Chris1111
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

The Life Beyond the Veil by Rev. G. V. Owen

Post by Chris1111 »

The Life Beyond the Veil
Rev. George Vale Owen

"The Life Beyond the Veil" is a series of four books (actually five) written by the Rev. George V. Owen, a clergyman in Orford England in the early 1900s. All four books are spirit communications received by Owen through automatic writing taken in the evenings at the vestry of his church. He was first contacted by his deceased mother and a group of other progressive ascending mortals who give their spirit lessons and impressions of life on the various mansion worlds. Book #1 starts out with communications from his mother, but near the end, authorship turns over to one of the higher progressive spirits as does the succeeding three books.

I really like this series because it doesn't deal with earth-bounds, erroneous beliefs, or reincarnation like many in this time period. It is written in very plain english and easy to understand unlike the R.J. Lees series, but in comparison to "Through the Mists," it deals with spiritual law and the function of various institutions on the mansion worlds. One of the spirit authors clarifies the "numbering" of the progressive spheres, and in these writings they are referred to as spheres 1 through 14, but explains that many of the spirits there also refer to them as 1 through 7, each having two levels. The spirit authors here reside in sphere #10 (Mansonia #5) and the information is very good IMHO.

I also came across references to the evidence of sleep life memory just as was explained by Aphaar in "Through the Mists."

I devoured all four books in succession over the holidays--hard to put down.

Here are the links to the PDFs. Enjoy!

http://cid-6fef7a4bf785bf79.skydrive.li ... dVeil1.pdf

http://cid-6fef7a4bf785bf79.skydrive.li ... dVeil2.pdf

http://cid-6fef7a4bf785bf79.skydrive.li ... dVeil3.pdf

http://cid-6fef7a4bf785bf79.skydrive.li ... dVeil4.pdf

Chris.
justylonging1111
Family

Post by justylonging1111 »

Hello Chris!

Thank you so much for the links! I have added them to favourites and will read in time!

God Bless! :sunny:

Love Tannis
---------------
Mortal existence must be visualized as consisting in the intriguing and fascinating experience of the realization of the reality of the meeting of the human upreach and the divine and saving downreach.

Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: The Life Beyond the Veil by Rev. G. V. Owen

Post by Geoff »

Chris1111 wrote: The spirit authors here reside in sphere #10 (Mansonia #5) and the information is very good IMHO.

Dear Chris,

That sounds just great. Gee they keep on popping up. It is significant to me if the spirit author was in the Fifth, as it reflects a certain path, but I will probably have to read the book to see if they say that. I am reading another book from that era, all about India and the wild things those folks can do.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Popov
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Popov »

Chris1111 wrote:The Life Beyond the Veil
Rev. George Vale Owen

"The Life Beyond the Veil" is a series of four books written by the Rev. George V. Owen, a clergyman in Orford England in the early 1900s. All four books are spirit communications received by Owen through automatic writing taken in the evenings at the vestry of his church. He was first contacted by his deceased mother and a group of other progressive ascending mortals who give their spirit lessons and impressions of life on the various mansion worlds. Book #1 starts out with communications from his mother, but near the end, authorship turns over to one of the higher progressive spirits as does the succeeding three books.

I really like this series because it doesn't deal with earth-bounds, erroneous beliefs, or reincarnation like many in this time period. It is written in very plain english and easy to understand unlike the R.J. Lees series, but in comparison to "Through the Mists," it deals with spiritual law and the function of various institutions on the mansion worlds. One of the spirit authors clarifies the "numbering" of the progressive spheres, and in these writings they are referred to as spheres 1 through 14, but explains that many of the spirits there also refer to them as 1 through 7, each having two levels. The spirit authors here reside in sphere #10 (Mansonia #5) and the information is very good IMHO.

I also came across references to the evidence of sleep life memory just as was explained by Aphaar in "Through the Mists."

I devoured all four books in succession over the holidays--hard to put down.

Here are the links to the PDFs. Enjoy!

http://cid-6fef7a4bf785bf79.skydrive.li ... dVeil1.pdf

http://cid-6fef7a4bf785bf79.skydrive.li ... dVeil2.pdf

http://cid-6fef7a4bf785bf79.skydrive.li ... dVeil3.pdf

http://cid-6fef7a4bf785bf79.skydrive.li ... dVeil4.pdf

Chris.
Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for this share, I wonder if there is not an French version ?

