The Consciouness Of Cells

Discussions of spiritual books
JohnR

The Consciouness Of Cells

Post by JohnR »

Greetings to all! :kiss:

I had earlier promised a healer on this board a quote from Delores Cannon's "The Convoluted Universe, book 3", and look what happened! This quote is actually the entire chapter 7, titled "The Consciousness Of Cells", of the above mentioned book. It's a good thing that text doesn't take a lot of hard drive space, right? According to the reference at the end it's only 4 pages, but even so, I won't make a habit of posting whole chapters to books.

Delores Cannon is a regression hypnotherapist, who got into the field quite by accident, and has been doing the work for 30 years. There is a point with her clients when she asks if she can speak to what she terms the subconscious. She admits this term is misleading, because she is actually calling upon the subject's Higher Mind. Apparently, in thousands of cases, this aspect of the personality never refers to itself in the first person. It always refers to itself as we. Apparently this is because the complete soul is not just one entity, but exists as fragments which can be in different places simultaneously. In other words, a part of your soul is in your body, another part of your soul is at this moment residing in the spiritual realm, and so forth.

Boy, I can see I'm getting sidetracked, but I just wanted to provide a brief description of where Mrs. Cannon is coming from. I have read many of her books, and still reading. She impresses me as a very sincere, honest individual who has been called upon to do the world a great service in introducing us to some very unusual ideas. Some of this seems to be pretty "deep", but when I slow down and really think about what the subject is saying it all makes perfect sense to me. OK, enough introducing. Oh, by the way, this quote is legal because the Kindle references are given at the end! I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I do!

CHAPTER SEVEN
THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF CELLS

This material laid in my files for more than twenty years. I was going through and destroying many of the old sessions that were conducted back in 1985 when our group was having regular meetings in Eureka Springs. Those were wonderful days of exploration and camaraderie. It was so important to have others of like mind to discuss things with. Although the group has disbanded, I still feel a closeness with these wonderful people who were so important in my life at that time. They have no idea how much I needed their companionship and understanding during those days when everything I was discovering was new and different. At our meetings, we would often have a general topic of interest that would be explored, and whoever was volunteering to be the subject would go into trance and answer the group’s questions. When I found this forgotten transcript, I felt as though it had been waiting for over twenty years to be rediscovered and included in my work. That time has come and it has found a home. It fits perfectly with the subject of consciousness and the recognition that everything has life and intelligence. Although, at the time of this session I could not comprehend much of what was being said. I had not expanded to that point of understanding. It showed me how far I have progressed in my thinking and comprehension in twenty years. The topic on this evening was healing. I can still see in my mind’s eye all of our group sitting around the room intent on what was occurring, and anxious to participate by asking questions. Oh, how I miss those days, and those dear people!

Subject: We recognize the importance of the subject for tonight and are anxious to discuss with you the aspects of healing. Healing is an important endeavor. Everything is either in a state of healing or moving toward destruction. Destruction is a natural phenomenon and not negative as it sometimes appears. However, a premature destruction of an entity or consciousness, a piece of living matter, is to be avoided. Therefore, healing must be practiced by all living beings in order to facilitate their appropriate life span within your time/space dimension.

Questioner: Can you explain the actual process of physical healing of the human body? How does it occur at the cellular level?

S: Each cell is responsible for its own existence the same way that each totality of being is responsible for the existence of the whole of that particular being. The cell has its own self to mind as well as a joint relationship with cells around it, particularly cells which constitute part of a larger systemic organization such as a specific organ. That cell is responsible for obtaining, from the energy fields around it, nourishment appropriate to its development and growth. It is responsible for monitoring its own function, so that it retains as much nourishment as it needs, and sends forth into the rest of the organism those elements not needed for its particular functioning. The cell is aware of dysfunction as the overall entity is aware of a certain malaise indicative of a problem somewhere. The cells obtain information from the thought pool relative to that particular cell, the same way that humans obtain information from the thought pool. The same way that animals obtain information from thought pools in regard to behaviour of themselves. The cells have a way of tapping into kind of an “ideal cell” to show them the way they should be functioning, and alert them when this functioning goes awry. At such, they request information with regard to healing. All this takes place in instantaneous time and in microscopic detail. The cells have an innate information ability, but they also get additional information from older cells in the body and the sense of the body energy as a whole.

