My Baba and I by John Hislop

Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

My Baba and I by John Hislop

Post by Geoff »

Just got this book. Wonderful book. I have recalled that very early on in my spiritual journey I came across Sai Baba, courtesy of a book written by a Catholic theologian and priest, and one that got him ex-communicated. It was, to be honest, all too much for me at that time. And now I realise I wish that I had found him earlier, so that I could have actually paid a visit to his ashram. We did ask the midwayers about this enigmatic fellow, and got this: "transcendentaler" That may not mean much to most folks, but it confirms he was an avatar - a divine being in human form - a being normally resident on paradise. But he said he will be back, that is the good news.

Here's is an earlier book I reviewed about Sai Baba.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: My Baba and I by John Hislop

Post by Geoff »

Fascinating and very instructive comment by John Hislop in this book, on page 11:
I was myself doing quite well with the meditation (which is now named Transcendental Meditation), but I was telling those persons whom I initiated that the meditation would lead to the goal of life, Liberation, Self-Realization, Union with the Divine. The two weeks at the hotel would be free from responsibilities for me, since Maharishi and Charley Lutes could run the convention. I decided to stay in my room, do nothing but continuous meditation from 3 a.m. until I fell asleep at night, and see if I would be able to know directly that which I was telling the people whom I was initiating into the meditation. After several days of the 3 a.m.-to-bedtime meditation, waves of bliss started to sweep through me. They were so intense, I could hardly bear them. But, at the same time a devastating realization struck me —"This sensation was being experienced in the nervous system of the body — it was not the Divine Bliss which the ancients have described as 'that peace which passeth all understanding.'" At this moment, I realized that in my work, I was a perfect example of "a blind leader," and especially so when I initiated people into meditation.
I of course believe that I have the answer here, courtesy of James Padgett who channeled Jesus on how to achieve this bliss. And its so simple that nobody is interested.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
theunim
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Re: My Baba and I by John Hislop

Post by theunim »

I would like to add your book recommendation to my list for this year. It's lovely that you're putting up your views and materials concerning the book.Please continue for as long as possible!

Love,
Theunim
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

— Rumi

The pure love of one soul can offset the hatred of millions. ~ Gandhi