Discussions of spiritual books
jacqueline
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

The Life and Teachings..........

Post by jacqueline »

Good day all;

About 4 years ago, I was lent a series of 6 books written by Baird Spalding. The title of the series is: The Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East.

I read the series through, some very difficult reading (at least for me) but the concepts and peoples that the author speaks of are more than interesting. It has had a profund effect on my thinking especially when it come to thinking about something that seems impossible to us mortals; eg; teleporting ourselves to another location on the planet. Quite aften I now ask myself, why not instead of the old "I can't do that".

Having now found the 1111 phenomenen, the Akashic Construct and celestial beings I have even stronger thoughts about being able to accomplish things that we normally wouldn't even conceive of.

I would be very interested to hear if others have read the books and what effect it has had on them in their lives.

There are concepts that are beyond our normal thinking, accessing those concepts is another part of our evolution in this lifetime (more homework!!).

:sunflower:
Eternal Light & Love
Jacqueline
Spirit Seeker
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hello Jaqueline!

Yes, I have these books and they are excellent! Truly mind blowing and transforming stuff !!

According to Spalding a true account of of he and his parties experiences with the Ascended Masters in Tibet etc.

Thanks for posting this, I think I'll take it off the shelf and have another read !

Love
Sherry
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
jacqueline
New Friend

life & teachings

Post by jacqueline »

Hello Sherry;

Things come along in ones life that we are meant to listen to and act upon. This is one of those moments. I have been inactive here for sometime and your post is a great reminder to pay more attention to 1111 and this list.

The Life & Teaching of the Masters of the Far East are remarkable books. Since I read those, especially the first two, many of my thoughts on being human have changed. One of the most basic of thoughts for me has been "why not". When people say you can't do, say or believe in something, I now ask why not. Life is about change and growth and these books have certainly helped me do that.

Thank you Baird Spalding.

I have also read many other books since and they too are inspiring in their words. As I said above, gifts from the universe (books in this case) come in to our lives for a reason; it is up to us to listen and act.

Have an awesome day.
:dwarf: :sunflower: :D
Eternal Light & Love
Jacqueline
Spirit Seeker
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Hi Jacqueline,

Well I suspect that is all true. There are some chanellings from James Padgett from guys in Atlantis, and apparently they had a mode of travel that was spiritually powered. They did not explain, but it sounded fabulous.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hello Jaqueline !
I agree, the first two books were the most enlightening for me. I would be interested to hear what books you've read and enjoyed since.

Hi Geoff,
Have you read these books? They certainly had an amazing mode of transportation!

Love
Sherry
Identify with Love, and you are safe. Identify with Love, and you are home. Identify with Love, and find your Self.
Gai*11
Busy Bee

Post by Gai*11 »

Dear Jacqueline, Morning Light and Geoff,

I have just started reading these books, and by the way, ordered them after reading what was said here about them. The whole, "Why Not!?", idea, is exactly what came to my heart, also. So much so that I started reading the first one to my ten year old son, realizing in retrospect that there was much I may be limiting him to in terms of whatever truths could be born into his heart and how he wishes to utilize it all. He is All ears!
I absolutely love how these books never sway off from the real stuffins, making you see and feel only the real path of everything, which is purity of heart, truth, mind/love. It really has made me dedicate myself more wholly, as it just don't mess around, haha...

Thanks for sharing this Jacqueline, or I wouldn't have known to get it!

Much LOVE,
Gai
The neverending heart begins again forever...
judy 2
New Friend

Post by judy 2 »

Hi! Sherry & Morning Light I loved the books of the Life & Teachings Of The Masters Of The Far East. It just had so many interesting stories in it and I would of loved to have met Brad Spalding or some one from the group who was there!!! Love Judy2
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Sweet Gai!
Yes! These books are truly amazing :shock: Feels so freeing... blows limitations right out of the water eh? I Love the writing style too... no mincing around... just reporting what he saw 8)

I agree Judy... it would have been truly amazing to have talked with him!

I've been hanging out at used bookstores lately and I have to say that I have seen several of the 'full set collections'. I mention this because it was a bit pricey to buy the 6 book set new.

Happy Reading!
With Best Wishes
Morning Light
jacqueline
New Friend

Books read (Morning Light)

Post by jacqueline »

Good morning/afternoon/evening;

Back on Janaury 15th of this year, Morning Light asked what other books I had read, here is a lsit of a few of them.

Sorry the list is late. Oops!

Take care and enjoy life!