Q: You mentioned an ideal cell that they pattern themselves after.

S: That is correct
Q: Would that mean even on the microscopic level they must have something to guide them, something they could use as a pattern?

S: Yes. On every level.

Q: Even the microscopic?

S: Especially the microscopic level. Cells function at essentially the microscopic level.

Q: I was thinking in a sense then they would be thinking of that ideal cell as God.

S: Right.

One of the group: Along that same line, is there a correlation between the ideal self of the cell and the ideal that we hold as our higher self?

S: Not in the way you mean the question. There is no higher self for a cell, specifically the way that you understand your relationship to a higher self. One exists, but it is more like a pattern rather than a guide or a director of activities.

Q: Does this mean that the cells have an intellect?

S: Yes. Every piece of living matter has a consciousness, otherwise known as intellect.

Q: I’m thinking that humans have brains. Would they be able to think in that respect?

S: To fulfil the function of intelligence as it is prescribed in zoology textbooks, with regard to awareness of surroundings, ability to reproduce, movement, our cells fit that categorization
Q: It would be very basic then? Is that what you mean?

S: The cell does not see itself as “very basic”. (Laughter)

Q: I mean they wouldn’t have the intellect of a human. Or do they?!

S: In their own way each bit of consciousness has the intellect of a human. Some have intellects that function better for their organism than human intellects function.

Q: Then in the function of healing, we have to communicate with that intellect within the cells?

S: That’s right.

Q: In healing, the way we understand it, we have to get in touch with our basic problems. We have to understand the causes of our discomfort or disease. Could you suggest a way that we could do this more effectively?

S: The general answer is that one should ask one’s body for assistance in this area. Something along the lines of, “I know that I can communicate with my body. I know that I can request assistance in healing. But I don’t really know how I go about this. How about giving me a hand?” This is a simplistic answer. The self-discovery method requires a much more detailed understanding of your own present history within this vehicle. As well as – for those who believe it’s pertinent – past and future lives, as they might relate to the present vehicle. This complexity is not necessary. It is not necessary always to know exactly what is blocking the healing. It is sufficient to recognize that there are blocks. Request that they be dissolved by mental request, or visualization of the block being dissolved. Even without knowing what the block is. If you believe that blocks can be dissolved without bothering to understand how they got there, this would suffice for most people. As you remember, what you believe is what makes the difference. If you believe you can dissolve the blocks and move toward healing without paying thousands of dollars to psychoanalysts, then do it that way. It’s much easier.

Q: How does the process of long distance healing occur?

S: Healing from one person to another seemingly long distance and recognized as long distance by time/space reckoning is, in fact, a short distance. The healer gets in touch with the energy of the entity which is being healed on a more immediate basis. The ability of the healer to expand their aura, to reach out and touch the other individual, allows a hook-up over what seems to be time and space. So that the same kind of healing can occur as occurs with the actual physical laying on of hands, or touching auras with someone in the same proximity.

Q: Can you describe how the energy is transferred from one person to the other, or how one person can transmit that healing energy to another?

S: It’s a question of utilizing the pathways which surround all of us in an electrical kind of a sense. Not electricity, of course, but kind of a force-field-energized area around each of us. Some particularly receptive individuals are willing to let down their particular protective barriers, and allow a cross- feed into their energy field from another individual, who is equally able to let down their barriers to send their energy out. Such energy attacking a particular illness, or just approaching, with love, the general aura of the receiving individual provides an extra shot. Remember, these two have agreed ahead of time to this particular healing, to this involvement. The receiving body recognizes that an additional jolt of energy, as the individual was already moving toward health, will simply accelerate the process. The individual doing the healing is willing to sacrifice some of their immediate energy, of which they can generate more than an average person. Then they send it toward a particular spot or the general condition of the receiving individual. In such a way that the energy itself seems to have a kind of mind and intelligence of its own – which it does. And it simply seeks out the problem areas and dissolves them, removes blocks and allows them to regain their own healthy condition.

