Essential Zohar by Rav P. Berg

Discussions of spiritual books
AdamLTucker
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Essential Zohar by Rav P. Berg

Post by AdamLTucker »

This book will begin to evolve on the second or third time around... Kabbalah is interesting, it requires practical application and discipline to be conscious in every moment - conscious of how you treat people, the words you use, the resources you take, the contributions you make.

Here is a paraphrased story from the book that I found to be very empowering

A man is approached by an angel and is given the opportunity to see heaven and hell. The angel takes the man to a beautifully ornate gate through which they walk and approach a large arched entry into what appeared to be a great dining hall stretching as far as he could see and covered with food. However, something was terribly wrong for on either side of this table sat skinny and emaciated people that were starving and unable to eat this feast because shackled to their hand was a 3 foot long spoon which was too long to eat with. This had to be hell. The thought of spending eternity tortured like this was enough for the man to demand to leave…

Immediately the man along with his companion appeared in front of another gate. This gate too was beautifully ornate and curiously similar to the previous. As they walked through they approached a large arched entry into what also appeared to be a great dining hall filled with the aroma of a bountiful feast. In front of the man was another picnic style table stretching as far as he could see, covered with food. But something was very different, for the people that sat before this feast were happy, healthy, and even making jokes amongst each other. These people had the same 3 foot long spoon shackled to their hand however instead of trying to feed themselves, they were feeding each other.

The same situation can be heaven or hell entirely based upon our perspective.

Next time you get lost on your way somewhere, choose to see it as an opportunity to discover something new.

Next time someone cuts in front of you on the freeway, choose to see this person as being in a bigger rush than you are and feel compassion for what ever is going on in their life that has created their urgency.

Next time someone says something to intentionally hurt you, choose to feel compassion for a person that feels they must extinguish your light in order for theirs to shine.

Adam
http://braatah.com/adams-cave/
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Essential Zohar by Rav P. Berg

Post by Sandy »

Dear Adam,
Thank you for the inspiration your post provides for me on this rainy Australian day! It may be raining outside but my heart is full of light as my heart hears what it needs to hear. :sunny:
Welcome to our board. :hithere
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
nasra1996
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by nasra1996 »

Welcome Adam :hithere :sunflower:

Love Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
theunim
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by theunim »

Welcome, Adam! Thank you for sharing that story~ I liked it and I believe that is not the first time I've come across it, but it's always good to have repeated encounters with good things. :)
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

— Rumi

The pure love of one soul can offset the hatred of millions. ~ Gandhi