Ask and it is Given

Discussions of spiritual books
jfarris
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Ask and it is Given

Post by jfarris »

Not sure if that actually is the entire name. but its by Esther and Jerry Hicks(?)

(wow, just finished it last night--can't remember the title or the Authors' name..) :oops: :roll: :scratch: :meds:

Maybe i shouldn't have started this post tonight?? :stars: :ncool:

Its fairly long, but the essence is simple. 3 Steps to manifesting our desires in reality: 1) We ASK, 2) The Universe responds, 3) We Receive (or accept the Universe's response and allow it to manifest as our reality)

Step 1 may be a thought, spoken words, written words, etc. Steps 1 & 3 our our work. Step 2 is not our work. Step 3 is where almost everybody goes wrong.

Aaannyhow, I took me about a week to read it. I finished last night Today I had the most amazing, inspiring, positive day ever! :bana:

I might add, for those of you who saw my feather post, that i got the feather yesterday. And somehow I think what i was getting out of the book was connected to the feather, almost like it was a reminder to implement what I had read 2 nights ago, which was:

Anytime that you feel a 'bad' feeling, it stems from a request (or thought) which the Universe has fulfilled, even though it is not in alignment with our vibrational offering ( or who we really are). So it feels "bad" because we are trying to resist the manifestation of the same. So immediately one should exchange the 'bad' thought for the highest or best thought that is accessible at that time.

I.e. We can slowly but surely change our vibrational offering, or dominant thoughts, or request to the Universe, by exchanging thoughts that feel bad for the best feeling ones that we have access to in that moment. In doing so, we align and increase our vibration. Therefore, the Universal response to our "vibe" is resisted less, feels better to us emotionally, is more easily received (or allowed to manifest). This in turn raises our dominant thought pattern, strengthens our vibrational offering, and generally enhances our 'drawing' power. Health, wealth, love...you get the idea.

wow, this is long. :afro: :pirat: So ive only got 2 more sentences.

The feather reminded me to exchange that feeling of futility or anger for the feeling of being unconditionally loved by our celestial friends--Always and Forever! I feel that as a direct result from that moment, I was motivated to finish the book last night (with a fresh, real life example as a reference), which led to
The Greatest Day EVER!

Light and Life, for sure!

Jody
Be Real. Remain teachable.

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

Anyone else ever came across this one??

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

You seem to be talking about "The Secret". That's sure been discussed.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

Now the book is based on the Law of Attraction, as is the Secret. But this one is actually a channeled or transmitted by a teacher named Abraham to Jerry and Esther.

Seems like the title is "Ask and it is Given, selected Teachings from Abraham". When I go home I will verify this, because of how much I enjoyed it!!

I didn't read the Secret, but I did buy and watch the movie. A couple of times. Although it never felt relevant like this book.

I guess what really sets this one apart from the Secret is the discussion of emotions. Specifically how our Emotional Guidance System works, the good or bad feelings, resultant from our resistance or acceptance of our the Universal response to our thoughts.

Light and Life,

jody

oneworld
Family

Post by oneworld »

Jody...I LOVE the Abraham-Hicks material. It is a great way to stay in the moment and be aware of what you are choosing.

Love,

Rebecca
"Of all the stuff in the universe...we're the SPARKLY stuff!" -my brother
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

oneworld wrote:Jody...I LOVE the Abraham-Hicks material. It is a great way to stay in the moment and be aware of what you are choosing.

Love,

Rebecca
No doubt about it!! For me personally, it has been the most relevant book (of the self-improvement type) that I have ever read! Not to mention how fast I saw results in my own experience! :shaking2:

A great read, for sure! :study:

Have a great day, Rebecca!!

Light and Life,

Jody

Bluebelle235
Family

Post by Bluebelle235 »

oneworld wrote:I LOVE the Abraham-Hicks material.
I do too - their teachings are so easy to understand and make so much sense. I am reading 'The Law of Attraction' now - great book!!
~ We did not come here to fear the future, we came here to shape it ~ Barack Obama
~ Blessings ~
Joy >i<
Kaya
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Ask and it is Given

Post by Kaya »

I love this book too! Though I have to say that I've had it for several years and have never finished it, but I dip into it from time to time, and I get related messages sent to me daily on Facebook, which are very reassuring and wise. Oddly, I adore the book and have read bits of it many times, but I always feel exhausted after reading it for a while. A personal resistance in me? Anyway, I like this book better than The Secret (though I did manage to finish that book) as I feel The Secret, though possessed of wisdom, focuses too much on things material rather than spiritual.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I have this book too and I think one thing I really like about it is the practical exercises to improve those moments when we are less than "positive." I haven't opened it for awhile but may dig it back out when we get home and give it another "look see" after reading this thread...It's a good and helpful book for sure. :thumright:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Ang
Old Friend

Post by Ang »

I re-read the Secret last weekend and I just realised that I had been unconsciously (well fairly unconsciously) manifesting things in my life for a long time. I also found it works for negativity in a big way. My brother absolutely hates people smoking near him and goes on and on and on about it. He came to visit recently and we went to lunch one day. As it was a nice day (unusual I know in the UK!) we ate outside. And guess what, a man suddenly appeared out of nowhere and sits at the next table smoking a pipe! A pipe!!! I haven't seen anyone smoking a pipe in years. I remember thinking at the time, OMG he just manifested that :shock:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:lol: I got a chuckle as I pictured the man with the pipe sitting next to you and your brother! amazing isn't it? I am in awe of the many "things" we are discovering, learning and accepting about life, reality etc...so many things wondeful things are around us and just below our physical perceptions...but they are as real as this cup of coffee on the table. 8)
Well, at least pipe tobacco isn't as offensive as other types can be for the non smokers. ;) Hope you enjoyed the nice weather and the time together at any rate. :)
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.