90 minutes in Heaven by Don Piper

Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

90 minutes in Heaven by Don Piper

Post by Geoff »

This book is about a Baptist minister involved in an horrific car accident, where he was ignored by paramedics because they believed him dead, but another Baptist minister would not give up, and prayed and sang till he recovered, some 90 minutes later.

His description of the "heaven" he visited is amongst the most colorful and well described that I have ever read, even as I would say it is exactly what a Baptist Minister would find. And, of course, he now spends his time confirming that that precise heaven is what exists, to the exclusion of anything else. This part of the book is a few pages, the rest is his journey to recovery, well, some sort of recovery, and that is an amazing story of itself.

I read this on my new Kindle, having just published my own book in that format.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
KizzleKat
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: 90 minutes in Heaven by Don Piper

Post by KizzleKat »

Hi, Geoff. I read this book awhile ago, coming from the position of a God-seeker looking for direction (and I finally found a "home" on this site). I enjoyed the story, having served for several years as Administrator of the Portland, Oregon, chapter of Friends of IANDS and interacted with many NDE'ers. Unfortunately, I did not like the feeling of absolutism the book/author proferred -- which in turn took away from the wonderfulness of his story. My experience of NDE'ers is that they come back/away with a much broader acceptance of all "faiths" ... That it's not the name of the road but the path, and no matter the path, but the journey itself that is the greatest gift. I did not get that sense from the book, and put it into the books to be donated in order to find it's home.

As always, just my opinion.

With appreciation for all that you do,

Sharon