* Dr. Joan Boryesenko * A Woman's Journey to God
Dr. Joan Boryesenko Fire in the Soul
* Dr. Judith Orloff * Positive Energy
Dr. Judith Orloff Second Sight
Dr. Judith Orloff Intuitive Healing
Vicki Mackenzie Reincarnation (the Boy Lama)
* Lynn McTaggart * The Field
* Dr. Bernie Siegel * Peace, Love and Healing
Tom Schoder Old Souls
* Eckhart Tolle * The Power of Now
* George M Barnard * The Search for 11:11
* James Redfield * The Celestine Prophecies
James Redfield The Tenth Insight
James Redfield The Secret of Shambhala
* William Lee Rand * Reiki The Healing Touch
* Gary Zukav * The Heart of the Soul
Gary Zukav The Seat of the Soul
* Jennifer Finney Boylan * She's Not There
Jack Fitzgerald Contessa
Irene Priess Fixed for Life
Eternal Light & Love
Jacqueline
Spirit Seeker
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Hello Jacqueline,
Thanks for taking the time to list these books. I've read and enjoyed several of them too. Some are new to me and I will have to check them out.

I think that I will list some books that have alot of meaning for me also.

It's good to see you here :wink:

Morning Light
jacqueline
New Friend

Post by jacqueline »

Hello Morning Light;

I love your sign off! From Peter Pan I gather.

I recently saw a local production of Peter Pan as a musical and what a treat. It is well done and the lead is a 23 year old lady who belts out the songs, dancers her heart out and makes everyone believe in Peter Pan. Brought tears to my eyes in places just thinking of my childhood.

The books are some but not all I have read. Some have a larger impact than others but I believe reading is good for the soul. would love to read your list.

Take care
Eternal Light & Love
Jacqueline
Spirit Seeker
Morning Light

Post by Morning Light »

Heya! Jacqueline :wink:

I got goosebumps reading your experience of Peter Pan! And yes my location is from Peter Pan. A friend of mine uses it for his actual address when he sends gifts anonymously. The first time I received one I thought the address was so fun and magical. I had no idea who it was from.. until I saw his Poetry book inside. Thought I'd borrow his addy.

I know what you mean... there is soo much good information out there.

I'll put a list together sometime this week.

Stay forever young :sunflower:

Morning Light
Lakshmi
New Friend

Masters of the Far East

Post by Lakshmi »

Hi everyone, just signed in as a new member. I too love these books, for those interested they can be downloaded at the below site address. Short description of the books I took off the net. Embracing all in Pure White Source Light, Fredaricka
( site gone )

http://pamelaparnell.homestead.com/life.html

( links broken )

The Life And Teaching
Of The Masters Of The Far East

by Baird T. Spalding
Baird T. Spalding, whose name became legend in metaphysical and truth circles during the first half of the 20th century, played an important part in introducing to the Western world the knowledge that there are Masters, or Elder Brothers, who are assisting and guiding the destiny of mankind. The countless numbers of letters that have come in through the years, from all over the world, bear testimony of the tremendous help received from the message in these books.

PARTIAL CONTENTS LISTING

Volume I:
Foreword
Introduction of the Master Emil
Visit to the "Temple of Silence"
Astral projection
Walking on Water
Visit to the Healing Temple
Emil talks about America
The Snowmen of the Himalayas
New Light on the teachings of Jesus.

Volume II:
Visit to the Temple of the Great Tau Cross
Visit with the Master Jesus
Jesus discusses the nature of hell;
The nature of God
The Mystery of thought vibrations
An account of a healing experience
Jesus, and Buddha visit the group.

Volume III:
One of the masters speaks of the Christ consciousness
The nature of cosmic energy
The creation of the planets and the worlds
The trip to Lhasa
Visit at the Temple Pora-tat-sanga
Explaining the mystery of levitation

Volume IV:
The White Brotherhood
The One Mind
Basis of coming social reorganization
Prana.

Volume V:
Living view past events
Is there a God?
The divine pattern
The reality
Mastery over death
The law of supply.

FOREWORD

IN PRESENTING The Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East I wish to state that I was one of a research party of eleven persons that visited the Far East in 1894.

During our stay - three and a half years - we contacted the Great Masters of the Himalayas, who aided us in the translation of the records, which was of great assistance in our research work. They permitted us to enter into their lives intimately and we were thus able to see the actual working of the great Law as demonstrated by them. We call them Masters, which is merely our name for them. One living the life described herein is entitled to reverence and consideration as a Master.

Records and manuscripts-our actual experience with the Masters-were preserved. Personally, at that time, I thought the world was not ready for this message. I was an independent member of the research party and I am now publishing my notes under the title Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East, with the thought that the reader may accept or reject, as he wishes.

This book, which will be followed by others of the Sun series, gives the first year's experience of the expedition in relation to the Masters. It includes their teaching, which was taken by us stenographically at the time, with their permission and approved by them.

The Masters accept that Buddha represents the Way to Enlightenment, but they clearly set forth that Christ IS Enlightenment, or a state of consciousness for which we are all seeking - the Christ light of every individual; therefore, the light of every child that is born into the world.

(Signed) Baird T. Spalding