Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Gone West

Post by Geoff »

Gone West: Three Narratives of After Death Experiences
J.S.M.Ward

Received in 1914, this book is a phenomenally detailed description of the dark planes of the First Spirit Sphere, and also the Astral Plane. Quite useful classifications of these and even the higher spheres are used in this book, and although these may not easily align with the Spheres described through James Padgett, nevertheless they seem very descriptive and useful. The Astral Plane has to my knowledge not been as carefully explored and communicated in any work that I have ever read, and this seems a great pity, since many mortals apparently pass to this plane where they may reside for a considerable period, till eventually passing up into the Spirit Spheres, or down into the dark planes. It also thus gives a lot of background to the phenomenon discovered by Dr Irene Hickman, and also Dr Carl Wickland of obsession and possession.

One of the REALLY amazing things about this book, is that even though it has very little on the life in the higher spirit spheres, the spirit very clearly communicates that there is yet another realm beyond the Spirit Spheres, and that it is a one way journey there, though what he calls "the wall of fire". This is of course the Celestial Realm, and that is the focus of James Padgett's work, so it's good to find this corroboration. This book can be purchased on Amazon, as it is available though Kessinger Publishing. It is a pity that this publisher does not user OCR, and merely scans the old books, with the result that some pages are nearly impossible to read. The pdf is here.There is also a sequel to this book, which has even more details on the Astral Plane. There are a number of forms of entity on this plane, and these are extremely well covered in this book, so that the issue of astral shells and elementals should be clear to anyone.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
brianm
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Gone West

Post by brianm »

Hey, Geoff...

How does this book compare to "Life in the World Unseen" ? I thoroughly enjoyed that one! It also concentrated mostly on the higher realms, but gave a pretty good account of the lower ones as well....... although I couldn't help feeling that a great deal had been left out or that it was simply not looked into that deeply. I'm sure that the lower realms are not very pleasant to say the least, but I would like to satisfy my curiosity.

Cheers, Brian.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Brian,

Well this one is excellent on the lower dark planes, the best I have ever seen, and gives an understanding you will not get anywhere else. It covers issues like materialistic spirits, as well as the really bad guys, as also lust. But the bit I loved, was the astral plane, because I was not at all clear about that, indeed if you read many sources its never mentioned explicitly. Now I understand that for folks who die young, it offers s second chance, of another world much more material than the spirit spheres, yet where its also possible to discern error and goodness better than here. However the astral plane continues in the sequel, which I am preparing for a pdf as we speak.

love,
Geoff.
brianm
Family

Post by brianm »

Thanks very much (once again) Geoff :D :thumleft:
This one's next up.

Cheers! Brian.
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Thanks Geoff, i've sent these pdfs on to many people...

:sunflower:
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

Thanks for the link to Gone West, Geoff. :D

I downloaded it and have been reading it a little. What A great book! Especially those diagrams of the divisions of the 'spheres' and so on. Very interesting...
:mrgreen:
Be Real. Remain teachable.

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

jfarris wrote:Thanks for the link to Gone West, Geoff. :D

I downloaded it and have been reading it a little. What A great book! Especially those diagrams of the divisions of the 'spheres' and so on. Very interesting...
Yes his classifications/divisions are different to those I have seen before, but I found them both very interesting, and even useful too.

I have been working on the sequel, but the pdf I found on the web was so poor, that its taking me DAYS to get it into shape.

love,
Geoff.
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

Well, thanks a million for what you do, Geoff! It is appreciated. :D

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."
brianm
Family

Post by brianm »

jfarris wrote:Well, thanks a million for what you do, Geoff! It is appreciated. :D
I'll second that :thumright:
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

Geoff,

I haven't finished this one yet ( on ~page 100), but I was just curious as to whether I had missed an obvious connection between the Title and the substance of the book. When I think of the title, I also think of that part of the bible where it talks about "evil spirits who have been cast out going to the waterless places (i.e. the desert?)..."
I'll find that verse and re -post.

jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

Matt 12:43

43“When an evilf spirit leaves a person, it goes into the desert, seeking rest but finding none. 44Then it says, ‘I will return to the person I came from.’ So it returns and finds its former home empty, swept, and in order. 45Then the spirit finds seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they all enter the person and live there. And so that person is worse off than before. That will be the experience of this evil generation.”

-or- Luke's version

Luke 11:24

24“Whenever an unclean spirit goes out of a person, it wanders through dry places looking for a place to rest but doesn't find any. So it says, ‘I will go back to my home that I left.’ 25When it gets back home, it finds it swept clean and put in order. 26Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they all go in and settle there. And so the final condition of that person is worse than the first.”

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

jfarris wrote:Matt 12:43

43“When an evilf spirit leaves a person, it goes into the desert, seeking rest but finding none. 44Then it says, ‘I will return to the person I came from.’ So it returns and finds its former home empty, swept, and in order. 45Then the spirit finds seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they all enter the person and live there. And so that person is worse off than before. That will be the experience of this evil generation.”

-or- Luke's version

Luke 11:24

24“Whenever an unclean spirit goes out of a person, it wanders through dry places looking for a place to rest but doesn't find any. So it says, ‘I will go back to my home that I left.’ 25When it gets back home, it finds it swept clean and put in order. 26Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they all go in and settle there. And so the final condition of that person is worse than the first.”

There are many passages in the Bible that are not easy to follow, with the translations and editors that have applied their minds. I would explain that on the basis that if a spiriit attachment is removed, but the person does not change ("Sin no more") then it will come back again, and indeed, others might too. The Gone West book has plenty of examples, probably more in the sequel, about obsession, and the difficulty the spirit has of removing itself later. As for the desert part, I dont see any relevance, maybe in Aramaic it had a double meaning?

love,
Geoff.
Twinstars
Family

Post by Twinstars »

I actually read the sequel first, which didn't seem to have mattered much, I thoroughly enjoyed both. Sure did answer many questions for me.

Blessings...
Love All...

~"See the Light, and you will know. Know the Light, and you will be."~ An etherVoice.
clarity
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by clarity »

Twinstars wrote:I actually read the sequel first, which didn't seem to have mattered much, I thoroughly enjoyed both. Sure did answer many questions for me.

Blessings...
I did the same. I thought both were great books. I thought it was interesting that some of the spirits in the upper levels of hell did not believe themselves to be dead or even in hell for that matter.

Thanks for the recommendation Geoff!
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

You are welcome. Believe me, these are seriously good books. Only criticism, they are all about the lower levels, and its extremely hard to get stuff on the higher levels. Padgett is pretty much the only source there. But its really good to understand the bottom, I guess, before you sort out the top?

love,
Geoff.