Best Regards.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Popov, for bringing these books back into attention. I missed it first time around and look forward to squeezing it in somehow with my other reading options at this time.
Welcome to the board!
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Welcome to the boards Popov!

Chris, I'm going to give these PDFs a perusal.

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Rev. George Vale Owen

"The Life Beyond the Veil" is a series of four books written by the Rev. George V. Owen, a clergyman in Orford England in the early 1900s. All four books are spirit communications received by Owen through automatic writing taken in the evenings at the vestry of his church. He was first contacted by his deceased mother and a group of other progressive ascending mortals who give their spirit lessons and impressions of life on the various mansion worlds. Book #1 starts out with communications from his mother, but near the end, authorship turns over to one of the higher progressive spirits as does the succeeding three books.

Chris.
Dear Chris,

I have now completed the first volume, and even before I had done that, I ordered physical print editions of all four. On the basis of what I had read, I felt I would like them in my library. I have managed to get four volumes by the same publisher that were made about 1950, so not first editions, but nice hardback books all the same.

Now my impression. I liked the Lowlands of Heaven very much. Sure it is no where as detailed as for example the Anthony Borgia books, nor several others I could mention. But it has a different feel about it which I would call very "personal". Particularly his mother's communications, although I certainly found Astriel very interesting. At this stage I don't have the information that explains how they are counting spheres. Probably that comes later as I see you have said the 10th is in fact the 5th. What I liked about his mother's was that it was simply a few days of her life in Summerland. (I did consider she might more accurately be in the Borderlands, but will go with Summerland since she used that term a few times. Summerland is the top part of the First Mansion World.) She also touched on some things that are rather hard to get straight, in particular the effect of strongly held false beliefs on progression, and the issue of typically having both bad and good traits, and having to compensate for the bad before you gain the benefit of the good you did.

I will certainly recommend these books on my site, and possibly go as far as creating e-books of them if I don't find any available globally. The pdfs are rather poor in my opinion. It will be interesting to see if in the later volumes the issue of how you prepare yourself spiritually to reach the Christ spheres is covered. If they are in the Fifth, it indicates they do know, and are on the Christ path.

hugs
Geoff
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Rev. George Vale Owen

"The Life Beyond the Veil" is a series of four books written by the Rev. George V. Owen, a clergyman in Orford England in the early 1900s. .
I have now found a FIFTH volume. Its the only one I ever found, there are no pdfs on the web, and its interesting the other volumes refer to there being four, but now I have bought a FIFTH. The title is The Outlands of Heaven. Makes me wonder if there is a sixth?
hugs
Geoff
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Geoff wrote: I will certainly recommend these books on my site, and possibly go as far as creating e-books of them if I don't find any available globally.
Volume 1 is now in final editing before uploading to Amazon as a kindle. Four more to go after that. I still have not figured out the numbering system in use for "spheres" or "zones". But I have not finished all volumes.

hugs
Geoff
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Volume 2 is now done, and at Amazon.

http://new-birth.net/books_life_after_d ... #highlands

hugs
Geoff
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Geoff wrote: I still have not figured out the numbering system in use for "spheres" or "zones". But I have not finished all volumes.

hugs
Geoff
Yeah got that figured. You have to divide by two to arrive at the same system that The Urantia Book, The Padgett Messages and the Robert James Lees books use. Go figure.

hugs
Geoff
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Volume 3 is now done and at Amazon.

http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24414

hugs
Geoff
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Yeah!!! Thank you Geoff! I hope to be able to check it out when I have a little time to read and enjoy.
It is so good that you are doing this and helping to make these books available for more people to read.
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Now have four volumes as both Kindle e-books (US$1.99 each) and pdfs (and the pdfs are free). All have been edited to remove the archaic words that are impossible to understand. See this page:

http://new-birth.net/books_life_after_d ... m#lowlands

Volume 5 is on its way.

hugs Geoff
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Geoff! You do good work! :sunflower:... and earning multitudes of "Melchizedek bars" for your "retirement plan." ;)
Hmmm if they taste anything like chocolate,... I would be glad to carry them for you, up there. :mrgreen: WHIST
love,
Sandy
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Sandy wrote: if they taste anything like chocolate,... I would be glad to carry them for you, up there. :mrgreen: WHIST
love,
Sandy
Heh heh, we will have to see if they can be cashed in, as it were. LOL.

hugs
Geoff
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »