Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: The Urantia Book

Post by Amigoo »

The rest of the story - Part II

Re: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread899924/pg1

This latest discovery on 606 of Satania was long anticipated by the Urantia Papers, published as the Urantia Book in 1955:

A million years ago ... "While still living with his parents, Andon had fastened a sharp piece of flint on the end of a club, using animal tendons for this purpose, and on no less than a dozen occasions he made good use of such a weapon in saving both his own life and that of his equally adventurous and inquisitive sister, who unfailingly accompanied him on all of his tours of exploration. (63:1.3)" Technically, not a spear but a related concept, predating the spear by several hundred thousand years.

Now we know (?) that Midwayers do not inhabit our internet, but this "rest of the story" makes one wonder about the extent of Midwayer influence: :?:

After sharing my comment (above) on an email chat board about this discovery of 500,000-year-old stone spear tips, I decided to post a similar comment on the original site of this information. A simple "cut & paste" from the email into the site's comment window was followed by the customary random CAPTCHA code (a required entry to confirm the poster's unique computer identity).

This code (two words) required for me to enter was "rempbou Revelation". How entertaining that "Revelation" should be presented as a random CAPTCHA code at the same time that a quote from our fifth epochal revelation was being shared! :roll

"Who can tell?" - an expression also used 2000 years ago (see Paper 166, Section 2.3 in Part IV: http://www.theUB.org).

Rod
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hi Rod,
After reading all 8 pages of the above URL I must say that you and your post give me great hope in the eventual marriage between science and spirituality.... that some day they will both make perfect sense to all people and in their union, relief and understanding will be rampant. I have long believed they are one and the same, all part of the same great whole. Perhaps, it is our insistence to view them as separate and unequal that has actually slowed revelation in all areas.
I so appreciate the work you are doing. :D Thank you for sharing this latest information. 8)
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.CupsAndStuff.com/share.asp?LinkID=952446 :sunflower:

A new mug design to help promote the Urantia revelation. I just ordered four to check the quality, but the design is now shared (anyone can order this mug). The Urantia site will remain just the text (no promotion of persons, organizations or products). However, the two publishers of the Urantia Book are briefly mentioned on the Home Page.

Rod ... :bike:
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

For entertainment more than promotion of products (I'm just a customer of this mug design service) ... :)

The name of the first design was changed to complement the name of the web site URL and one more design was added:

http://www.CupsAndStuff.com/share.asp?LinkID=952576
http://www.CupsAndStuff.com/share.asp?LinkID=952537

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_Eve ... tream_mean

This comment derives from a private discussion today about the Urantia Book. But I then read online that crocodiles and piranha feast on each other when given the opportunity. This suggests powerful symbolism for artists and philosophers: a few crocodiles and a complementary school of piranha swimming after each other in a circle to represent the evil in the world that eventually destroys itself.

And this symbolism gives us caution for the roles we might unknowingly play in the maze called life: Are we the crocodile, the piranha, or the gentle soul who skips across the swirling waters, feeding neither crocodiles nor piranha with egotism, fear, apathy, relaxed morals/ethics or any other optional behavior and attitude.

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

To temper the "busyness" of this season: http://aitnaru.org/homepage/celebration.html :sunflower:

The PDF file now attached to this web page is a shortened version of the original 7-day concept several years ago, but the candles (flameless are best) could be illuminated each day.

The 8-tier candelabra was purchased online; the votive holders also but from two other companies (6 of the holders were a set).
For reference, a new Reiki version of a candelabra with 7 tiers (Chakra Wave) but not spiral candelabra is available on eBay.

Rod ... :bike:
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.theub.org/

Click on the white space to the right of "Urantia Book Fellowship."
to see a new mug design with the same geometry pattern as the first page of this site.
The product quality is very good and the design is printed on both sides of the mug. :sunflower:

Friends, who own property in Sadler, Texas (not related to the Sadlers of the Urantia Book), may include this mug in an online gift shop later this year.

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Very, very nice Rod! As my Dad would say, "That looks like a keeper!" :thumright: I must look into acquiring a couple of those when I return to the US.
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.theub.org/foreword.html (click on the blue A-Z at the top of this page)

Uncertain about the Urantia Book? Want to verify what others are saying about this "fifth epochal revelation"?

:sunflower: “Come and you will see.” (John 1:39)

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Rod! :D I'm putting it on one of my "tabs" for quick and easy reference when needed.
Love,
Sandy
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:king: Improved version of the Crown Squared geometry (green parallelograms are identical) with link to complementary UB text:
http://aitnaru.org/thekingdom.html (click on the design)

:sunny: This design now links to UB text which highlights Jesus' final prayer with his apostles ("I Am"):
http://aitnaru.org/threepoints.html (click on the design)

theUB.org site presents interesting possibilities for anyone to use as an online database of the Urantia Papers (like the two links above):
http://www.theub.org/ (click on white space to the right of "casual browsing." for instructions) 8)

Rod ... :bike: ...
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://aitnaru.org/karotumus.html

The "About Midwayers" PDF document was reformatted for better display and attached to this web page (click on the design to download).
All references to "midwayer" in the Urantia Papers are listed along with the text of those paragraphs.

:study: A great study aid for learning more about midwayers, our "nearest of kin".

Rod ... :bike: ... :sunny:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I have been reading the PDF and am much impressed by the wealth of information. I am thrilled and grateful for the opportunities our good friends the Midwayers enjoy as they ascend through the universe and on to Havona. To know that Bzutu and Mathew, Doctor Mendoza and Sharmon have this glorious future someday as they are free from their work on Urantia. I am so happy for them! Thank you Rod, for giving us such an excellent reference of Midwayer information. :sunflower:
Love,
Sandy
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

To reply to the original question: I've never found a more comprehensive answer to the question of origins than found by combining the information found in these two archive papers.

http://www.ubfellowship.org/archive/mjs ... _of_ub.htm

(bad link)

As far introducing potential new readers to the UB I used to give them copies so if it didn't strike a resonant chord they wouldn't feel as though they had wasted money. Thank goodness for the online free resources!

I would then suggest people read some of Jesus life if they were so inclined. For people who have an emotional block about 'Christianity' and yet open to critical thinking I'd suggest they read Paper 88. I'd go on to suggest that if they found the work attractive, there was no better approach than to start at the beginning and read through the whole book. Although the first two hundred pages on God and the Attributes of God will seem impenetrable during the first reading, a struggle to comprehend the fact that it is full of real meaning expands the mind so the papers provide more and more illumination as one progresses. About 40 years and an number of readings later those first chapters will seem completely comprehensible. :)
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Dear Welles,
Thank you for this very helpful and informative post. Unfortunately, the second link in your post appears to be broken.

Is this where you wished us to go?
http://www.ubfellowship.org/archive/mjs ... ricity.htm

Through your efforts, I have discovered a wealth of interesting essays written by Dr. Meredith J Sprunger in regards to the Urantia Book that no doubt will be very helpful to many of us as we explore this vast book and desire to introduce it to others.(bad link)

A warm welcome to you.
Love, Sandy
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the welcome and resolving that flawed URL. I copied it from an older bookmark and didn't check it prior to posting. Oops... :oops:

Cheers!
Welles
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Here's another interesting view of the origin of the UB. (I apologize for the web site but the content in the transcript of William S. Sadler, Jr's remarks is worth it.)

How The Urantia Book
Came into Existence
by William S. Sadler, Jr.

http://www.machiventamelchizedek.org/F- ... on_09-.htm
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Welles,
Thanks for that. It seems to go right along with, what I remember anyway, (been awhile since I read it) the explanation found for the Urantia Book's origin, when researched by Larry Mullins with Dr. Meredith Justin Sprunger in the book, "A History of the Urantia Papers," copyright in 2000.

Years ago when I first read the Urantia book, I sort of wished to read it with a Urantia book study group, but opted out because I wanted my first impressions to be my own... :lol: not what someone else thought. I felt great truth and sheer relief when I completed it...finally something made sense! :lol: Now, I still read a little of it every day, finding something wonderful and surprisingly new to promote further thought and contemplation, like last night’s rather complicated chapter on Life Carriers. Geez I wish I had paid more attention to the sciences while I was in school! :) But I find it is always worth the effort to read slowly and carefully through whatever the reading is for the day.
Love, Sandy
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Today I found another repository of info about the UB. The basic web site is...

http://www.squarecircles.com/

The specific page that peaked my interest most was...

http://www.squarecircles.com/UrantiaMov ... ersies.htm

The item on that page I found most interesting concerned the origin of the UB...

http://www.squarecircles.com/UrantiaMov ... hrough.pdf

WHIST
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.ubcor.org/ (Urantia Book Community of Readers)

:sunflower: A web site now reserved for later development of the concept of "community" amongst all who read the Urantia Book and disseminate its teachings. Experientially reflecting the message of our planet's fifth epochal revelation, such community already exists and is inclusive of all true sources of inspiration and guidance.

But early feedback on the concept reveals familiar experience: humans, especially in groups, tend to be territorial and proprietary; those outside the group are not considered part of the community and the resources of the group are shared only conditionally ... if at all. The clear message of our Revelation is that this behavior paradigm must fade if we expect to make progress in our march to light and life.

Rod
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Hi Rod,

I understood your observation about the actions of groups but not quite in reference to the new web site which seems to only be a very nicely done 'under construction' page. It has no content at present.

What I've discovered recently is that there are many sites directly built upon or more loosely influenced by the UB on the internet. Collectively they must be considered the community. Each individual one is run by people who are paying in time and money for their expression of truth. If mine is different (and it is) and I wish to present it, it is incumbent upon me to create my own. Why should someone else feel obliged to support my goals if they are busy with their own and mine doesn't forward their vision? It seems to me that is just real. It has nothing to do with spirituality at all.

