ATTN : Geoff ...Recent books I came across.......great read!

Discussions of spiritual books
Boone
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

ATTN : Geoff ...Recent books I came across.......great read!

Post by Boone »

Hello everybody, I am new to this site. I have been to Geoff's site ( newbirth.net) and have read all of the books there. Nice work Geoff, and thank you for your commitment and efforts for us all. I have been researching other sites and came across two additional books : 'Russell' by Gwenyth Bryne ( it is out of print...here is a link to an excerpt: http://www.survivalebooks.org/russell/russellstamp.htm Here are two classics : My Son In The Afterlife by Elisa Medhus--- The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers by Annie Kagan . I am about to start Geoff's book regarding the illusion of reincarnation. Keep up the great everybody.
Ps- I do not follow any organized religion but am striving toward a higher spiritual awareness. After reading numerous books on the subject of the afterlife/spirituality, if I may quote a VERY important universal law that was detailed in the book Gone West : " you reap what you sow "
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: ATTN : Geoff ...Recent books I came across.......great r

Post by Sandy »

Hi Boone,
Welcome! We are blessed that our very dear friend, Geoff, is a voracious reader and has contributed so mightily to our accumulated knowledge on this board and his own site. He has always been interested in books on the subject of the afterlife and has created some wonderful PDF's of older books that are out of print, hard to find or whose copyright has expired, so I encourage anyone who is interested in books detailing the subject of the afterlife, spirituality, etc.. to visit his board...http://board.new-birth.net/index.php

Thank you Boone for your recommendation. I've read about half of the book excerpt so far... very moving!
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Boone
New Friend

Post by Boone »

You are most welcome Sandy! Yes I agree, the out of print older books that Geoff has shared : The Borgia books, the R J Lees work, Gone West , Blue Island etc.....are fantastic! Billy Fingers is an interesting example of someone who crosses but bypasses the lower spheres. I have another read I forgot to mention for everybody.....it was written by Dr. Carl A Wickland called Thirty Years Among The Dead. This book is the quintessential research, over thirty years, of folks who are lost, confused and often do not know what change has taken place in the lower realms after crossing over. The first section details the method of communication. The majority is communication with hundreds of folks who have crossed. The book is good. Noble work by Carl Wickland. If anyone has any trouble finding the book.....I will look up link. Let me know if anyone is interested. I assume Geoff has already read this material.....if not, please forward the book to him. Thank you Sandy, I'm glad you're enjoying Russell book. Boone
Boone
New Friend

Post by Boone »

Oops! Just went back to get 30 yrs among the dead link, I have had it so long that I forgot Geoff's site newbirth was the source......I should have figured that. Geoff has some real winners on PDF!!!
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Boone,
I passed on the URL for your post to Geoff. It came at a good time and your encouragement really was appreciated by him. Thank you for that! I so love to see the Divine hand at work... bless you.
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Boone wrote:Billy Fingers is an interesting example of someone who crosses but bypasses the lower spheres.
Dear Boone,

This is an historic day, as i am back after an absence of 2 years. Thank you for your kind words about my efforts. But your opinion of Billy Fingers is very largely at variance with my own:
Geoff wrote:As many people will know this is my favourite genre. Sadly however this book is so enigmatic, and so totally weird, that I am left in serious doubt as to whether it is genuine. I do not levy a charge of this nature lightly, but the only book that is remotely similar would be Letters from the Light. So why do I think this book is fraudulent?

Firstly Billy would have us believe that he had absolutely zero compensation for a life as a drug dealer and drug addict.

Secondly, he does not engage in any service activity whatsoever. Yet we know from dozens upon dozens of such books that while it's possible to be solitary, spiritual advancement is gained by service activities. It is precisely in such service that we learn to be loving. Billy's life was no example of a life full of loving behaviour yet he suggests he is a totally changed person after death, literally days or months later. We know that does not happen, people are unchanged by the death process.

Thirdly he seems to meet almost no one. And of one encounter he would have us believe the other party is made up of stars and planets.

Fourthly he claims to be able to exit and renter his body at will. Now we do know that the spiritual body which befits one for the seven spirit spheres cannot be thrown off. The astral body worn by earth bound spirits can, and is eventually discarded. It is true that compensation does not seem to occur in the astral plane, so does that make Billy an earth-bound spirit? While I considered this a possibility, Billy was 62 at the time of his death, and by his own admission, and indeed what I would expect from a life on drugs, his body was worn out. That means the astral body would also have been worn out.

Billy also claims reincarnation can occur. I don't see that as such a major criticism, simply because a very large number of both spirits and their teachers hang onto this illusion sometimes for thousands of years.

However I fail to see what real value anyone can get from this book. So, whether it is a fraud or not, my advice is to not buy it.

Geoff
That is the toughest I have been on a book for a long time. Its a bestseller, and looking through the reviews there are about ten other people on Amazon who have given similar reviews to mine, but the vast majority are seduced (in my opinion) by the prose. Its well written, HEAVILY promoted, esp on FB, and full of the typical "new age" slogan stuff, all the marks of a heavy commercial effort.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Sandy wrote: We are blessed that our very dear friend, Geoff, is a voracious reader and has contributed so mightily to our accumulated knowledge on this board and his own site. He has always been interested in books on the subject of the afterlife and has created some wonderful PDF's of older books that are out of print, hard to find or whose copyright has expired, so I encourage anyone who is interested in books detailing the subject of the afterlife, spirituality, etc.. to visit .......
Thank you dear Sandy, but if I am going to get a free bit of promotion, rather try this link:

http://new-birth.net/books.htm

hugs
Geoff
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol: Thanks for the correction old friend!
So good to see you back! :sunflower:
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
Sandy
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

{{{{{{{{{{{hugs back}}}}}}}}}
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

There you are! Just look at that smiling face!!!! You have been missed brother! :kiss: