Climate Wars by Gwynn Dyer

Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Climate Wars by Gwynn Dyer

Post by Geoff »

It is debatable if this book is "spiritual", but I think George and Sandy would both agree we have to get people to focus on the huge issues facing this world at the moment.

This book is written by an Australian journalist. While of a scientific mind, he wrote it based on the interviews he did with world leading researchers in the climate business. What is so sad about this book is that it was published in 2008, ten years ago, and the predictions for what we "had to do" in the next ten years have NOT been met. We are heading for his "disaster scenarios" and no one seems to have noticed, well no one in the public or political world.

What makes the book easy to read are his future scenarios. Sadly he is of a mind that we will have major wars based on a need to regain arable land as the current land becomes unproductive, and the best lands go either South in the Southern hemisphere, or North in the North. So the US loses a huge amount of currently arable land, and Canada gains it. His biggest worry is Siberia that will become arable, and he sees China have to make a grab for that by taking on Russia, because they wont be able to feed their people. He also predicts the US will drain the Great Lakes of water, leaving most of the Cnadian population which lives using that water source, without water.

Sigh. I don't think this is how it will play out, but thats because in my understanding is its going to move a lot faster, and so fast mankind will just be totally shocked and in despair. For more on that try : Earth Changes

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Climate Wars by Gwynn Dyer

Post by Sandy »

This sounds like an important book, Geoff, and spiritual or not, one that should be on a thread in this forum. So we thank you for sharing and as always this website is your home as much as ours.
I have been very concerned at the complete about face of my homeland in regards to climate change... and to be honest I am ashamed. These horrible legacies are not something I wish to foster on my children and grandchildren.
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Yeah Andrew shared something with me yesterday and I will add it here. Right now the Artic is 25 degrees centigrade above normal in what is supposed to be the middle of their winter.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-amer ... 4z1bh.html
The warmth over Alaska occurred as almost one-third of the ice covering the Bering Sea off Alaska's West Coast vanished in just over a week during the middle of February, InsideClimateNews reported.
hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Oh my... this is crazy!!!! How can anybody deny Climate change in the face of these unheard of happenings. I cannot even begin to imagine the hardship this is causing for the polar bears seals and such.... :cry:
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Surachate
New Friend

Post by Surachate »

It's the information I'm looking for as well.