Dave Pelzer

Discussions of spiritual books
Earth Angel
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Dave Pelzer

Post by Earth Angel »

I have just completed A Child Called It, The Lost Boy and A Man Named Dave. Once I started reading them, I couldn't put them down because I saw so much of my own life in them. I could relate to his pain and I was always asking "why".

A Child Called It is about a very young boy starting his life as a very happy child. He starts to be severly abused at the age of 4 and, as I recently found out, the same age I was. I didn't go through some of the stuff he did, but abuse is abuse, although mine was mental, physical and sexual. In this book, Dave tells his story from when he was 4 to the age of 12. His mother ended up calling him "It"

In the second book, The Lost Boy, Dave is between the ages of 12 and 18 and tells of the struggles he went through just to cope in the everyday life once he was placed in foster care.

In the third book, A Man Named Dave, he tells of how he struggled with his mom, his career, his marriages and that it's something that never goes away. He finally has a son whom he absolutely adores and where he can stop this chain that was in his family for so long. I am stopping the chain on my end as well with my son. He is the best person that ever happened to me and one of my best friends.

I don't think this series of books is spiritual, but they do touch your heart and open your eyes to the real problems of this world and what the majority of people feel on a daily basis. I struggled so hard in my life to overcome this and , even though I look back and see how far I've come, those memories will always be there. I've given them to our Father who loves us so much, I am now free to go on with my life. I hope some or all of you can read these books. I admire Dave's courage and strength as he goes through his life.

Love and hugs,
Barb
Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be.
stones
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by stones »

Earth Angel, thank you for sharing that. Those books sound like they have some
very powerful insights. I am currently reading in the Urantia book about the "Life and
Teachings of Jesus" -- truly awesome -- but I definitely have put these books on my
list :)
To Love God, Listen for God in the Moment.