Q: When I am around people who are sick and they are all coming down with something, I sometimes put up a barrier to keep the germs from coming into my body. Is that possible to do that?

S: Do you do it?

Q: I try to practice it. I believe it, but is it a fact?

S: Has it worked? (Yes.) Well?! (Laughter)

Q: I just mentally put up a barrier that the germs can’t go through.

S: If you believe in germs and believe in your ability to shield yourself from germs through a barrier. If you believe these two things, then doing it is a snap. You could choose to simply not believe in germs.

Q: Are they real?

S: Not in the way that you and the medical doctors think they are. Q: Then how are they?

S: Well, they’re fine. (Laughter)

Q: Well, you say they’re not real in that way....

S: They don’t cause diseases. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be playing with you, but it’s so much fun to play with you. The germ theory of disease is simply another theory. As you know, people create their own diseases for their own purposes. Germs are a handy scapegoat. If you simply don’t believe that they can harm you, then of course, they won’t. But that takes a good bit of belief in a world in which they have been seen as a scientific explanation for diseases. In actual fact, the older explanations of possession by devils, and so on, were closer to the truth. Not that people are possessed by devils, but that emotional and spiritual and relationship concerns, and problems, and stress, are actually the causes for disease. Germs have had a lot of bad press.

Q: But they have been observed in the laboratory under the microscope.

S: They exist in the laboratory. They’re just not the reasons why people create illnesses for themselves.

Q: What about epidemics?

S: As you know, when groups of people are involved in mass events, they have all chosen to participate in the mass event. And they have chosen that particular event for their own purposes, most generally as an example, a lesson of some sort to the remainder of the individuals in that vicinity.

Q: I’m thinking specifically of diseases like the Black Death. They said it was caused by fleas on the rats and it spread all over Europe at that time, killing everyone.

S: Bad press for rats and fleas.

Q: You think because they believed this, that is why it spread?

S: That and the fact that they had their other particular reasons for being involved in such an event.

Q: We’ve heard that laughter is the best medicine. Can you give the Why?

S: The “Why” laughter is the best medicine is that laughter, at least momentarily, provides you with positive sense of joy and well-being. Provides you with instant health.

Q: Then that means that sorrow or sadness is detrimental to the system?

S: Inappropriate prolonged sorrow or sadness is medically defined as depression, which is detrimental to the ultimate well-being of the vehicle and those with whom they come into contact. Sadness or sorrow as an appropriate emotional response to an event or a situation is not detrimental to the being. The repression of such emotion or the negation of such emotion is more detrimental than the experiencing and showing of appropriate emotional reaction.

Q: The natural expression of emotions is good for you?

Q: It’s the blocking of these emotions that causes the diseases, the malfunction?

S: That’s a simplistic way of describing block, but accurate in so far as it goes.

Q: That means that it is good to even experience anger? (Yes.)

Q: This is not exactly on the subject of healing but it has some relationship. When the larger self leaves the body and dissolution starts, do the cells in the body still have life until they are transmuted into something else?

S: You want to know what occurs?

Q: Yes. I am wondering, if each cell has life, at the point that the spirit leaves the body, does the body cell still have life and does it, in turn, choose to go into a state of dissolution?

S: An excellent question. The line between life and death, as you know from literature, is said to be very fine. Your practical experience tells you there is nothing fine about it at all. Either you’re alive or you’re dead. But if you look around to understand the scientific, more technical, aspects of this question, you will note for example that trees appear to be dead for long periods of time and will literally spring back to life. They die in little bits and pieces over many years. Let’s take a body of a human, for example. When the spirit leaves the body, the cells retain certain aspects of life, such as motion at a cellular level, in that the disintegration is a form of motion. The falling away from the bones of the flesh is certainly motion and can be observed. There are aspects of life which do not, however, occur for most of the cells upon physical death. That would be, reproduction and the use of nutrients and the sloughing off of non-usable pieces, or used and discarded pieces. Those kinds of systemic functions do not occur. However, certain cells in the body, as you know, kind of morbidly grow for a while. So that, like a tree, pieces of the human are dying at different rates. But there is life of a sort until the pieces disintegrate into other things. And then, of course, they continue to live in a different form to the extent that dust is as alive as a bird in flight.

