X + Y = Z

Discussions of spiritual books
Pennysense
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

X + Y = Z

Post by Pennysense »

I'm reading a book on "Awakening Your Psychic Powers" by Henry Reed, PH. D. with a foreword by Charles Thomas Cayce.

I was very surprised to find mention regarding our Midwayer friends, or what I believe to be our Midwayer friends. You make the determination!

Years before Cayce, there was another sleeping prophet who also fit the shamanistic pattern. The book X + Y = Z, or The Sleeping Preacher, written in 1876 by Walter Franklin Prince, tells the story of the phenomenal life of Reverend Constantine Blackmon Sanders, who was born in Alabama in 1831. Sanders, orphaned at six, had little schooling and could hardly write at the time he entered the ministry. Sanders suffered from "nervous spasms," with headaches and convulsions. When they ended, he would have no recollection of what had transpired; yet, once the convulsions had settled down, he seemed alert in a new way, conscious even of things far away. In this state, he--or the entity that identified itself through him as "X + Y = Z"--was a great finder of lost money. He seemed to know when people had died, could describe faraway scenes, wrote in Latin and Greek, perform clairvoyant diagnoses, and made prescriptions. Sanders was embarrased by his seizures and afraid, as Cayce was for some time, that the twenty-two years after this phenomenon started, the X + Y = Z entity announced that it would be taking leave of the "casket" (the term it used to refer to Sanders), and the appearances stopped--much to the casket's relief.

Do you think this is some relationship to our Midwayer friends. I do!!! Very interesting, indeed.

They have certainly been around since 1831, cool stuff - this book is very very good.

With Much Love,
Pennysense
On my spiritual path...
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Hi Pennysense,

Well that is one fellow I have not heard of, but there are many others, and I have read most of their stories. The most famous was Alan Kardec in 1860. But he was just a scientist, not a medium.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.