection is what makes you perfect the way you are"
Learning from our imperfections is what we should strive for
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

srry
i take what i said back. The whole 40 year old rule thing was started by a VERY orthodox Jewish sect. They are called Chasidim and their rules do not apply to everybody and most people do not follow them
Peace and Love,
Ofek
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear ofek,

The cleverest person I have ever met, is a Jewish fellow I did my MBA with in 1974. Not sure his IQ, its so far out there, that when he and I were in a consulting partnership, I spent most of my time arguing about the impracticability of his solutions to clients problems. Then I emigrated, and lost touch for over 20 years. Recently he came to Sydney, and we shared a lunch and a few hours. It was fascinating that those 20 years appeared not to have changed our relationship. More surprising was both of us had taken a strong spiritual path in that time, he Kabbalah. I shared some of my key concepts, namely the Indwelling Spirit, and he could recognize some of those ideas from his studies. So we were not that far apart.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

Geoff wrote:Dear ofek,

The cleverest person I have ever met, is a Jewish fellow I did my MBA with in 1974. Not sure his IQ, its so far out there, that when he and I were in a consulting partnership, I spent most of my time arguing about the impracticability of his solutions to clients problems. Then I emigrated, and lost touch for over 20 years. Recently he came to Sydney, and we shared a lunch and a few hours. It was fascinating that those 20 years appeared not to have changed our relationship. More surprising was both of us had taken a strong spiritual path in that time, he Kabbalah. I shared some of my key concepts, namely the Indwelling Spirit, and he could recognize some of those ideas from his studies. So we were not that far apart.

love,
Geoff
Very interesting
I told a friend about the 1111 phenomenon but so far he hasnt expreinced anything but he has been studying Kabbalah for a year or so
so I guess what he is learning is quite similar to what I am learning
Im actually going to start learning Kabbalah with him soon and see how it goes
Peace and Love,
Ofek