Q: That would be a form of reincarnation even down to the cellular level. – Along that line, what I see is the change that we go through as we die (or our body changes until we call it death), and we then go to a different dimension. Is that a type of thing that happens to this intelligent force in the cell, that it transmutes to another form?

Q: Is it still part of the human consciousness? Like, say a fingernail cell continues to live for a time after the human dies. Then does the cell rejoin the human spirit or is it going a different way?

S: That cell will retain the memory of life as a piece of the human organism. The same way it will retain memories of life as pieces of other things, when it in other stages, other forms, hooked up with other pieces to create other things. But its memory will be short circuited the same way your present memory is short circuited, and you do not ordinarily consciously recall the pieces of yourself which have been dinosaurs or fleas.

Q: How do these cells view us as a body? Do they have a way of perceiving us? They live inside of us.

S: They sense that they are part of a larger organism the same way that we sense that we are a part of an oversoul. That same vague sense of belonging which occasionally occurs. The cells appreciate it more often than we do, because they can appreciate and be acquainted with that feeling just by normal functioning. If your liver is operating well and doing the things that it is supposed to do, it enjoys a sense of well- being which, were it able to be conveyed to you as an individual intellect, would bring an awareness of joy that most of us unfortunately do not experience very often.

Q: How do they view our brain or our intellect that directs them?

S: Not with a kind of criticality. Simply an acceptance that that’s the way this organism operates.

Q: I thought maybe they might be thinking of that as the God or the overall driving force of their Universe, so to speak. It wouldn’t be that way?

S: You’re putting a human tendency to search for gods onto cells, which accept their existence as a piece of God.

Q: Is there not a brain or consciousness of the planet itself?

S: The consciousness of the planet exists in kind of an overall blanket effect. However, the life form on any given planet which is capable of altering structures and creating physical entities to alter its life cycle – in contrast to other animals which do so only on limited scales – and do not necessarily allow for generational continuation of the edifices and so on. That life form on any particular planet becomes, if you would, the consciousness. The conscience as well, of the overall planet, and carries with it the requirement to think globally on behalf of the planet. Such a lesson has yet to be learned by the intelligence of humans on this planet. But such is the design of the universe that the planet itself, although having a consciousness and intelligence, is still required to work in combination with the intelligent beings who are capable of altering the surface of the planet.

Q: Does that mean when the people of the planet die then the brain of the planet dies?

S: No, the brain of the planet will operate in consort with the other intelligent beings, which would include all animals, plants, rocks, living things, etc. If there are no animals or plants which spring forth with an ability to alter the physical shape of the planet, the planet will not need to exert such an intelligent symbiotic relationship, and will simply allow a less directed, more natural approach to occur.

Cannon, Dolores (2008-08-26). The Convoluted Universe - Book Three (pp. 127-130). Ozark Mountain Publishing, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
nasra1996
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: The Consciouness Of Cells

Post by nasra1996 »

This looks fascinating John, i will sit and read it later :)

much peace

Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
11light11
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by 11light11 »

John, this is just incredible. I loved it! :kiss:

I used to study acupuncture. In countless ways it was proven to me that it is 'real' and it 'works.' One day I asked a seasoned practitioner how it works. It is a modality that turns one to philosophy rather rapidly. ;) He paused for a long time, then shared, "It teaches the body how to remember how to act properly."

Essentially, that is exactly what was said in this transcription: that the cells communicate to one another about how to improve their state of health or being. That there is a model they might follow that 'reminds them how to act right.'

