Sai Baba - The Holy Man......and the Psychiatrist

Discussions of spiritual books
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Sai Baba - The Holy Man......and the Psychiatrist

Post by Geoff »

This book is written by Samuel H Sandweiss. Its a good book on Sai Baba, and its once again amazing how I came by this. Some of you might know I am fully into the six volumes of The Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East, and I started thinking about Sai Baba. I came across him many years ago, and wanted to renew my acquaintance with him, now that I have travelled so much further in my journey. Sai Baba is of course, on the surface, much the same as the yogi masters described in those six volumes. Not absolutely however. So I waltz into a second hand book shop that I go to about once a month, and there is this book.

I am thinking Sai Baba is an enigma. He sometimes claims to be "us" and us to be him, but mostly what I read is he is God with a big G, and certainly he encourages folks to come to him, and be with him in communion. Is this worship? I don't want to put words in anyones's mouth, but it must be close. He also says he is an Avatar. So what is an Avatar in his words? A descender, not an ascender like you and I. Now we do know from the Urantia Book that we have had descender's here. Machieventa, Adam, Eve and Jesus. Is it possible that at the time the Ubook was being received that there might be an Avatar on earth that they failed to tell us about? Possible, but I think unlikely.

Now there is absolutely no doubt in my mind Sai Baba must be the most advanced individual living on this world that I know about. Maybe some of those Indian Yogi are also alive, but I don't know about them. I can't detect much humility about Sai Baba, but I don't detect any arrogance either. Obviously lots of real unconditional love. But I have not met him, only read other's opinions. If I look at his teachings, I can only criticise the general thrust to a very minor degree. He absolutely teaches communion/union with God and feeling Divine Love. No doubt about that, that makes him almost alone amongst world teachers to have got that right 100% IMHO. He also sets a very high moral code, so that in effect he also teaches Natural Love, but I have not seen him make any clear distinction between the two, although he has stated Divine Love is the fastest way to progess, and that is very true.

So what's my problem? He teaches reincarnation. I cannot reconcile how such an advanced being can get this wrong. And of course those that believe in reincarnation will latch on, and I have to say : "I can't explain that"

So I asked my Indwelling Spirit for some insight. I am never too sure of my ability to discern my IS's teaching, but I get that he is not an Avatar. I am hoping we can entice a celestial to comment, but I suspect we may not. That's another thing. Sai Baba has never ever in my research mentioned celestials. And they seem to return the favour. He's almost a persona non grata, it would seem. Weird? Very weird. As I said, an enigma. Is he is or is he not an Avatar? Avatars come from the Celestial realm, and do know all about their brothers and sisters. He claims to be "Lord of Lords", and he does talk about Jesus' teachings, but I am not sure he calls Jesus an Avatar. But I do not discern that Jesus/Michael is currently working with him, as is patently obvious with the other Indian Yogis I have researched.

For folks that don't know about Sai Baba, he has materialised thousands of "trinkets" as he loves to give presents to folks, as also candy. These presents include photos, calling cards, gold medallions, beads, even a holy book, and a crucifix which he claimed had the wood from Jesus' cross and that the figure was accurate, not an artistic rendition. Not heard a lot about healing, although I know he was "sick" for six days, having taken on the sickness of a devotee, and he is credited with reviving someone who was declared dead in an Indian hospital. He seems to be able to bilocate, although he travels by car when he wants to move around. There are reports of his altering the weather, and he can read minds. His spiritual presence is so strong he typically causes folks to burst into tears when they are close. Folks have reported seeing him in dreams or catching a glimpse of him even when overseas. His photos sometimes manifest "vibutti" a sort of healing ash that he creates all the time.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Sai Baba - The Holy Man......and the Psychiatrist

Post by Geoff »

George received that Sai Baba is a trancendentaler. That means a Paradise resident, and thus an Avatar.

(But as of 2014 via another medium it has been received that he was simply a mortal. So who knows. )
lilly

Post by lilly »

Geoff
Today I went to type in Sai Baba on the computer....only to come here later today and find this post. Many years ago I knew some healers who were devotees of Sai Baba....A lady came to them for healing and they said that she would be in a minor car accident that would correct the misalignment in her spine. This information was from Sai Baba.....it came to pass just three weeks later.
Love lilly xx :kiss:
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
luvinlife
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by luvinlife »

Wow, Lilly! Absolutely amazing.

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
clarity
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by clarity »

I have a hard time believing that Sai Baba is an Avatar. From a video of him on YouTube, it can clearly be seen that he is performing a magic trick giving the impression of materializing objects out of thin air. In my eyes this is intentional deception, which I do not believe an Avatar would do on any level.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

clarity wrote:I have a hard time believing that Sai Baba is an Avatar. From a video of him on YouTube, it can clearly be seen that he is performing a magic trick giving the impression of materializing objects out of thin air. In my eyes this is intentional deception, which I do not believe an Avatar would do on any level.
Well since the gifts are generally/often gold rings, and I have seen pictures of some of them, I don't think he would be doing that if he paid for them. Many many folks have seen him up close, and written books about it. It's only on YouTube you get folks claiming he is a faker. I guess you will always get that.

love,
Geoff.
Mamo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Mamo »

Wow.. flashback..

I have two childhood friends that have met him in person while in India with their mom, some 15 yrs ago, and he told them amazing accurate personal things from their past and also importatnt events that was to happen in the future.. so whoever he is and whatever you want to call him.. he's not fake or just another magition. I personally was in a lovely indian couples home back when I lived in London and they had a prayer/worship room dedicated to Sai Baba. I told them the story about my friends meeting with him in more detail and they were delighted and gave me two pictures of him to hang up and turn to in prayer and asured me that with devotion and pure belief he would help me if I ever needed him.. she shared a few stories about how Sai Baba had answered their prayers.. then she said that from the walls in 'their holy room' ashes and honey like lines came falling down.. I said I have to see this.. They let me in and it was amazing! Unless this lovely couple were complete crazy and had with great effort smudged honey and ash on the walls themselves I AM A BELIVER cos I saw it with my own eyes.

:loves
Mahsa
~ One for All and All for Love ~
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

I might add that I now know personally a lady who lives in this area, and who had Sai Baba materialize a photo for her, right in front of him, no chance of it being a fakery. She did not know that this photo had ever been created for anyone else, and until I told her, she still thought her's was the only one. What was magnificent about the photo? Its a photo of Jesus. She got it in 2004. We don't know when the other one was created, but in that case, the camera "captured" the photo, while in Sai Baba's presence. There is no chance she printed her's off the web, because her's is far more detailed than the web photo.

( link gone )

The story about that photo is found here: ( site gone )

love,
Geoff