The Essene Gospel Of Peace (book 1)

Discussions of spiritual books
JohnR

The Essene Gospel Of Peace (book 1)

Post by JohnR »

I would very much like a discussion in this thread if anyone is familiar with this text please! Thoughts, ideas, input? A little book, 37 pages, can be carefully read in about 90 minutes. I was hooked on it after reading only 2 paragraphs and could not put it down!

A quote from the intro:

"The Essene Gospel of Peace" is an ancient manuscript found in the Vatican Library. It is a wonderful document of Jesus teaching about how to live in harmony with the laws of nature. I think you will enjoy it immensely. We can't help but wonder what other Dead Sea scrolls lie hidden in the Vatican vaults that were missed in olden times when the Bible was compiled."

The text is published as 4 books and was translated from the original Hebrew & Aramaic in 1931. It was copyrighted in 1981 by The Int'l Biogenic Society, and to this day remains free to anyone.

It is a mind-blowing account of a conversation Jesus had with a group of people whom he had healed. Jesus instructs in minute detail the process we are to undergo in order to cleanse our body so that Spirit can fill us, and he even tells us how to pray. The prayer is the Lord's Prayer. (If you look carefully at the Prayer it is not about wishing for anything, but rather focuses on acknowledgement, gratitude, and thanksgiving. Amazing. I had never seen it that way before. No wonder it's the Lord's prayer! I feel that the specific wording, and thus the feeling conveyed of that prayer must be very powerful as a doorway to higher states). Anyway, the ending of this first part of the story is so beautiful that it almost brings tears of joy to one's eyes. Jesus then goes on to describe, again down to the smallest details what we should eat, how much to eat, when to eat, how to eat, how we should and should not prepare our food, and much more. Many of the concepts presented in this gospel were ideas I had never heard of, or were definitely things I did not know Jesus would say. And every word had the unmistakeable ring of truth to it. The whole book is just amazingly beautiful and I wanted all of the readers here to get a chance to check it out.

At the end of this book there are excerpts from the remaining 3 books. The section quoted from book 4 describes a Holy Stream Of Life, which is accessed in our sleep. Jesus even tells us what to think of as we fall asleep and what to say to ourselves as we drift off to sleep, in order to access these realms. (I assume, after we have cleansed our body and are eating the correct food, prepared correctly).

A link to the PDF: Essene Gospel Of Peace (book 1) :love
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Essene Gospel Of Peace (book 1)

Post by Sandy »

Thanks for that John,
I will definitely take a look at this book when I have the time... (It's after 1:00 am right now and I will soon be heading for bed.) I hope you are well and I am sending you loving thoughts tonight, dear brother. It is always good to have your impute on the board.
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Thank-you Sandy,

I can't say how much I was moved by the book. So beautiful, I know you'll positively love it. Very uplifting. I know now I really have to give up tobacco and coffee!

I too am about 2 1/2 hrs past bedtime!

You have been working really hard...

Love,
John :hithere
CityLight
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by CityLight »

:hithere Thank you very much for this inspirational information John! Bless you both.
Much Love, Daron
I was a seed once planted long ago, nurtured and showered with the Love of others. I now sprout to feed those who gave that Love...and return the favor, tenfold.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Greetings sisters & brothers!

Somewhere I posted, or it could have been in a PM, I don't know. I stated the Essene Gospel Of Peace is part of the Dead Sea Scrolls, and was translated from the original Hebrew & Aramaic texts in 1923 and published in 1931.

Well, then I learned the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered during the years 1946-1956. :shock:

Huh?...

There is a lot of misleading information concerning the source of the Essene GOP. All you have to do is take a look at my quote from the intro to Book1 up at the top of this post.

So here is what I have been able to piece together regarding this confusion:

The author, EDMOND BORDEAUX SZEKELY, claims to have discovered ancient texts in the Vatican archives. He, certainly did not say they are part of the Dead Sea Scrolls. According to one link that I came across the GOP may even be a hoax. The author of this link states that the Vatican even denies Szekely was even there in 1923. However, the obviously well-educated person who wrote the reply in said link seem to be somewhat biased in her opinion. She is obviously not correct in all she says, as evidenced by the last paragraph where she states the Urantia Book claims to be an ancient manuscript. Huh? Excuse me? If you read her whole post she all but admits the whole theory that the GOP is a fraud is just heresay. And stating the Vatican denies the text exists and that Szekely wasn't even there in 1923 goes without saying! You know they would deny its existence and it doesn't take a genius to see why.

The bottom line is that some neo-Essene groups accept the GOP as genuine and some do not.

EDMOND BORDEAUX SZEKELY wrote a book titled "The Discovery Of The Essene Gospel Of Peace", not that reading it would prove anything, one way or the other.

I REALLY dislike being one who spreads misinformation and felt it was my responsibility to try and clarify a few things.

Peace to all!
John