"As A Man Thinketh" by James Allen

Discussions of spiritual books
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

"As A Man Thinketh" by James Allen

Post by Welles »

This morning I was reading a few pages from Lytske's "The Guiding Light Within" and happened upon this thought.
Lytske (The Guiding Light Within) wrote:Thoughts held in mind, produce after their kind. It follows that negative thoughts attract negative vibrations; positive thoughts attract positive vibrations. As a man or woman thinketh, he or she becomes.

It reminded me of a little booklet called "As A Man Thinketh" by James Allen. He took the biblical verse “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he“ and expanded on the concept until he had a small book which was published in 1903 and has become a world wide favorite. He was one of the first ‘modern’ inspirational and motivational thinkers. Here are a couple of quotes from this little work.

“The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn; the bird waits in the egg; and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of realities.”

“Cherish your visions. Cherish your ideals. Cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow all delightful conditions, all heavenly environment, of these, if you but remain true to them your world will at last be built.”

“Men do not attract what they want, but what they are.”

You can download a free PDF of James Allen’s As A Man Thinketh here…
http://wahiduddin.net/thinketh/as_a_man_thinketh.pdf

Welles
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: "As A Man Thinketh" by James Allen

Post by Sandy »

Hi Welles,
Your description of this book and the quotes you provided have enticed me to want to read it myself... Thank you! I especially love this Quote...
"“Cherish your visions. Cherish your ideals. Cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow all delightful conditions, all heavenly environment, of these, if you but remain true to them your world will at last be built.”
Is that not perfectly balanced and beautiful?
:happy
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.