Through the Mists - R. J. Lees

Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Through the Mists - R. J. Lees

Post by Geoff »

(I cant believe I never reviewed this book here)

Through the Mists

Robert James Lees

This book was recorded by James Lees in 1898, and had 20 reprints by 1952 when it went out of print. It is apparently a story related verbatim, as the spirit materialized and spoke to James Lees, who simply wrote down what he heard. This is a rather rare way of communicating, it must be said.

I would rate this as one of the finest expositions of the spirit worlds, albeit that the language is perhaps too flowery for today's audience. If you put up with the slow pace, you will learn a lot about the next realm. What distinguishes this book, is that Aphraar is interested in "why" rather than simply "what", as would be the case with Robert Hugh Benson/Anthony Borgia. This book covers many Spiritual Laws along the way, as the spirit tells of his first few weeks in "heaven". If you are a lover of the Bible, you may be amazed at the different turn put on many well known phrases, but if you are not a Christian, this may irritate. There is more to tell, and the sequels tell some of that, but as an introduction, it is very comprehensive. What is particularly interesting is that he also covers the sleep state - what we do in the spirit realms during sleep. I have created a pdf, so that you can enjoy this book without charge. If you would like a newly printed copy, you can get one here, as secondhand copies are scarce. This is now available as a Kindle e-book

There are two further books in the series, also excellent:

The Life Elysian

The Gate of Heaven

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Through the Mists - R. J. Lees

Post by Sandy »

:lol: I hadn't realized you have never reviewed it here, Geoff. I know you have mentioned it quite a few times over the years. :)
Thank you once again for this valuable information.
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.