Until Easter of this year I'd never heard of the 11:11 Progress Group or other aspects of Urantian culture such as the Teaching Missions, Correcting Time or Monjoronson. Although I'd read the UB four times from cover to cover and cherry-picked papers at least another reading's worth over forty years I'd never been particularly involved in thoughts of community. Mine had been a spiritual odyssey illuminated by progressive realizations discovered in experience. The UB gave me the most adequate cosmo-conception in which to interpret my experiences.

I discovered a great wonder with the 11:11 Progress Group Messages. Prior to this last month the Midwayers and other Celestial beings were a nice concept for me but that's about all. I was willing to accept the hypothesis because of the massive doses of truth I was able to perceive in other areas of the UB. In the first few Progress Group Messages I discovered a quality of truth that I'd only encountered in the UB and my own moments (or other people's stories) of experiential moments of illumination. I inhaled all the Progress Group Messages and Georges three books. Now I'm on to the archives and Lytske’s 11:11 Celestial Messages.

It's funny that I don't do trance meditation but strive for absolute conscious presence, a goal I think of as opening the heart. Here I discovered a group of people who use a completely different technique to share revelatory quality truth. I was stunned. All of a sudden the fact of my being a transient on this planet that we share with permanent residents became real to me. What a gift! That was just one of the realizations I've experienced here.

There are a number of other sites that I think of as associated with the UB revelation community. Some I've found to be of great value and others not so much. In the long run the sites which provide real illumination will persist and those which inject the discord of ego will fall by the wayside. My attitude is if I want to do something it is up to me to create it. As you recognize a common failing in group cultures perhaps it is your task to exemplify the solution.

At one time, long ago and far away, I had a Master-Seargeant who used to say, "Run it up the flagpole and see if anybody salutes."

:roll
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Welles,

Yes, the concept has been hoisted on the flag pole and, fortunately, is out of reach of those who already feel threatened by a new idea (which is not new at all - such "community" has long existed on the planet).

:roll What fun! The idea is barely developed - not even promoted; a single web page with minimal content! Oh, the power of a concept and the words that reveal it!

:!: But the site's first mission seems obvious: reflect the good news from and about the planet's existing community and ignore the cacophony of objection. The aromas of preconception, assumption, territorial embrace and proprietary limit waft in the cacophony. When the freshly baked bread is ready (a plug for the free Filabuster Bread recipe online), new aromas will tempt the defenders of the old paradigm.

UBCOR will rest quietly unitl its mission begins (maybe later this year). This site could be transferred to a true support group that will develop and nurture worthy content. ;)

Rod
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Aha! You are having at it! I wasn't clear on that from your post, Rod. I suspect that's because I so new here. Well I think it is a great idea.

Where's your flagpole?Image
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi you two...
I about chocked on a mouthful of coffee when I read these words, Welles.
At one time, long ago and far away, I had a Master-Seargeant who used to say, "Run it up the flagpole and see if anybody salutes."
That is so good! :lol: and sort of puts things in perspective doesn't it?

Rod, the front page of the future site is impressive. It will be a “goodie” when ready to go, complete with inspiring content and perhaps "room to move for “newbies” to the web page. You are a hard working man! :thumright:

I was thinking about something similar that you both are just discussing now earlier this morning after reading Teacher Ophelius's latest message to the List and posted on this website. http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21988

It never fails to amaze me with the timing of these celestial messages. It seems often when I am thinking long and hard about something or need a gentle reminder etc...I find help from a recently posted message.

At times I have wondered if I should be pushing the Urantia Book more in the ministry... but then I think back to days spent entertaining some Jehovah Witness friends who adopted us as their special "pet project" for awhile. All was well between us... they, with their beliefs, and we with ours, as long as we concentrated on what we shared, what we had in common, which was a deep love of God and a desire to give back to this Divine Parent in some way...a Being who has given us so much Life, lessons and the adventure of eternity. When we drifted from that and to be honest, we very easily did that, :roll: things became "less then loving," shall we say and nothing was accomplished. Most certainly we felt we were not honouring our maker in this behaviour. Still, differences and contentions can and predictably will arise and we cannot control other's reactions words and thoughts. But it seems helpful to allow some "wiggle room" and ignore the “nay sayers,” the critics and those on the warpath at other's expense. It is their right to behave in whatever way they feel and it is their responsibility to face the correction some day. But it seems it is our own light that we must watch a bit more carefully as the lesson abound around us... We can burn brightly while helping to illuminate the options for others or we can wall in our light so that only a select few will find welcoming acceptance in our eyes.
I'm glad you have “hoisted your flag” on the flag pole, Rod. "They will come!" I saw 12:34 on my desk clock when I wrote that. (and now I can't help but think of that movie with Kevin Costner, "Field of Dreams". :mrgreen: )
Love,
Sandy
P.S. I must try your filibuster bread... YUM!