Faces in the Smoke: An Eyewitness Experience of Voodoo, Shamanism, Psychic Healing, and Other Amazing Human Powers

Discussions of spiritual books
atsguy
Family

Faces in the Smoke: An Eyewitness Experience of Voodoo, Shamanism, Psychic Healing, and Other Amazing Human Powers

Post by atsguy »

Faces in the Smoke: An Eyewitness Experience of Voodoo, Shamanism, Psychic Healing, and Other Amazing Human Powers by Douchan Gersi

https://www.amazon.com/Faces-Smoke-Eyew ... 0874775957

This book is out of print, and was recommended to me by an individual who has had an entire life filled with ufo abductions and strange metaphysical happenings. He says that according to his own experiences allot of the things mentioned in the book are pretty much similar to what he experienced throughout his life.
High adventures in the Twilight Zone, by a successful documentary filmmaker. Gersi, producer and director of the PBS series Explore, has spent most of his life poking around earth's most obscure corners, observing--and filming--its most exotic cultures. After a rudimentary introduction to the cosmology of the inhabitants of these Third- or Fourth-World areas (Gersi calls them ``people of tradition''), he settles down to tell us what he's seen. His findings astound: either Gersi is a world-class liar or the Marco Polo of the supernatural. In the Philippines, a man removes, heals, and replaces a woman's left ovary using only his fingers. In Brazil, a surgeon performs open-brain surgery with a hammer and chisel while lightning bolts flash from his chest. In northern Africa, Gersi visits the Tuareg, ``the lords of this universe of desolation, sands, and stone,'' and watches dumbfounded as a shaman, reading signs in sand, recites key events of Gersi's past and future life. Gypsies, Kurds, Namibians, Nepalese--all reveal their magic--or their tricks. But the real payoff comes in Haiti, where Gersi witnesses levitation, possession, and, most incredibly, a member of a society of ``flying men'' who repeatedly passes through a solid wall by dematerialization. What of the living dead, you ask? ``I often stumbled upon a zombie who was going back to his home from his master's fields,'' our wide-eyed narrator remarks. Rationalists will tear their hair over this one, but for those willing to swallow their incredulity, it offers a slick roller- coaster ride into the unknown, made more impressive by Gersi's straight-man sincerity and the occasional corroboration of third- party observers.
”Most of all, because we have seen and lived so much of what was wrong, we know so much better what is right.”
http://1111angels.net/old_files/E_Archives/list268.htm

1) http://theimmortalpath.com
2) https://new-birth.net
atsguy
Family

Re: Faces in the Smoke: An Eyewitness Experience of Voodoo, Shamanism, Psychic Healing, and Other Amazing Human Powers

Post by atsguy »

There is a very Specific part that caught my interest in the book. And I have often thought that it related to the actions of midwayers.

In the book the Author goes down to Haiti, to try and document his experiences with a religious organization called the “flying men of Haiti”.The Flying Men of Haiti (which is a separate sect from Voodoo) claims its members can teleport at will in a controlled and repeatable fashion. 216 Douchan Gersi witnessed some of these events. While dancing in a deep trance, these individuals sometimes disappeared before his very eyes. They were said to be able to carry objects with them when they traveled, which could serve as proof Of their ability to near-instantly move to and from distant locations. However, as with levitation, it was said to be easier to get somewhere than to return, and people— especially beginners— could reportedly get stuck in far-off spots.
One of the more dramatic episodes Gersi described involved watching the head of the Flying Men, known as the Emperor, vanish in the blink of an eye just before hitting a hotel room wall. 217 The man reappeared again next to the bed exactly 32 minutes later, holding a notebook that had been left in a house one hundred miles away.

On both his dematerialization and rematerialization, Gersi noticed heat coming from the spot. perhaps more to the point, there appeared to be no normal way the man could have traveled to the house and back again in that length of time.
According to the Flying Men, in order to "be able to dematerialize in one place and rematerialize in another, a believer must reach a state of trance and wait to be possessed by a female loa worshiped as the goddess of love and sex.218 Gersi stated that the Flying Men in Haiti gave an impression of something like feathers behind them as they disappeared. These events always occurred at night, and every time he tried to film one, his batteries quit working.

The Cassowary Men sorcerers of New Guinea also appear to be capable of deliberate teleportation.2J9 Again, these individuals are said to only "'fly" at night. On one disappearance Gersi witnessed, the event was accompanied by a noise and Gersi again had an impression of feathers. He felt this event was similar to the teleportations of the Flying Men in Haiti.

There are also reports of individuals covering vast distances in very short periods Of time, which may, or may not, represent teleportation. These include such things as Australian Aborigines walking through dreamtime, the movement of Tibetan Monks through mountain ranges, and the apparent ability of Sai Baba to cross rocky uphill terrain with incredible speed.220
Teleportation is an interesting, if rare, phenomenon that has not been well studied. Nonetheless, the anecdotal material suggests that an ASC is involved. The association of metalbending with teleportation is a curious finding. It is unclear whether this is meaningful or merely a re ortin artifact.