Since I practice energy healing I felt very inspired and also informed by these ideas, and I'm going to incorporate some of these lessons into my practice. Invaluable that you shared this and I can't thank you enough! :love

Another thing that jumped out at me was the idea of expressing 'negative emotions,' for that is what we've all been discussing on Sammy's "Spiritual Sails" thread under Misc. Of course, in therapy, we encourage the same. It is not 'negative' to 'feel negatively,' if that is the appropriate response to reality. If you lose a loved one -- you must allow yourself the full expression of grief and loss and sadness and missing. If you are treated very poorly -- provoked -- feeling angry is a release; it is a response to the situation that makes sense. If you tell yourself "I mustn't feel angry, I mustn't get down, I mustn't become morose," you will choke up your bottled-up feelings and they will grow to have an independent life inside of you. The full expression of all one's true emotions allows relief, release, respite, but if we feel that "that is a negative feeling; I 'should not feel that way,' we are encouraging a likely lengthy disease state. I was told in my acupuncture program, in fact, that cancer is often the physical manifestation of choked-off, withheld, buried, upset emotions. Expressing those emotions leads to health, for it allows us to shine in authenticity -- and move past the 'negativity' for we allowed it pure release.

I am just floored by this chapter . . . so many parts of it jumped out at me as the deeper explanation for inherent truths we all somehow feel or sense. So cool! I have the chills considering all the implications here. Especially loved the ideas about germs -- about believing in germs!!! :lol: ;) Back to acupuncture: we learned we have Wei Qi, which is a protective energetic barrier that protects us from outside 'germs' so to speak (in Chinese medicine it is the wind which invades us, never germs -- and, of course, they believed, in their ancient practice, in those 'demon' sicknesses like what Cannon talks about here. ;) ;) Modern practitioners laugh at that part, conveniently, but I see they meant that thoughts impact health). Anyway, we were told if you feel you are in a 'sick situation,' like an office where folks are all coughing and sneezing -- invoke your Wei Qi. Visualize it as strong, tough, impenetrable, vibrant, alive, and glowing with white light. Then you won't get sick. ;) It strikes me as amazing how many facets of ancient wisdom -- Chinese & Ayurvedic medicine, or even the more modern psychoanalysis -- are mirroring the ideas expressed here in this chapter.

Love it!!!!!! :kiss: :hithere :sunflower:
Thanks so much for sharing John. . peace! With love & gratitude,
Michele
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Hi Michele,

I kinda thought that would really jazz you up! I'm glad you liked it!

I just re-read it pretending to myself to be a healer. It does seem kind of awesome.
Profound wisdom.

I kind of like this part:

Q: We’ve heard that laughter is the best medicine. Can you give the Why?

S: The “Why” laughter is the best medicine is that laughter, at least momentarily, provides you with positive sense of joy and well-being. Provides you with instant health.

I have never in my life heard an explanation for why laughter is such good medicine that is as good as that! Again, profound wisdom.

That particular book has quite a bit of healing info in it. It would be a good one for you to check out, if you ever get a hankerin'!

Did you ever download that free Kindle app?

Love,
John
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

I loved that too! I definitely want to add Cannon's books -- and others you've recommended -- to my list. I can tell I won't be able to put down her books! She is so compelling. What a lady! Is she still living?

No, I didn't download the app yet! :lol: I need to get an external hard drive; the computer is full right now. I will though! It's lovely how many books are free -- the classics, for instance!

Peace! :kiss:
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Hello John -- and everyone following this thread!

Has anyone read any of David Morehouse's books? He wrote "Psychic Warrior," an account of the time he spent Remote Viewing for the CIA after being hit in the head with shrapnel as an Army Ranger. His follow-up book is more of a "How to," and it is called "Remote Viewing: The Complete User’s Manual for Coordinate Remote Viewing."

In one of these two books -- I believe it was the first -- he talked about his idea of using RV to go inside the human cell, particularly in the cells of a human known to be battling a disease state. He hoped that he would master this ability, so that he could tinker with the problem inside the cell -- such as cancer -- and eradicate the issue, one person at a time.

I was thinking about this hope of his as I read "The Consciousness of a Cell." I appreciated Morehouse's idea so much, when I read about it -- but it seems, from what the Higher Self spoke of here, that it is far simpler to initiate a state of perfect healing than Morehouse supposed. We are so used to the 'scientific' idea underlying disease states, that we don't suppose it could be as simple as activating our innate potential! Even without something as complicated as RV!

Peace -- Michele :kiss: