The gita chatper 10

Discussions of spiritual books
U-RANO
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

The gita chatper 10

Post by U-RANO »

"Intelligence, knowledge, freedom from doubt and delusion, forgiveness, truthfulness, control of the senses, control of the mind, happiness and distress, birth, death, fear, fearlessness, nonviolence, equanimity, satisfaction, austerity, charity, fame and infamy—all these various qualities of living beings are created by Me alone."

"The seven great sages and before them the four other great sages and the Manus [progenitors of mankind] come from Me, born from My mind, and all the living beings populating the various planets descend from them."

"One who is factually convinced of this opulence and mystic power of Mine engages in unalloyed devotional service; of this there is no doubt."

"I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who perfectly know this engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts."

The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are fully devoted to My service, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me."

"To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me."

"To show them special mercy, I, dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of knowledge the darkness born of ignorance."

"Arjuna said: You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the ultimate abode, the purest, the Absolute Truth. You are the eternal, transcendental, original person, the unborn, the greatest. All the great sages such as Narada, Asita, Devala and Vyasa confirm this truth about You, and now You Yourself are declaring it to me."

"O Krishna, I totally accept as truth all that You have told me. Neither the demigods nor the demons, O Lord, can understand Your personality."

"Indeed, You alone know Yourself by Your own internal potency, O Supreme Person, origin of all, Lord of all beings, God of gods, Lord of the universe!"

"Please tell me in detail of Your divine opulences by which You pervade all these worlds."

"O Krishna, O supreme mystic, how shall I constantly think of You, and how shall I know You? In what various forms are You to be remembered, O Supreme Personality of Godhead?"

"O Janardana, again please describe in detail the mystic power of Your opulences. I am never satiated in hearing about You, for the more I hear the more I want to taste the nectar of Your words."

"The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Yes, I will tell you of My splendorous manifestations, but only of those which are prominent, O Arjuna, for My opulence is limitless."

"I am the Supersoul, O Arjuna, seated in the hearts of all living entities. I am the beginning, the middle and the end of all beings."

"Of the Adityas I am Vishnu, of lights I am the radiant sun, of the Maruts I am Marici, and among the stars I am the moon."

"Of the Vedas I am the Sama Veda; of the demigods I am Indra, the king of heaven; of the senses I am the mind; and in living beings I am the living force [consciousness]."
Furnish your House, Nourish your Body, Cleanse your Soul, Educate your Mind, and then Realize your Spirit.
blue nova
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by blue nova »

The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are fully devoted to My service, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me."
:D :D

U-RANO,

when one states...work for God...may i ask, what does that mean to you ?

i have been pondering on this, and when i read
their lives are fully devoted to My service
...i started to ponder again....
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
U-RANO
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by U-RANO »

blue nova wrote:
:D :D

U-RANO,

when one states...work for God...may i ask, what does that mean to you ?

i have been pondering on this, and when i read
their lives are fully devoted to My service
...i started to ponder again....
To me...hmmm.

Good question..."fully dedicated" to me would mean 100%.
Not having any other masters; pretty much like a partner in marriage not seeing anyone else ever, or a worker never quitting same job or looking for other options.

In the case of any religion, that would mean adhering to the written word as much as possible, according to that particular scripture, and following to the letter all that recommends.

"The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are fully devoted to My service, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me."
Furnish your House, Nourish your Body, Cleanse your Soul, Educate your Mind, and then Realize your Spirit.