Pg 180
"Members of the flying men are able to bilocate themselves: that is, while the subject remains earthbound, his astral body can be seen by others whereever he sends it

In order to be able to fly- that is, to dematerialize in one place and rematerialize somewhere else- a believer must reach a state of trance and wait to be possessed by ErzulieYeux-Rouges (Erzulie-Red-Eyes), a female loa worshiped as the goddess of love and sex"
The Loa’s could be midwayers stationed at that part of the world? He goes on to give a description in the book of an actual teleportation event by the leader of the flying men of Haiti who just so happens to have taken the name of st. Germaine because he was fond of the legends of the guy.

Pg 182:
"I often asked Saint-Germain to show me how he goes through a wall-to demonstrate the demateralizatoin and remateralization process. He always refused, saying that doing this outside of contect of a religious ritual was against the rules of the flying men. One night, however, we were drinking rum (or rather he was: i was just pretending to drink in hopes of getting him to perform in front of me) and talking in my hotel room in Gonaive, a small seaside town bordering the Artibonite region. Intoxicated with rum and exasperated by my pushing him to prove his abilities. "dont you trust me?" he screamed at one point. "you think we are tricking you?"

"No, no, no, my freind" I replyed gently, trying to calm him. " I just want to see you do it for me as a favor!" Silently he continued to drink for another hour.

"Okay!" he said all of a sudden, getting up, his face coverd with sweat, "okay , what do you want to see?"

I aksed to see him go through the wall of my hotel room and to perform an astral voyage, such as flying to the room i had in my friend jeans house in Port-au-Prince, about a hundred miles away. He said nothing, But when i asked if i could film the scene, He replyied, "what for? It will not show up in your movie, just like all the other times!" And he laughed.

I set up the camera anyway, and said i was ready. He was looking at me with his sweaty face- wasnt sure it was due to a state of trance or to alcohol and heat- and turned toward the wall and walked right to it. As he was about to smash himself against the wall, with my very own eyes i saw saint-German walk through the wall of my hotel room. Or it be exact, he literally disappeard- he dematerialized himself- before smashing himself against the wall. As this happend, my body was coverd with chills and i felt my hair being pulled up. I also felt a kind of heat coming from where saint-german had disappeard. Irushed from the room and found his waiting in front of the wall he had gone through. When we came back into the room, i discoverd that the batteries for my movie equiptment were dead, including extras i had in my room. When i asked Saint-Germanin if he knew anything about this , he offerd no explanation. "it happens even to the batteries of our flashlights when we keep them tooo close to uys, he said"

I may have been hallucinating , but something did discharge my cameras batterias and all the other batteries i had in the room. THe only thing the camera recorded was saint-german as he was looking at me before starting to walk toward the wall. THen nothing.

Afterwords i asked saint germain to go and pick up sometihng. Anything he could find, from my room at jeans house in port-au-prince and ,before coming back, to enter jeans room and say hello to him.

Why" he asked, suyrprised " i dont understand you, if i can walk throuhg a wall, i can go to port-au-prince without problems. Its the same principle whether i decide to go through the wall or i decide to go to por-au-prince or elsewhere"

He was right . Walking through walls and astral voyages should be based on the sa,e [rincilbe: sending the astral body to the final destination. As the astral body materalizez itself and becomes the bixible body, the visible body demateralizes itself and becomes the astral body, which can be called back to the visible body, and vice versa if the astral voyager wants to come back to where he started."
”Most of all, because we have seen and lived so much of what was wrong, we know so much better what is right.”

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Faces in the Smoke: An Eyewitness Experience of Voodoo, Shamanism, Psychic Healing, and Other Amazing Human Powers

Post by Sandy »

Wow! :shock: I was thinking of the Master's of Tibet while I as reading this, Atsguy. It describes much of the same thing. It's very exciting to think of the possibility to do this or some other amazing talent.
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
atsguy
Family

Post by atsguy »

Sandy are you talking about “ the masters of the Far East book”?

Lol yea if this is a real description of teleportation, it would be an awesome way to get around.

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Yes that is the one, atsguy.
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
atsguy
Family

Post by atsguy »

Thanks sandy loved those books

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Have you ever read Christ in Tibet? I was trying to find my copy....It's here somewhere. :roll: :) Anyway it is a "newish"name for what is two books written in the early part of 1900's. (I think if my memory serves me) I believe Geoff was the one who grouped both books together because the originals were hard to find and the copyright may have expired. If you enjoyed Masters of the Far East you will probably like this one too.

I have a feeling it has probably been reviewed somewhere in this forum's or on Geoff's website.

Hope you had a good week end.
xxSandy

Well here's a little something.... http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8468

Here are the PDF's on Geoff's site....

https://new-birth.net/other-stuff/books ... pment/#bth
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Sandy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:28 pm (I think if my memory serves me) I believe Geoff was the one who grouped both books together because the originals were hard to find and the copyright may have expired. If you enjoyed Masters of the Far East you will probably like this one too.
Nah that was Joseph Babinsky. :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks for that correction, Geoff. I was just thinking about you and wondering if you are in the air and on your way home.
hugs,
Sandy
George came home yesterday! :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: