A Course In Miracles

Discussions of spiritual books
Pennysense
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

A Course In Miracles

Post by Pennysense »

Has anyone else found this book really really hard to follow. And what are the feelings that you've gotten from this book. I just started reading the first 15 pages, and it left me feeling unable to comprehend it. I had a much easier time reading the Urantia book. Any comments, anyone?

With Much Love,
Pennysense
On my spiritual path...
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Hi Pennysense,

Wow, harder that the Urantia Book. No I did not find that. But what confused me no end was the usage of the word spirit. I later found that the original used the word soul, and it was changed. I then found a lot was changed, and I felt the rough original was easier for me to read.

I thought it was OTT on the business of how this is not real. That sure gets George going. He wants to know why his toe hurts when he stubs it. :lol: :lol:

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Pennysense
Old Friend

Post by Pennysense »

I think that its just hard to follow, it has so many intrepretations of what its trying to get across of one particular meaning. Maybe I'm just not ready to read it, but I will keep trying adventually I'm sure that I will grasp it.
Are you stating that they believe that we are not real, or this experience is not real for us. I don't think I've gotten that far, just trying to injust what I've read. Funny I would question the same after I read this.

With Much Love,
Pennysense
On my spiritual path...
Pennysense
Old Friend

Post by Pennysense »

Okay! I've read a little bit further into A Course In Miracles (page 221), and now its finally starting to sink in, and sinking in it is.
When I read the words, they seem to resonate into me, almost as if I can hear my celestial guide or spirit teachers reading along with me. This gives me goose bumps, lol.
Oh, I love that I have finally accepted the fact of these beings, they make it so apparent now! How truly wonderful!

With Much Love,
Pennysense
On my spiritual path...
Armedon1111
New Friend

Thinking of purchasing this book...

Post by Armedon1111 »

Penny how is a course in miracles coming along I have had the urgings to purchase this one myself and wanted to know your thoughts on it. :D
KNOW THYSELF 1111
Pennysense
Old Friend

Post by Pennysense »

Hello Armedon1111!
I've finished reading A Course in Miracles, several months back - I believe this to be a very fascinating read. I had so many revelations reading this book, and always felt uplifted, and many coincidences occured during this book. I felt as if my soul-self elevated within, almost like someone was reading along with me. I related to this book very well. I highly recommend it, however I did not do the lessons at the end, something I will look to do in the future. Although I felt somewhat hard to relate to in the beginning, I soon was able to read with ease. I love this book. I hope this helps, my opinion!

Love Pennysense
On my spiritual path...
NALA
New Friend

Post by NALA »

I enjoyed and benefited from reading A Course in Miracles, but even more helpful than that were some audiotapes of excerpts the author had made. Right now, I can't recall the titles of the tapes, but one that concentrated on "homecoming", returning to the Creator, I played over and over during a sad, scary, depressing time in my life. It carried me through to a point where I could again make contact with Spirit on my own.
Kathy
_________
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
---Carl Gustav Jung---
Armedon1111
New Friend

The course

Post by Armedon1111 »

So let me see if I'm getting this Course right... A long time ago Jesus for one reason or another, entered into a sort of virtual reality type dream world. In this world Jesus was having a ball being whoever he wanted living a lifetime in a mere fraction of a second by Heaven's standards. As Jesus continued on with these lifetimes, he became so involved with each new identity he took on he began to lose his own identity in the process. Until finally he forgot who he was. The game started at the beginning of creation and ended at Armegeddon resetting itself each time keeping Jesus in a neverending story (a loop if you will) With each new game more and more identities were created and each life Jesus had been apart of still continued in the loop with now only a fragment of Jesus imprinted on it ( a copy, a clone ) These copies all had a piece of the Mind of Christ therefore seperating Jesus into countless avatars all thinking they were real. The avatars in the virtual world are all led by ego and it's ego that convinces them that they are unique and seperate from God.

So does Christ have to assemble all his missing pieces and then fuse with them to make himself whole again in order to end the dream and awaken in Heaven where his Father waits patiently for his prodigal son to return?

If it is indeed true then each of us must decide... do we continue with the charade and hold onto this identity looping through our own lifetimes again and again? Or do we return to Christ what is rightfully his?
KNOW THYSELF 1111
Geoff
Site Admin

Re: The course

Post by Geoff »

Armedon1111 wrote:So let me see if I'm getting this Course right... A long time ago Jesus for one reason or another, entered into a sort of virtual reality type dream world. In this world Jesus was having a ball being whoever he wanted living a lifetime in a mere fraction of a second by Heaven's standards. As Jesus continued on with these lifetimes, he became so involved with each new identity he took on he began to lose his own identity in the process. Until finally he forgot who he was. The game started at the beginning of creation and ended at Armegeddon resetting itself each time keeping Jesus in a neverending story (a loop if you will) With each new game more and more identities were created and each life Jesus had been apart of still continued in the loop with now only a fragment of Jesus imprinted on it ( a copy, a clone ) These copies all had a piece of the Mind of Christ therefore seperating Jesus into countless avatars all thinking they were real. The avatars in the virtual world are all led by ego and it's ego that convinces them that they are unique and seperate from God.

So does Christ have to assemble all his missing pieces and then fuse with them to make himself whole again in order to end the dream and awaken in Heaven where his Father waits patiently for his prodigal son to return?

If it is indeed true then each of us must decide... do we continue with the charade and hold onto this identity looping through our own lifetimes again and again? Or do we return to Christ what is rightfully his?
Dear Armedon,

Not sure if you were sharing what you "extracted" from the various posts about Michael/Jesus?

If so its a tad off. Michael did not take long as Jesus to know who he was. I can't say for sure exactly when he knew, but he figured it out.

As far as I can tell, "Jesus" as Michael did not author ACIM. I say that because we asked "Jesus" if he did, and he ducked the answer. I believe that it was Sananda, aka "The Scribe" aka the Thought Adjuster Jesus had for 36 years. That being could genuinely speak on Jesus' behalf.

Is ACIM without error? Of course not, it was edited.

love,
Geoff.
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

I'm totally confused now. Not that I mind...I like to figure things like this out. Been doing it since I was 2. I can't wait to receive my U book. Will it give me some straight answers? Hmmmm, I wonder? Petra XXX
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

I HAVE MY URANTIA BOOK!! Hoorah, if you don't hear from me for a while, you know why.... :lol:
Tulia
Busy Bee

Post by Tulia »

Hi Petra,

Cool. What do ya think so far?

Love,
Tulia
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Yeahhh, it's been about 3 days since I received it and all I've read is the 1st page! Luckily I'm a quick reader....except when it comes to books with real meaning. I remember taking months to read the New Testament, going over and over the bits I couldn't comprehend. I was starving for more info about Jesus! After reading The N.T. I ran to my nearest library and asked for any books on Jesus and the life of...etc, etc.. All I got was "The Turin Shroud & such likes. I cannot get enough of the 4th part of the U.Book. Love always, Petra XXX
Tulia
Busy Bee

Post by Tulia »

Well, I've been reading it for more than twenty years (I was just barely
old enough to be able to start to comprehend such a book when I started,
ha, ha :baby ) and I continue to get more and more from it - as much as
I ever did. Soooo, no worries, read it quickly, read it sloooowly ;), it
won't matter too much because it just keeps on givin'!

Love,
Tulia
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

I'm on page 4 of the foreword and it's already getting me all excited. I get like that when I start reading a book which has me hooked on page 1. I know it's complicated stuff and my brain cells probably won't cope first time around, but like you said Tulia, keep on reading as often as you like... it will all become clear in the end, no doubt?
Also, this book really is special to me. I get a feeling from it, it's a little hard to explain. I've been searching for answers for a very long time and once I asked God (about 2 years ago) to give me the answers pleeeaaase, it's an awesome feeling to know He has answered me.
XXXPetraXXX
Mati
New Friend

Post by Mati »

Hi Guys,

This is an interesting thread. Geoff, you wrote:
Not sure if you were sharing what you "extracted" from the various posts about Michael/Jesus?
Where can I find those posts? do you mean the posts on your other website?
What would be a good place to start?

Thanks,
mati
When you don't know what to do, mean well and follow your heart.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Hi Mati,
Where can I find those posts? do you mean the posts on your other website?
What would be a good place to start?
No idea, because I have no idea where he got those ideas. I had hoped he would answer.

love,
Geoff.